• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

12 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Granit Xhaka is the biggest fucking prick in the world of football and I am so done with him being an Arsenal player.

It blows my mind how this guy is still playing for Arsenal. He's been doing this for years now. I've lost count of how many "top 6" games he's ruined by getting a red card or giving away a penalty.

Buuut as Keirik said, it's entertaining to watch as long as you're not emotionally invested in his team lol.

Xhaka has 5 red cards for Arsenal, including 3 in the last 2 years. At this point, I rather have Guendouzi or Torreira over him. Except we decided to keep this schmuck instead of send him to Roma. I wish Torreira didn't hate England as much as he does. And that Guendouzi wasn't as much of a prick as he is. We really could use both of them in our squad right now, as we're so thin at CM. 

Oh and don't forget aside from the red cards, the mistakes that lead to goals for Xhaka. The penalty he gave away to Man City that started our unravelling. Or against Burnley last year when he passed the ball across goal...into the chest of Chris Wood and right into our net. I fucking hate this guy. I hope he gets boo'ed to shreds at our next home game. We can't keep forgiving him for costing us points and opportunities.

19 minutes ago, Dunny said:

How much is Arsenal going to dish out for this guy?

Canada Soccer is a thing, and it ain't going away!

Not sure they'll go for him. I think they want someone with a bigger physical profile. Probably Isak since Vlahovic fell through. I'd take him in a heartbeat though. Lacazette is solid in link up but his fitness is meh, Nketiah is never going to be a top-6 team striker, and Balogun just got loaned out. Would fit in well with the dynamism of Saka, Odegaard, and ESR

Nice chip

Well, I'm not surprised.

The guy got kicked out of his first ever international call-up because he broke the security rules for the players hotel - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12654521/icelandic-beauty-mason-greenwood-jelly-babies/. This was at the same time as he was together with the girl he's allegedly beaten and raped now.

That situation should've served as a wake-up call for the boy, but it clearly didn't. This is just way too far and he should get some real consequences for this.

Really sad because the guy is an amazing talent. I hate Man United with all my heart, but Greenwood is/was special.

ManU doing all the right things as much as they can, though they might have known about it before the tweet/pictures/transcripts. Removed from the squad and training. He was held overnight by police and is being questioned again today. Hope they do a thorough examination of the situation and if it is true, throw the hammer at him. 20, athletic, rich and famous doesn't excuse anything, let alone this type of behavior.

Edited by Cash or Czech