• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So next week is the finale?

A lot needs to happen, quickly. Need to find Beth imprisoned at Terminus, Rick needs to find Judith's group. Sasha needs to find Tyrese, Maggie needs to be killed, and this group of hooligans some how saves the day...

I'm really pumped about Joe's group. They're fucked up, but have good intentions. I think they will find Rick and join up with him after an altercation that Daryl diffuses

I haven't touched the comics in months, so I have no foresight here, but I'm hoping Joe and part of his group can be salvaged and eventually interwoven into the fabric of the original Atlanta group.

I haven't touched the comics in months, so I have no foresight here, but I'm hoping Joe and part of his group can be salvaged and eventually interwoven into the fabric of the original Atlanta group.

I don't think they appear in the comics, but it would be awesome if that's what happens. I don't read the comics but from what I've heard they will need all the fire power they can get for some of the villains who lie ahead.

A lot of the negative theories about Joe's group were dispelled though. We found out that they're not the hunters, terminus scouters, or some other type of pure evil group. They're just a group of guys trying to survive that have some brutal rules, but you can't hold that against them given the world that they're in

I have a feeling Rick dies next week. Not just because he will finally be on talking dead but the previews were pretty strange. More of a gut feeling than anything else but I still get the sense.

I'd think they'd show more of Rick in the 2nd half of the season if that were the case. He appeared in 3 episodes, 1 he was passed out the entire time, one episode for 4 minutes, and last night for a small clip. The connection with Rick is at an all-time low... which is uncharacteristic for TWD when they are killing off people.

In that sense, we've seen a lot of Maggie, Beth and Darryl, lately.

Also, Joe's group was brought in to be killed. We need more character deaths and soon.

I wouldn't call their rules brutal. I'd call them tribal.

But yeah, those original fears of them being some outlaw band of raping marauders is kinda out the window now.

Why, because they didn't kill Darryl? We saw them strangle the big black guy, heard them beating another, they 'captured' Darryl, claimed his belongings, explained that they were hunting Rick, almost killed Darryl in the woods over a Rabbit, then killed one of their own.

So a few conversations about their rules has everyone convinced their OK now?

Joe even mentioned that the sanctuary "wasn't a place for them". It was implied that the type of group they were, was not welcomed because they were scavengers. (Unless he's hinting that he knows more about Terminus that the audience doesn't) (did I previously mention these guys saving the day? Ironic to my point, but still)

Haha that is true. Guess I took the preview a little differently for whatever reason. Can't believe it's already the season finale.

Well, Rick dying has been a rumor since late last season. I don't see it happening because I still think Kirkman wants this story to resemble the comic books more than it would without one of the leading characters.

Why, because they didn't kill Darryl? We saw them strangle the big black guy, heard them beating another, they 'captured' Darryl, claimed his belongings, explained that they were hunting Rick, almost killed Darryl in the woods over a Rabbit, then killed one of their own.

So a few conversations about their rules has everyone convinced their OK now?

Joe even mentioned that the sanctuary "wasn't a place for them". It was implied that the type of group they were, was not welcomed because they were scavengers. (Unless he's hinting that he knows more about Terminus that the audience doesn't) (did I previously mention these guys saving the day? Ironic to my point, but still)

They didn't "strangle" the black guy. They choked him out over a spat over a claim. Based on their rules, whoever it was who did it was right to. He claimed the bed first. They beat another, but we have no idea why. Maybe he pulled some shit like the other guy did with Daryl? And they are hunting Rick because Rick killed one of their own. They have no idea why. I don't know if they are "OK" or not, but they are certainly no where near as bad as they were imagined to be when we first saw them.

Joe spoke to Terminus specifically and said its a lie, and a death trap.

They didn't "strangle" the black guy. They choked him out over a spat over a claim. Based on their rules, whoever it was who did it was right to. He claimed the bed first. They beat another, but we have no idea why. Maybe he pulled some shit like the other guy did with Daryl? And they are hunting Rick because Rick killed one of their own. They have no idea why. I don't know if they are "OK" or not, but they are certainly no where near as bad as they were imagined to be when we first saw them.

The guy who strangled someone over the bed was the same guy who had the rabbit problem with Daryl. Dude was probably just a dick that liked starting shit.

Do you know what was wrong with the penultimate episode of season four of The Walking Dead? It's that nothing really went wrong. In fact, it had a happy ending, which I think we all realize means next week's actual season finale is going to destroy us.

I don't know what fucked up things are happening in Terminus that will spell complete disaster for the group, but I sincerely doubt the first team entered this "sanctuary" in the last minute of the second-to-last episode of the season just so everything could be hunky-dory during the season finale. Also, the "next week on" shows Rick looking just a tiny bit upset, so I'm guessing this was just the calm before the new shit-storm our group will find themselves in. Since everybody is either in Terminus or heading Terminus (except maybe Beth, because who the hell knows where she got taken to) at least they'll get to face it together. You know, except for whoever's going to die.

One possibility for next week's episode: Glenn dies. I say this because it was be exactly the right sort of awful The Walking Dead would pull to kill him so soon after reuniting with Maggie. Also, the portentous way Maggie said he'll never need another photo of her makes me think he won't need it because he's going to die.

http://io9.com/oh-god-the-walking-dead-is-setting-us-up-for-a-brutal-1550300694?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

The guy who strangled someone over the bed was the same guy who had the rabbit problem with Daryl. Dude was probably just a dick that liked starting shit.

They're assholes. I'll give you that. But I do think they're important. I can't imagine most will survive, but Joe, specifically, I could see assimilating into the group.

They're assholes. I'll give you that. But I do think they're important. I can't imagine most will survive, but Joe, specifically, I could see assimilating into the group.

I'm actually defending everyone but that one guy. I think for the most part they're all fine. They're rough around the edges, but that one guy seemed to be the only dick. He was the one that killed one guy over a bed and tried shit with another.

Wasnt he on the bed at the time? It was already claimed.