• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize how little they've actually moved with respect to Atlanta. I thought the episode was pretty good. I think there is more to Beth as a character, and this episode displayed that.

In all fairness we don't know how long that drive to the hospital actually is

I Just can't get over how fucking good this show is...after all this time.....pulls me in like no other....seem to only get better as well imo. The whole stretch from end of last season to beginning of this season might be the best in the whole series imo.

I didn't mind the last episode, im starting to like Beth more and more. every since she drank moonshine with Daryl she's been on my good list.

Oddly enough I thought this episode was kind of mediocre. Could have done it in 15 minutes. The Abraham flash backs and the reveal were the only significant parts of the episode. Over all too much pointless conversations.

Not saying it needed more action just feel like more could have happened.

I actually found last nights' episode a lot more boring than the previous week with Beth, which a lot of people would probably disagree with. To me, the whole angle with Abraham and Eugene was as transparent as could be from the onset. It was clear as day he was full of shit. Anyone relying on "its classified" when pressed with even moderately probing questions as to his knowledge about what he claims to know is clearly covering up a deficiency.

To finally have him admit it is great, but the path to getting there I found rather boring. Maybe it's just because I don't particularly enjoy Abraham as a character (even though I love the actor who plays him)?

Agree with Phil, this episode was pretty mediocre (although I love ALL walking dead episodes because they all have their place in building the storyline, every episode can't be action filled and crazy or SUPER interesting, other bits of the story needs to be told as well).

As you said the reveal was obvious and it was kind of like ahh finally they know what we all already suspected/known all along. I found the episode exciting in the fact that it ends the constant bs story about finding salvation in DC and now what are they gonna do?? that story line now came to a halt at a crossroads and they're gonna have to decide what to do next, i'm excited about that.

thought the episode was great. looks like next week's episode will be action filled.

I will say that that though the episode was good, it definitely had a really slow pace to it again. I don't remember this many slow paced episodes in one season before.

I miss the fast pace episodes. I'm thinking these slow paced ones really turn me off because the fast paced ones were so good.

I miss the fast pace episodes. I'm thinking these slow paced ones really turn me off because the fast paced ones were so good.

Slow paced is good when you are doing back story or a more in depth look at characters once or twice a season after a lot has gone on.. seems like the majority of them are just kind of slow this season. I get that there are a lot of new characters on the show but the pace can definitely be picked up. The Abraham episode I felt could have been done in half the time. Too many quiet moments where nothing is happening in that episode and last nights episode. Its like they wanna stretch it out now because they are catching up to the comics or something (I do not know if they are anywhere near where the comics are or if they are even on the same trajectory, it just feels like that).

But like I said I am not complaining because I am still enjoying the episodes.. pace is just.. weird.

Slow paced is good when you are doing back story or a more in depth look at characters once or twice a season after a lot has gone on.. seems like the majority of them are just kind of slow this season. I get that there are a lot of new characters on the show but the pace can definitely be picked up. The Abraham episode I felt could have been done in half the time. Too many quiet moments where nothing is happening in that episode and last nights episode. Its like they wanna stretch it out now because they are catching up to the comics or something (I do not know if they are anywhere near where the comics are or if they are even on the same trajectory, it just feels like that).

But like I said I am not complaining because I am still enjoying the episodes.. pace is just.. weird.

I wish they did these episodes going back and forth establishing it. Instead, they are making it linear and showing a very small group of people.

I'm not into this linear way of doing back stories.

People need to relax a little, if it was just high paced action all the time the show would get uninteresting pretty quickly. These kind of slow paced episodes telling backstory what happened to characters are very important in setting the mood of the show and gettin a more intimate feel for the people on the show and what they're going through. I think this is what makes this show so great, if they were just running from zombies or governors every episode it would get stale fast. Now that they've had a few episodes showing what happened to some of the characters though they could use an episode or two of things happening/coming to a head.

Is it only me who find the Carol character extremely annoying? I LOVE Daryl ofc...prob my fav character besides Rick...but Carol...even after she saved them....just rubs me the wrong way.....

• 2 weeks later...
I loved the episode, but when Chris Hardwick announced that there would be a special surprise guest, I knew someone was going to die. I had a feeling it would be Beth. I'm sad though, I thought she progressed into a strong character. Also, I'm happy that it was all about Dawn, and that they are leaving without another epic battle. Despite not showing anyone, something tells me the doctor goes with the group.