• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

I wish I had watched the game tbh, the FIFA career has made me invested in some of these players! I checked the match on Transfermarkt. Did Gallagher start on the RW or up top? It has Dolan as the starting center forward. Either way, good start to the campaign with Swansea expected to do well yet again.

Messi officially being announced as a PSG player. Man, that team with him, Neymar, Mbappe, Di Maria...stacked. We'll see if they can handle the CL this year. Completely fizzled out last campaign.

Gallagher is a tall centre forward, sometimes gets pushed wider but won’t now Armstrong is gone. Dolan a small tricky speedy wide player (looked really good when I saw him last season).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I randomly saw them play Bordeaux at Parc des Princes like 20+ years ago. Bought a fake ticket but they were cool about it and still let me in lol.

There were these 2 brothers from France that would come every summer. They really got me into psg. They brought us shirts, signed balls, other random trinkets. This was let 90s, early 00s when they weren’t the same powerhouse they were before and after my fandom. I think the one ended up playing low level pro league in NY after I lost touch. Does soccer have an eliteprospects equivalent?

There were these 2 brothers from France that would come every summer. They really got me into psg. They brought us shirts, signed balls, other random trinkets. This was let 90s, early 00s when they weren’t the same powerhouse they were before and after my fandom. I think the one ended up playing low level pro league in NY after I lost touch. Does soccer have an eliteprospects equivalent?

That’s cool man. They are a classic team to be fair, albeit they have changed a lot since foreign investment in recent decades, much like Manchester City.

I can’t say I use a website per say, just good old google, but others may have a suggestion. I can only think of Transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/

Transfermarkt is definitely the eliteprospects of football. I even found my wife's cousin who plays in the 7th/8th level of English professional football...

Probably drank in the pub with him lmao.

Mind if I ask who he played for? That was about my level lol.

Can’t say I’ve heard of them but I only played in the south east of England so likely why

Fair play. I haven't heard of them either. Just funny how much stuff you can dig up on sites like transfermarkt and eliteprospects. I even have an eliteprospects page from playing club hockey [emoji1787]

Fair play. I haven't heard of them either. Just funny how much stuff you can dig up on sites like transfermarkt and eliteprospects. I even have an eliteprospects page from playing club hockey [emoji1787]

Lmao that’s awesome.

Pretty sure one game we had Pepe, Saka, ESR, and Odegaard as our front 4 and it was an absolute disaster. I'm fine if he starts Martinelli, but he just got back from the Olympics and has a major injury history. Not sure he's fully rested/fit.

The one time Pepe started up top, he defaulted to the LW instead and our attack was miserable.

Arsenal just aren’t a good team anymore, has been that way for a while now. It’s pretty much as simple as that tbh. Top 4 is lightyears away based on this performance (and lineup). I will say Brentford play some really nice football though.

But, as the cliche goes, it’s a game of two halves (or four quarters if you ask Ted Lasso).

I mean, that second goal should've been disallowed for the Brentford defender literally holding Leno's arms down...but our defending was pathetic. Absolutely dreadful performance. I almost hope we get relegated as a big FUCK YOU to the Kroenke's, though it'll never happen. We're Midtable FC

I can see your point but it’s weak goalkeeping. He has to do more there.

Relegation would probably be the quickest way to reset. Can offload the big earners quicker and blood the kids. But you have to be careful not to sink lower like Blackburn, Leeds, Southampton etc. Plus the championship is the hardest league in the world to get out of IMO. Very little difference between top and bottom.