• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seemed so much like he knew something important that no one else knew and nope. Just a one liner.

And a great one, at that. Awesome little cliff-hanger that lets you know exactly what to expect for the next season.

And a great one, at that. Awesome little cliff-hanger that lets you know exactly what to expect for the next season.

I mean I don't know what to expect. They're trapped in a train car. Logic says they break out somehow, but for now they're just in a train car and we're just waiting for Tyreese and Carol to get thrown in too. I guess it's good that they left it that open aside from that they'll be tough and shit, but I feel like we should know that they won't lie down and die.

I thought the last line sucked.

I could see the cannibalism thing coming but its still cool

The Terminus people were obviously not trying to shoot them, and just guide them where they wanted them to go, but that scene of running away from the bullets just looked like a cheesy 1980's movie.

Wasn't a great ending but it sets up for a cool next season so we will see

The line was more of a signal that the fucking bad ass Rick was back, and I couldn't be more excited about that.

It's also good because it shows the new joiners who the boss is, and ensures that there's no power struggle when they do get out.

If you guys remember they had a smallish group of zombies chasing after them early on in the episode and they didn't kill them. I feel like after a couple of days those zombies will catch up, and will have picked up greater numbers and become a herd heading straight for terminus, which would be a great distraction for them to escape.

Can't wait for next season though, it has the potential to be amazing with Rick being back and them having some serious muscle with him, Abraham, Daryl, and possibly Tyrese.

How the hell are they getting out of the container?

- We know the buried weapons will come in to play. The significance of showing Rick throw his revolver in the bag is an obvious tell.

- When Rick was walking, they showed him glance at, what I think, was baby formula. (unless I'm completely wrong) Shows Tyrese, Carol and LAK are near. If they were within a few miles, they'd probably here all the gun fire. I wonder if they scout the place and stumble upon a freshly buried bag of weapons...

- When is Morgan coming back into play?

- Last line should have been cut slightly shorter... right after the "There's something they don't know..." /show

- Also, the guy with Herschel's watch, what was he saying to Rick when he has the gun to his head?

- And you guys were right, Joe's group was definitely a bunch of good dudes. :rofl:

I need to rewatch this episode.

Good episode, kinda weak for a finale.

That last line was pathetic. I got all excited for Rick being back to his old form.. "there's something they don't know".. I'm thinking he set an explosive or he knows one of the guys on the inside or something crazy. "They're messing with the wrong people". Douche chills. I think a 4th grader wrote the script. It wouldn't be a bad throwaway line but the fact that it was THE line they ended on and there was so much buildup for it. Just awful.

That last line was pathetic. I got all excited for Rick being back to his old form.. "there's something they don't know".. I'm thinking he set an explosive or he knows one of the guys on the inside or something crazy. "They're messing with the wrong people". Douche chills. I think a 4th grader wrote the script. It wouldn't be a bad throwaway line but the fact that it was THE line they ended on and there was so much buildup for it. Just awful.

It's a direct line from the comics, so I suppose the comics are written by a fourth-grader. The line in the comics is "They're fucking with the wrong people". The TV version, obviously, replacing fucking with screwing.

I think they should have stopped right there.

As Phil said, this was directly from the comics. There is a specific reason why they used this line... as Jim's been saying

whats with people saying "douche chills" today.

It was a good line, it's going to rally the troops. It gives everyone faith that Rick will protect them and get shit done. He needed to say something to keep moral up, and that's the perfect way to get the rest of the group jacked up and ready to go.

It's motivation, and a great leader knows how to motivate his troops.

• Like 2

It's a direct line from the comics, so I suppose the comics are written by a fourth-grader. The line in the comics is "They're fucking with the wrong people". The TV version, obviously, replacing fucking with screwing.

I'm not talking about the comic. This is not the comic. They have to make adjustments so it doesn't come across as a horrible B-movie type script. The script in a comic carries a different feel. I don't know why you're acting like you don't realize this yourself.

First of all, dropping the "fuck" makes the line inherently weak. You can't replace the word fuck in a moment like that. They should have made it a throwaway line then and ended on something else. Or if they really wanted to end it on that, get rid of that precursor line of "they're going to feel pretty stupid when they realize...". It's just SO douchey. I'm not a comic book reader but if I was, I would have made fun of it then. At least it makes a little more sense in a comic. In the TV adaptation, you gotta realize it comes off sounding fucking silly. It has to feel more natural on screen. I think you're alone (edit: nearly alone) on this one, Phil. Well I'm sure there are other fans that agree with you, but those ones are from a demo. you don't want to hear about.

I'm not talking about the comic. This is not the comic. They have to make adjustments so it doesn't come across as a horrible B-movie type script. The script in a comic carries a different feel. I don't know why you're acting like you don't realize this yourself.

First of all, dropping the "fuck" makes the line inherently weak. You can't replace the word fuck in a moment like that. They should have made it a throwaway line then and ended on something else. Or if they really wanted to end it on that, get rid of that precursor line of "they're going to feel pretty stupid when they realize...". It's just SO douchey. I'm not a comic book reader but if I was, I would have made fun of it then. At least it makes a little more sense in a comic. In the TV adaptation, you gotta realize it comes off sounding fucking silly. It has to feel more natural on screen. I think you're alone (edit: nearly alone) on this one, Phil. Well I'm sure there are other fans that agree with you, but those ones are from a demo. you don't want to hear about.

Post above yours implies otherwise.

The line was fine. It's television. I don't know what "douchey" sounds like. That's an arbitrary term you are prescribing to a non-existent group of people as a straw man. To borrow from Jimmy, your post reads as "stop liking what I don't like". Which is fine. If you didn't like it, you didn't like it, but you acting like we're all stupid for liking it, or for not agreeing with you implicitly (which I'm inferring, obviously) is why I'm arguing with you over this.

• Like 1

Post above yours implies otherwise.

The line was fine. It's television. I don't know what "douchey" sounds like. That's an arbitrary term you are prescribing to a non-existent group of people as a straw man. To borrow from Jimmy, your post reads as "stop liking what I don't like". Which is fine. If you didn't like it, you didn't like it, but you acting like we're all stupid for liking it, or for not agreeing with you implicitly (which I'm inferring, obviously) is why I'm arguing with you over this.

Might I remind you that you replied to my comment. Not the other way around ;)

There is no debate. IMO, the last scene was absolutely horrendous. I can't imagine what you'd like about it but I didn't call you stupid for liking it either. It's a matter of opinion.

There is no debate. IMO, the last scene was absolutely horrendous. I can't imagine what you'd like about it but I didn't call you stupid for liking it either. It's a matter of opinion.

You don't see it as an effective cliffhanger for next season?

You must have missed the part where I said I'm inferring it. I realize you didn't literally call me stupid for liking it.

Like I said, if you didn't like it, that's fine. I thought it was fine. So did Jimmy. That flies in the face of your theory that I'm alone, or "nearly" alone" in thinking this.

I think that episode would've made a good season 5 premier. Not that it would've made any sense to end on the episode beforehand.

Season 5 is set up to have an interesting plot-line. I was worried that'd they'd have to wind up doing another season 2, sit in a "safe" place and wait a full season before it falls apart. But glad there's a conflict lined up

You don't see it as an effective cliffhanger for next season?

Umm sure I guess it does but my friend's Saturn is effective at getting him to and from work. Does that make it a good car? It's loud, smelly, uncomfortable, and the speakers make a hissing noise.

That entire episode had already established that Rick is a badass again. Obviously they have to get out. We didn't need a cheesy string of lines to hammer it in. Less is more. And again it's not the line that even bugs me.. it's the way it set-up all dramatic. "The big reveal" that Rick is a badass (which they already established). Maybe it comes down to editing.. that setup and pause was way too long and it made it feel cheesy. If it had happened quicker, it would have felt more natural.

For the record, I loved the scene where they killed Darryl's group.