• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

They should see if Eusebio and Beckenbauer fancy a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With that kind of money they can go on and resurrect Maradona too. Shit, let's see if Maldini wants to be a cyborg.

PSG have got to be cooking the books. Where is FFP on this?

With that kind of money they can go on and resurrect Maradona too. Shit, let's see if Maldini wants to be a cyborg.

PSG have got to be cooking the books. Where is FFP on this?

Qatar is hosting a World Cup…

Let’s not get into how corrupt FIFA is lol.

Having said that, PSG still won’t win the UCL IMO. Signed half these players 5-10 years too late and Pogba is the most overrated player in world football, swiftly followed by Neymar and Mbappe. There’s a reason why these guys don’t come to the EPL.

I agree on Neymar but not Mbappe. He’s the real deal

I can understand why some would think that.

He would need to play in a better league for me to change my opinion. I just don’t give much credence to scoring against Dijon and Angers etc. It’s why I have always rated Ronaldo better than Messi (not by much to be fair), he did it in the EPL and killed it. It’s tough to do when Martin Keown is trying to end your career at the same time lol.

Mbappe was completely ineffective for France in the Euros. I was genuinely shocked to see how many chances he squandered where he could've put France up by a goal and avoid penalties. And then of course, he's the one who misses the penalty. I think he's a great player, but he's playing in a soft league. When faced with the important games like eliminations, he flounders.

Mbappe was completely ineffective for France in the Euros. I was genuinely shocked to see how many chances he squandered where he could've put France up by a goal and avoid penalties. And then of course, he's the one who misses the penalty. I think he's a great player, but he's playing in a soft league. When faced with the important games like eliminations, he flounders.

Exactly. Big players turn up in big games, and Ligue 1 isn’t good quality. But, he’s young so my opinions could change in no time to be fair to him.

did you guys forget the world cup? he dominated where Ronaldo and Messi fizzled out. Mbappe has been bad throughout the UCL and Euros. Something must be up but comparing him to Ronaldo who's arguably the best player to ever play the game is unfair

Yeah, and the French team is absolutely loaded. Even Giroux can score for France lol.

Wasn’t necessarily comparing, was just saying I don’t think he is a top player, yet. He needs a move away to prove himself IMO. Obviously it’s not like he’s awful or anything lol, he’s welcome at Blackburn!

Yeah, and the French team is absolutely loaded. Even Giroux can score for France lol.

Wasn’t necessarily comparing, was just saying I don’t think he is a top player, yet. He needs a move away to prove himself IMO. Obviously it’s not like he’s awful or anything lol, he’s welcome at Blackburn!

it'll be interesting if RM will try to get him.

Tbh if it weren’t for the economic climate in football I think he would already be playing in Spain for Barca or Real.

Yup. In a normal world where Barca and RM aren't broke he would already be in Spain (most likely in Madrid).

With that said, (with no bias whatsoever) I take Haaland over Mbappe every day of the week and I think Madrid is thinking the same. I have a feeling they're trying to make room for him next summer (Not bought anyone this year and got rid of a few players).

Will be interesting to see ?degaard in Arsenal. As a norwegian Chelsea fan its a strange one, but I think its a match made in heaven. Both the player and the club is average and overrated. Their speciality is "look good, but aint good". He'll play a few good games, have some nice passes and ultimately not win anything :thumbs:

Fun fact: I've played vs ?degaard in an U15 elite tournament a few year back. He was a RW and I played LB that game. Already knew who he was before the game and he was better than I ever could imagine. I ended up being sub'ed off at halftime when we were down 3-0 and ?degaard had sent me to the hot dog stands a few times too many.

That's an amazing story. :chug:

I'm psyched for ?degaard. Arsenal looked at it's best for most of the Second half last year with him on the field, and I think Arsenal is a club that will give him the reins and release the pressure a little.

Arsenal bought an entirely new spine with him, Sambi, and White. Hope it pays off.

O-DE-GAARD doo doo doodoo doodoo (I apologize for the Ted Lasso reference in advance)

Lmao.

Tbh I’m with Zuc. Smith-Rowe is a better and more effective player from what I have seen. Albeit this is likely less than you guys, but just my opinion. Not a bad signing, same as Ramsdale, I just don’t think either make you any better. You aren’t going from 8th to 5th with Odegaard and Ramsdale. But it’s early so we’ll see.

Lmao.

Tbh I’m with Zuc. Smith-Rowe is a better and more effective player from what I have seen. Albeit this is likely less than you guys, but just my opinion. Not a bad signing, same as Ramsdale, I just don’t think either make you any better. You aren’t going from 8th to 5th with Odegaard and Ramsdale. But it’s early so we’ll see.

They're very similar players. I think Smith-Rowe is a bit more dynamic, whereas Odegaard is more controlled.

They're both first team quality, so I'd guess there's a plan to either run a 4-5-1 setup with a lot of pressure on the wings or to let one of them play more forward than we've generally seen.