• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

25 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I guess 45mil pounds on Chilwell two years ago wasn't enough to settle the left back spot? Or is Chilwell going to play second fiddle to Cucarella with Alonso potentially leaving?

You know, I have no idea. I'm totally lost as to what's the plan this summer. We've been linked to every possible player available on the face of earth the last month and it's everything from CB's, to left backs, to CDM's, to wingers to strikers.

There was no talk about a left back a couple weeks ago, only that we needed 2-3 more CB's. We was after Kounde, but after that fell trough we're now chasing Cucurella. Totally different players.

I can see the reason behind it tho. Alonso is certainly gone and Chilwell had that injury last season that kept him out for months. Maybe Tuchel wants to try Chilwell or Cucurella as one of the 3 CB's with the other as the LWB? Either way we need back-up at the wing-back roles, last season we had major injuries on Chilwell and James and that ruined the entire season, we totally fell apart once we lost them.

The wing-backs are crucial in Tuchel's 3-4-3 so I like that we are adding quality depth in those positions, but I would've liked to prioritize a striker atm.

One of my favorite players a few years ago, Radja Nainggolan, was playing with his local team (Royal Antwerp) against my local team here in Norway. We finished 4th last season so we got the last spot for conference league qualifying. Only a year after we got promoted from the 2nd division, so watching "European football" at our stadium last night was a new experience.

Unfortunately lost 1-3 at home, so it's not looking good before the 2nd leg. Nainggolan scored 2.

297881862_10158439037690689_7796431591155799888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5b7eaf&_nc_ohc=RgR5z6_5k10AX_b3sXw&_nc_oc=AQkhBGhaHZGTp5-N1yaIFcXk1Nq5wjg0ukKs5IpQknEHwuFn_AgTUI3uizsTPdZRPrE&_nc_ht=scontent-cph2-1.xx&oh=00_AT_i5bPV9plFNPurHqSh_tn0g7cXudKPT_GFR3FqJ1Xelw&oe=62F16739

Didn't play the last couple of seasons, but I made a team again now. Will probably forget to change the team and fall off after ~10 rounds as usual.

For some reason I can't post pictures from my laptop now. How do you post a screenshot from phone? I only get the chance to "Insert image from URL", no idea how I do that from my phone with a screenshot lol.

16 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Didn't play the last couple of seasons, but I made a team again now. Will probably forget to change the team and fall off after ~10 rounds as usual.

For some reason I can't post pictures from my laptop now. How do you post a screenshot from phone? I only get the chance to "Insert image from URL", no idea how I do that from my phone with a screenshot lol.

I have a private discord server for myself and upload them there, then use the link generated to post here

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I’m not sure what’s more troubling. Your boys in 2nd or United at +7th 

😝

Probably Arsenal in 2nd, but I think Liverpool will miss Mane far more than they think. May not be enough to warrant Arsenal or Chelsea over them, but certainly not 30 point runaways again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

Probably Arsenal in 2nd, but I think Liverpool will miss Mane far more than they think. May not be enough to warrant Arsenal or Chelsea over them, but certainly not 30 point runaways again.

Oh the league will definitely be closer, but that gap also smaller for Chelsea and especially Tottenham. They’ve improved as well. I think for Arsenal, the biggest worry I’d have is that while Zinchenko and Jesus are great additions, neither were “the man” at City. Thry were more complimentary players so we will see how it works with them getting increased responsibilities.

As for United. They aren’t getting top 3. That gap is too big. 4-6 though? It’s still a team with Fernandes, Sancho, Rashford, Verane, De Gea, Eriksen, Ronaldo?, Martial, and some talented young guys. Personally, I really hope Ronaldo goes bye bye. I don’t want anyone that doesn’t want to be there. I say leave him home and make him honor that contract. Show some backbone and that thry aren’t playing around anymore. 

• Keeps it 100 1

So far, the Arsenal frojt 4 with Jesus, Odegaard, Saka, and Martinelli have been rather lethal. Jesus doesn't need to be the man here, but he needs to be better than MC Jesus. Which is plausible.

Zinchenko will be our first choice LB and then may end up slotting in at LCM if we can't figure out Tielemans once Tierney is healthy. They really just need him to be a less dumb Xhaka.