• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what's funny about this thread? Almost every time I come in here and read posts talking about how boring the show is, and how people find it predictable and monotonous, and how they're ready to stop watching... the posts being made almost always coincide with articles being released indicating record-breaking ratings and viewership numbers. :rofl:

AMC’s The Walking Dead midseason finale spiked to its biggest ratings ever.

[bGCOLOR=Yellow]Sunday’s hour delivered 14.8 million viewers and an incredible 9.6 adults 18-49 rating. That’s up 23 percent from last year’s winter finale and marks the highest-rated midseason finale in the show’s history.[/bGCOLOR]

Overall, TWD is up about 13 percent from this point last year—just when you think this show might have peaked, it surprises you once again. Post-show Talking Dead also had its highest-rated mid-season finale, with 6.6 million viewers and 4.2 million adults 18-49.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/01/walking-dead-ratings-midseason-finale-record/

• Like 1

Yes because a few people in this thread are a huge percentage of that viewership.

That's not the point. The point is the hilarity of seeing a thread dedicated to the show being with posts about people wanting to stop watching when all the national reports indicate increase spikes in viewership.

I give shows a TON of leeway. A show has to royally fuck up its plot and characters in order for me to stop watching it. The Walking Dead hasn't even come close to that. I don't think I'd ever stop watching it.

Same. That, or I just have to not be into it very much from the start. Even the Farm season with TWD wasn't enough to bore me away from it.

I mean, I've said it before in this thread, but the series isn't designed to focus on zombies, or even people surviving from them. It's called the Walking Dead because it's focused on the actual survivors, and how they cope in this new wasteland of a world. You simply have to have interest in their stories as individuals, and as groups, and how they conflict to appreciate the show. The zombies themselves, and the battles they have with them and others in the world are sort of side stories, even if they can take over a whole season from time to time.

Same. That, or I just have to not be into it very much from the start. Even the Farm season with TWD wasn't enough to bore me away from it.

I mean, I've said it before in this thread, but the series isn't designed to focus on zombies, or even people surviving from them. It's called the Walking Dead because it's focused on the actual survivors, and how they cope in this new wasteland of a world. You simply have to have interest in their stories as individuals, and as groups, and how they conflict to appreciate the show. The zombies themselves, and the battles they have with them and others in the world are sort of side stories, even if they can take over a whole season from time to time.

You should just add it to the OP.

The first season was also just six episodes long with a completely different show-runner.

Ultimately they're following a pattern established in the Comics that also slows.

If you ask me, the pace from Season 1 was simply unsustainable as a series. It's too chaotic. You'd be killing off "major" characters every other episode at that rate.

I enjoyed it more though. Honestly, if they had tied up the CDC thing in a couple of episodes and ended it with that, then I would have been happy with an HBO-style one-off miniseries.

I understand that there are comics and there's a lot more backstory, but the pace of the show became way too slow after season 1. It became a zombie soap opera that I simply could not stand to watch.

I enjoyed it more though. Honestly, if they had tied up the CDC thing in a couple of episodes and ended it with that, then I would have been happy with an HBO-style one-off miniseries.

I understand that there are comics and there's a lot more backstory, but the pace of the show became way too slow after season 1. It became a zombie soap opera that I simply could not stand to watch.

Well, I'd say you bailed far too early to make that determination, but the second season is arguably the worst in the shows history, so I can see why.

I'd strongly suggest you either skip to the finale of Season 2 and start watching again from Season 3, or just watch from Season 3. If 3 doesn't get you back into it, nothing will.

You cant base an entire show on 2 episodes lol

I watched season 1. I liked it.

I started season 2. I hated it.

I'm basing it on more than 2 episodes. It was clear to me the show was moving in a different direction. I didn't like that direction. The seasons were vastly different.

I think I gave the show a pretty fair shake. As Phil admitted, the rest of that season blew and I did watch the last episode (because I heard all the hullabaloo about Rick shooting the little girl in the penultimate episode of season 2) and it still didn't pique my interest.

I give shows a TON of leeway. A show has to royally fuck up its plot and characters in order for me to stop watching it. The Walking Dead hasn't even come close to that. I don't think I'd ever stop watching it.

Same here, there is no show EVER that has captured me as much as this show, the apocalypse setting of this show is so interesting to me that no dialogue or even real action is always needed, they could have darryl walking through a village looking at the remains of what was once civilization and not say a thing the entire episode and I would be entertained. really sad about Beth, I would have prefered it was Carol.

I watched season 1. I liked it.

I started season 2. I hated it.

I'm basing it on more than 2 episodes. It was clear to me the show was moving in a different direction. I didn't like that direction. The seasons were vastly different.

I think I gave the show a pretty fair shake. As Phil admitted, the rest of that season blew and I did watch the last episode (because I heard all the hullabaloo about Rick shooting the little girl in the penultimate episode of season 2) and it still didn't pique my interest.

Like I said, check out Season 3. If you still can't get into it, it's just not the show for you.

That's the point. I give it leeway too, and I am not even sure why. Season 1 was by far the best season, in my opinion.

That's the point. I give it leeway too, and I am not even sure why. Season 1 was by far the best season, in my opinion.

It definitely went in a different direction after season 1. That first season was fantastic, I cant pin point why I like it so much, but I agree with you in that regard. Season 2 was by far my least favorite so far but I liked it too.

• 2 months later...
Well, you gotta give them credit... Robert Kirkman and Greg Nicotero that is. They both said things are only going to get worse (before they get better) for the group. I think that second-half-of-the-season-premiere pretty much proves it.