• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I fucking hate Anthony Taylor. Screwed over by that idiot again. Played a really good game against Spurs and should’ve won…

Since when was it allowed to pull someone’s hair like that?? Why is VAR not giving a red card there right before the 2-2 goal?

In fairness to Taylor, it's less of his fault and more of VARs fault unless there is info that he refused to be advised by VAR. 

Personally. I was happy to see them just let stuff go and play. Some bad blood and physicality reminds Mr of the league in the 90s and I miss that 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Anyone now wanna tell me United are a couple of guys away from competing? Lol. Brutal thus far. 

Yeah man. I walked 8 minutes with my buddy to the deli and the TV there showed 2-0. Then we walked 8 minutes back and had the game on in the background and 4-0. It's not a lack of talent. It's the mentality. I don't even think it's the Glazers. Just need to clean house of the players playing for themselves and find players that want to play for Manchester United. 

• Keeps it 100 1

22 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Yeah man. I walked 8 minutes with my buddy to the deli and the TV there showed 2-0. Then we walked 8 minutes back and had the game on in the background and 4-0. It's not a lack of talent. It's the mentality. I don't even think it's the Glazers. Just need to clean house of the players playing for themselves and find players that want to play for Manchester United. 

Yeah, thr Glazers get a bad rap but mostly their fault is how disrepair the stadium is in. On the field they've thrown money at the problem but they keep the same 75% core when most of the team needs to be gutted imo if they ever want to be a perrenail force. 

53 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Yeah, thr Glazers get a bad rap but mostly their fault is how disrepair the stadium is in. On the field they've thrown money at the problem but they keep the same 75% core when most of the team needs to be gutted imo if they ever want to be a perrenail force. 

Is there anyone on the team even worth keeping at this point? I feel like Rashford is the most 'heart and soul' player from afar but his form has been way down the past two years. I look up and down the lineup and don't see many guys playing the game for the club

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Is there anyone on the team even worth keeping at this point? I feel like Rashford is the most 'heart and soul' player from afar but his form has been way down the past two years. I look up and down the lineup and don't see many guys playing the game for the club

Rashford totally needs a complete change of scenery just to his own good but he is a boy from .Manchester so at least I know he cares. Sancho can stay. He hasn’t reached potential yet. The rest? I’ll help them pack. I still think this team is on paper good enough to fight for top 4 but will never er take a step beyond that. First thing the team needs is a completely new midfield. Things will fix themselves a lot faster if that is addressed properly. 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

In fairness to Taylor, it's less of his fault and more of VARs fault unless there is info that he refused to be advised by VAR. 

Personally. I was happy to see them just let stuff go and play. Some bad blood and physicality reminds Mr of the league in the 90s and I miss that 

There's a huge difference between "blood and physicality" and violently pull someone down by their hair. The game was full of hard tackles and challenges, which it should, but pulling someone by the hair got nothing to do with "physicality", that's cowardice and is not allowed.

It's like saying Brad Marchand is a physical, but not a dirty hockey player.

Both the tackle on Havertz before 1-1 and this hair-pull before 2-2 was RIGHT IN FRONT of Taylor, and with his history with reffing against Chelsea, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

8 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

There's a huge difference between "blood and physicality" and violently pull someone down by their hair. The game was full of hard tackles and challenges, which it should, but pulling someone by the hair got nothing to do with "physicality", that's cowardice and is not allowed.

It's like saying Brad Marchand is a physical, but not a dirty hockey player.

Both the tackle on Havertz before 1-1 and this hair-pull before 2-2 was RIGHT IN FRONT of Taylor, and with his history with reffing against Chelsea, I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I watched the game. I know what happened. Again, your issue should be with VAR. VAR can’t intervene in that situation unless one of two things occur.

1. it’s a foul that led directly to a goal which it didn’t.

2. VAR has to dee, it violent conduct since hair pulling isn’t directly addressed in the laws of the game.. If they didnt, VAR can’t intervene. 

Even Tuchel in his press conference said the hair pulling wasn’t Taylor’s fault since he probably didn’t see it. He’s looking at nearly 20 players at the same time in a crowd. VAR is where your issue should be with. I have no idea how they don’t but I guess they assume Cucurella made the most of it and was overly dramatic.

The Havertz was a football tackle. You might want to walk back the comment of the tackle being “rIGHT IN FRONT” of Taylor.  It was from a quick counter and Taylor was just leaving Chelsea’s box. He was on the other side of the field looking at the players backsides. I thought it was a foul but I’m not getting on Taylor for that when 3 quarters of the sport dives and acts like a sniper took them out with every bit of contact these days. VAR can’t intervene there because it was too far back in time and there was a brief possession change before the actual goal.

it’s nothing like saying Brad Marchand. Weird take. Not even sure what a hockey player has to do with a discussion about football. 

Edited by Keirik

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I watched the game. I know what happened. Again, your issue should be with VAR. VAR can’t intervene in that situation unless one of two things occur.

1. it’s a foul that led directly to a goal which it didn’t.

2. VAR has to dee, it violent conduct since hair pulling isn’t directly addressed in the laws of the game.. If they didnt, VAR can’t intervene. 

Even Tuchel in his press conference said the hair pulling wasn’t Taylor’s fault since he probably didn’t see it. He’s looking at nearly 20 players at the same time in a crowd. VAR is where your issue should be with. I have no idea how they don’t but I guess they assume Cucurella made the most of it and was overly dramatic.  The Havertz was a football tackle. I thought it was a foul but I’m not getting on Taylor for that when 3 quarters of the sport dives and acts like a sniper took them out with every bit of contact these days. VAR can’t intervene there because it was too far back in time and there was a brief possession change before the actual goal 

it’s nothing like saying Brad Marchand. Weird take. Not even sure what a hockey player has to do with a discussion about football. 

It's a clear red card lol, come on. My issues with Taylor is not just this game, it's been going for years:

They couldn't go back on the tackle on Havertz, I agree, but what about the offside? It's pretty obvious from this still image (you can find video if you want) that Mendy's vision is blocked by Richarlison (you can see he puts his head to the left to get the view "around" Richarlison, the shot then comes on the other side, so Mendy sees it too late because of Richarlison, who was offside).

I have no idea how other players diving has anything to do with Havertz getting chopped from behind, weird comparison there. Are you implying Havertz dived? lol

You compared pulling someone's hair like a 5 y/old to "physicality", just like Boston fans claim Marchand licking people like a 5 y/old to "physicality". Pretty easy and spot on comparison if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

It's a clear red card lol, come on. My issues with Taylor is not just this game, it's been going for years:

They couldn't go back on the tackle on Havertz, I agree, but what about the offside? It's pretty obvious from this still image (you can find video if you want) that Mendy's vision is blocked by Richarlison (you can see he puts his head to the left to get the view "around" Richarlison, the shot then comes on the other side, so Mendy sees it too late because of Richarlison, who was offside).

I have no idea how other players diving has anything to do with Havertz getting chopped from behind, weird comparison there. Are you implying Havertz dived? lol

You compared pulling someone's hair like a 5 y/old to "physicality", just like Boston fans claim Marchand licking people like a 5 y/old to "physicality". Pretty easy and spot on comparison if you ask me.

It's a passive offsides and the right call was made. Most pundits even agree which is difficult to achieve lol  Mendy dove the correct way. Hell, habing Tom Howard even saying it wasnt offsides should tell you something when he alwaya aides with keepers. It was just a perfectly placed shot. Trying to call that offsides is just Chelsea fans whining to be honest. Never tou he'd the ball, never made an attempt to touch the ball, etc.

As for the rest, diving 100% is a hell of a lot more relevant that comparing a hockey player in a different sport. Hell one of the dirtiest players in the history of the sport is Roy Keane and he is celebrated in England. Same with Vinny Jones.

With Havertz, Taylor is 40 yards away and sees a tackle from behind. He can't tell if the guy gets the ball or not but Havertz going down isn't an indication for anything considering EVERY player goes down the second they are touched. Your issue there should be with the linseman right there who has tje ability to raise his flag for a foul and didn't.  If you don't know how diving in the sport of football has directly affected referees abilities to call a game then I don't know what to tell you. An entire video review system was created in the sport largely because of diving. 

And again, why are you on this Anthony Taylor rant when VAR is the one that didn't deem the hair pulling an infraction? Taylor is a crap ref. There are a lot of them in the EPL. He didn't make the call though. VAR did, or lack there of. 

Edited by Keirik

VAR is only there to overturn "clear and obvious" errors. They will only intervene in that case, not a 50/50 judgement call. Personally I think the hair pull in the box is violent conduct and a red, but Taylor either a) didn't see it that way or b) didn't see it, and VAR didn't think it was a "clear and obvious" mistake Taylor made.

When VAR does think the ref made a clear and obvious error, they bring the ref over to the screen so they can review and then make the final call. Happened in the Arsenal game when Vardy went down on minimal contact and was awarded a penalty kick which was rightfully taken away. 

The offsides one...I don't think Richarlison is close enough to Mendy to be "blocking his vision". He's 10 yards away and you can even see Mendy's head is to the left and he has a clear view of the ball. Keirik confirmed that Mendy reacted and tried to save the ball.

Arsenal was on the bad end of that last year with someone blocking the view and our goal being overturned. That one's not even a coin flip or near there, and I think it's just looking for an additional excuse. 

• Applause 1

9 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

And then Luiz doesn't even touch the guy against Wolves but the player goes down and it's a pen and a red. Reffing is inconsistent and generally awful, for pretty much every team. 

This is the games fault though. Every league now has shifted to this idea that players have the "right" to go down when they are touched. That's nonsense. It started with the idea that players never got calls if they stood up during contact. So THAT needed to change, not accepting pure diving as part of the game because it makes crap line this happen.  I want VAR to be able to issue a card if a player dives and VAR has to get involved. Vardy should have been booked for holding up tje game becusse VAR has to review him diving in the box. 

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

With Havertz, Taylor is 40 yards away and sees a tackle from behind. He can't tell if the guy gets the ball or not

Then why did he immediately point at the ball like he got the ball then?

Again, both that tackle and the hair-pull was right in front of him. Now you can come up with every excuse about how other players dive or how it was different in the 90's, but both situations are so obvious and right in front of him. It's horrible refereeing to not see that. Even if VAR could've "saved him" or not. It was bad reffing by him. And I hate VAR too if that makes it any better.

And how can a blatant hair-pull be anything other than a clear red card? They now said that as long as the ref don't catch it you can throw someone to the ground by the hair if you want.

8 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Then why did he immediately point at the ball like he got the ball then?

Again, both that tackle and the hair-pull was right in front of him. Now you can come up with every excuse about how other players dive or how it was different in the 90's, but both situations are so obvious and right in front of him. It's horrible refereeing to not see that. Even if VAR could've "saved him" or not. It was bad reffing by him. And I hate VAR too if that makes it any better.

And how can a blatant hair-pull be anything other than a clear red card? They now said that as long as the ref don't catch it you can throw someone to the ground by the hair if you want.

You keep with this “right in front of him” stuff when there is video evidence of how far away Taylor is. I don’t know why the linesman right in line with the tackle doesn’t raise his flag to signal foul. If you are asking why Taylor points to the ball, then that’s exactly what he’s supposed to do to signal to the players of what decision he made and saying to play on. He got it wrong, but he’s far away. He’s nowhere near “ right in front of him” so you really need to stop that. It’s just false. 

As for the hair pull. It’s already been explained to you but you do t want to hear it. Taylor obviously didn’t see it. It happened almost exactly as the corner was kicked so I’m guessing his eyes were trying to watch the scrum and ball in the air at the same time. VAR let everyone down there. What’s the point of VAR if they don’t have the ability to deem that violent conduct on their own but you’re going on about it being some Taylor conspiracy instead. It’s strange but it’s something that I imagine will be rectified in the future. 

There is a history of over 100 years of officials in EVERY sport missing calls. They are human. 

55 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I guess he's too young to remember the World Cup Final in '06. Should've just pulled his hair instead.

Not following where this fits in here? Should we all start posting players feigning injury or doing stupid things? Who’s too young to remember a World Cup? Huh? 

Edited by Keirik

58 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Not following where this fits in here? Should we all start posting players feigning injury or doing stupid things? Who’s too young to remember a World Cup? Huh? 

I think it's just a separate comment since it just happened in today's game. Amazing how Liverpool turned it on and bossed the game when down to 10. 

51 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I think it's just a separate comment since it just happened in today's game. Amazing how Liverpool turned it on and bossed the game when down to 10. 

I missed the game today but that replay of the red card. Yeah, Zidane v Materatzzi flash backs.  Same feigning death and all lol 

On 8/14/2022 at 1:59 PM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I fucking hate Anthony Taylor. Screwed over by that idiot again. Played a really good game against Spurs and should’ve won…

Since when was it allowed to pull someone’s hair like that?? Why is VAR not giving a red card there right before the 2-2 goal?

as someone who despises both teams, Chelsea were robbed of 3 points there. 

16 hours ago, Keirik said:

You keep with this “right in front of him” stuff when there is video evidence of how far away Taylor is. I don’t know why the linesman right in line with the tackle doesn’t raise his flag to signal foul. If you are asking why Taylor points to the ball, then that’s exactly what he’s supposed to do to signal to the players of what decision he made and saying to play on. He got it wrong, but he’s far away. He’s nowhere near “ right in front of him” so you really need to stop that. It’s just false. 

As for the hair pull. It’s already been explained to you but you do t want to hear it. Taylor obviously didn’t see it. It happened almost exactly as the corner was kicked so I’m guessing his eyes were trying to watch the scrum and ball in the air at the same time. VAR let everyone down there. What’s the point of VAR if they don’t have the ability to deem that violent conduct on their own but you’re going on about it being some Taylor conspiracy instead. It’s strange but it’s something that I imagine will be rectified in the future. 

There is a history of over 100 years of officials in EVERY sport missing calls. They are human. 

I'm just now catching up on this.

I don't know how you miss that call on the Havertz foul. The linesmen can and should have called it. It's so undeniable that the Spurs player literally stopped and then went "oh shit I DIDN'T foul him?" At the same time, it doesn't lead directly to the goal. Jorginho is a goddamn fool for playing with that ball, Cucurella should be rightfully questioned for why he went short with it in a high-pressure spot, and Hojbjerg (fuckin can't spell this dude's name ever) got pretty lucky that it even got through all those bodies.

The hair pulling....my biggest issue with that is that they did hold the set piece (purportedly) to look at whether or not Cucurella's hair was pulled. It was. No question. But again, Chelsea can't mark so poorly in the last minute and expect to get away with it against Spurs.  

Chelsea have a right to be upset with the ref. They absolutely should complain, because missed fouls of those magnitudes aren't acceptable when you have things like VAR and linesmen to confirm them. That right, however, does not extend to playing the game poorly because the ref is having a bad day. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1