• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

Daniel Levy is probably the most stubborn person to try and negotiate with. I could see Kane not being allowed to leave.

This. I see prior points, but Kane isn’t going anywhere, YET. My brother has season tickets at Spurs, and that stadium doesn’t pay for itself. I actually think if England had won the Euros he would have signed a new contract, but obviously he still hasn’t won anything. I like the new coach from Wolves but they have a lot of work to do same as Arsenal, if not more. I would love to see him abroad tbh, Barca like Lineker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. I see prior points, but Kane isn’t going anywhere, YET. My brother has season tickets at Spurs, and that stadium doesn’t pay for itself. I actually think if England had won the Euros he would have signed a new contract, but obviously he still hasn’t won anything. I like the new coach from Wolves but they have a lot of work to do same as Arsenal, if not more. I would love to see him abroad tbh, Barca like Lineker.

I think Spirito Santos or whatever his name exactly is will be a pleasant surprise for Tottenham. He got Wolves overachieving quite often

I'm just eargerly awaiting the Portuguese influction that comes with a team managed by Nuno and his relationship with recruiting via Mendes. Guy is known for super shady deals, which will clash heavily with Levy's conservative approach to fees.

Yeah my brother is concerned about random Portuguese signings lol. Although to be fair Wolves couldn’t attract top players whereas Spurs probably can. There will be some but less I figure.

Danny Ings to Aston Villa for 30mil pounds as a response. Leaves a wide open hole up front next to Che Adams, that Adam Armstrong may fit well into.

That was the quickest transfer saga I've ever seen. 3 minutes between first report and official announcement?

Saints only had 47 goals last season, and Ings scored 12 of them. Need a replacement or IMO they're relegation candidates.

Yeah swift work by Villa. Some solid replacements just not the dynamism of Grealish, who I don’t see working at City.

Kane I don’t like the approach. I get he wants to move and I’m fine with that but there are/were better ways to deal with it.

Barcelona just announced in an official communication that they will not renew Messi’s contract. Holy shit. No clue where he ends up. Really only Manchester City and PSG that can afford his wages?

Going to be interesting. There are quite a few clubs that could afford him but whether they want that is another thing. Dude prints money for clubs though.

Grealish better sign that paperwork ASAP lol

Lmao, very true. Villa just spent $55m so it better go through lol

Edit: Just saw he signed. Think City might regret this signing. Shades of Chelsea and City a few years back signing young English talent and barely playing them (Parker, Wright-Phillips, Sinclair, Rodwell etc). Though that trend had ended but we’ll see I might be wrong. I will say it’s good for the national team him being coached by Pep though.

• Like 1

I think Grealish is way better than Sinclair or Rodwell, or guys City signed like Delph that just weren't up to the level of play expected. I think he'll fight for time and have to learn how to go from "the guy" to "one of many", and if he can transition successfully I think it'll propel him further.

Villa I think will be in the 12-15 spot in the table without Grealish. They've made some really savvy signings. An attack featuring Ollie Watkins, Danny Ings, Emi Buendia, Leon Bailey, and support guys like El Ghazi, Traore and McGinn means their attack likely won't faulter to dismal levels. Still, it'll be an adjustment to not having a single star player.

Messi allegedly has already been in contact with PSG, so he and Neymar may get to play together again.

I’m not going to lie. I don’t care for Grealish. Is he a talent? Yes. Is he a footballer? ……..

First, I can’t stand how he wears his shin guards and socks. I know that’s pittance in the end of things, but it’s annoying AF to me. Second, I can’t stand how he gets could be contact he initiated himself. I know it’s something the EPL is trying to end so there is that. Third, his hair Is also annoying AF. It’s not 1997 m8. Fourth, he’s the type of player that benefits from as many touches as possible. Kevin DB is their maestro. Grealish is not. I could go on but you get the point.

I’m not going to lie. I don’t care for Grealish. Is he a talent? Yes. Is he a footballer? ……..

First, I can’t stand how he wears his shin guards and socks. I know that’s pittance in the end of things, but it’s annoying AF to me. Second, I can’t stand how he gets could be contact he initiated himself. I know it’s something the EPL is trying to end so there is that. Third, his hair Is also annoying AF. It’s not 1997 m8. Fourth, he’s the type of player that benefits from as many touches as possible. Kevin DB is their maestro. Grealish is not. I could go on but you get the point.

Lmao, all valid gripes.

I think Grealish is way better than Sinclair or Rodwell, or guys City signed like Delph that just weren't up to the level of play expected. I think he'll fight for time and have to learn how to go from "the guy" to "one of many", and if he can transition successfully I think it'll propel him further.

Villa I think will be in the 12-15 spot in the table without Grealish. They've made some really savvy signings. An attack featuring Ollie Watkins, Danny Ings, Emi Buendia, Leon Bailey, and support guys like El Ghazi, Traore and McGinn means their attack likely won't faulter to dismal levels. Still, it'll be an adjustment to not having a single star player.

Messi allegedly has already been in contact with PSG, so he and Neymar may get to play together again.

I mean, he missed a decent chunk of time last season and they still won games so I think 12-15 may be harsh. The difference with Villa is they can defend, to their credit.

I mean, he missed a decent chunk of time last season and they still won games so I think 12-15 may be harsh. The difference with Villa is they can defend, to their credit.

They’re really thin on D. If Mings or Konsa goes down, they only have one backup. I do think I was being a bit harsh now that I’m thinking on a full night’s sleep however. 9-13 might be a bit more realistic. I’d be happy to be proven wrong as the entire team steps up and elevates their play without Grealish

They’re really thin on D. If Mings or Konsa goes down, they only have one backup. I do think I was being a bit harsh now that I’m thinking on a full night’s sleep however. 9-13 might be a bit more realistic. I’d be happy to be proven wrong as the entire team steps up and elevates their play without Grealish

Yeah both those pints seem fair. But the thing is every team outside the top 5-7 have very little depth. It’s the nature of the beast, especially post covid with squad sizes reducing to save on wages and lack of transfer funds available. Still time for them to add before the deadline and it’s not like they don’t have money now right. I don’t mind Villa, then and Leeds are the most entertaining of ‘the rest’ once you eliminate the ‘big teams’ IMO.

Yeah both those points seem fair. But the thing is every team outside the top 5-7 have very little depth. It’s the nature of the beast, especially post covid with squad sizes reducing to save on wages and lack of transfer funds available. Still time for them to add before the deadline and it’s not like they don’t have money now right. I don’t mind Villa, them and Leeds are the most entertaining of ‘the rest’ once you eliminate the ‘big teams’ IMO.

Maybe it's posturing to make LaLiga relax their salary cap strictness so they can bring back their main selling point? There's just too few places for Messi to realistically go. I saw somewhere that City are out because they didn't plan Messi to be available, and went with Grealish instead. Plus Grealish got the #10.