• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

So the back-to-back CL dream looks dead now. If it wasn't for Mendy's terrible giveaway or if Lukaku managed to score a header like Benzema there would still be hope...

Benzema with back-to-back CL hattricks against PSG and Chelsea is pretty crazy. The headers for the first two goals was amazing. I don't think people understand how hard that is to do.

Seems Eintracht Frankfurt dominated Barca yesterday, on the pitch and in the stands. With easily over 10.000 Eintracht Fans at an Away game.

Barca Fans were so unable to cope they boycotted the start of 2nd Half and the Club wants to personalise tickets for European games now, so they can't be resold.

How to embarass yourself even more after a bad loss.🤣

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/barcelona-vs-eintracht-frankfurt-live-score-europa-league/lboxmaokjrv9acx77detk929

Glasgow, Frankfurt, West Ham and Leipzig make up the semi-finals in the Europa League, some nice matchups there.

• The Chyt! 1

16 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Seems Eintracht Frankfurt dominated Barca yesterday, on the pitch and in the stands. With easily over 10.000 Eintracht Fans at an Away game.

Barca Fans were so unable to cope they boycotted the start of 2nd Half and the Club wants to personalise tickets for European games now, so they can't be resold.

How to embarass yourself even more after a bad loss.🤣

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/soccer/news/barcelona-vs-eintracht-frankfurt-live-score-europa-league/lboxmaokjrv9acx77detk929

Glasgow, Frankfurt, West Ham and Leipzig make up the semi-finals in the Europa League, some nice matchups there.

There's not a lot of clubs I hate more than Barca, so that was lovely to watch. Barca's fall from greatness to a mediocre team struggling in the Europa League is a childhood dream come true.

And that boycott was so cringe lol.

Kinda nostalgic to a degree, reminds me of when I still had a season ticket to the area behind "our" goal.

After a particularly bad loss to our hated rivals the "organised fans/Ultras" decided they wanted to boycott the game for 15 minutes, I thought it was dumb, but had no other choice than to take part in it, as they blocked all ways into the stands.

9 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

On the replay I disagree. For once VAR gifted us something. 

Weirdest penalty I've seen in a while. Saka takes Azpi's arm and just falls. I have no idea why VAR didn't overturn that. Was already 3-2 in the 90th minute, so whatever I guess.

I could see this loss coming a mile away. We're mentally and physically tired after the Real Madrid games and the FA Cup semi final in the weekend. No Silva and Rudiger in defence (Good God how bad was Christensen and Sarr last night???) also no Havertz (had to use the useless Lukaku). Also Arsenal coming off 3 straight losses was always going to up their game to this game.

Still a 5p lead with a game in hand to 4th place, so don't really care too much. I rather see Arsenal get the 4th place over Spurs or United anyway.

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

I got to see them play Fiorentina in Charlotte pre-COVID. It's really an awesome experience seeing it live. 

I had tickets to the Arsenal-AC Milan match last year that got canceled, so I had pre-sale rights for this one and got in 10 rows off the pitch in the supporters section. Gonna be wild.

• The Chyt! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 3:08 PM, fletch said:

Terrible referee decision to give penalty to Spurs against Arsenal.

Apparently they got another 'weak call/call Arsenal didn't get earlier in the season' again today against Burnley, and that proved to be the difference. 

Edited by Cash or Czech