• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also found it weird how the cannibals know his name. As if he was a part of their group. Yet they were only supposed to be in that container for a day or two. They just seem way too familiar.

I am guessing this is just due to a bad edit where they left out a scene where he is introduced or something. But never the less they seem more.. Familiar with him than anyone else in the group.

I also found it weird how the cannibals know his name. As if he was a part of their group. Yet they were only supposed to be in that container for a day or two. They just seem way too familiar.

I am guessing this is just due to a bad edit where they left out a scene where he is introduced or something. But never the less they seem more.. Familiar with him than anyone else in the group.

Gareth is the type of dude to figure that stuff out, and I don't think they were taken prisoners right away, they were fed first so he probably got his name then

• Like 1

Overall a good episode. Kind of glad they killed gareth so quickly into the season. I didn't want to see another "villain" plot line drag out. Dying to know who Daryl was with at the end of that episode now.

There has to be a villain plot, otherwise there are no protagonists. It's just a show with a bunch of living dead, and survivors avoiding being killed/eaten.

This just means Gareth isn't the guy this season. We don't know who that is just yet, but I'd imagine the limo with the cross that abducted Beth is going to be the focal point moving forward, along with whatever resistance Abraham and his crew encounter on their way to D.C.

I'm sure they will all run into bad people again but I was hoping they would change it up slightly so that we're not going from villain a to villain b to villain c. Going to get stale really quickly if it does.

Not if each villain offers a completely new perspective. I understand it can get formulaic, but it's a television series. It requires at least some level of formula to be successful. You watch because of the protagonist/antagonist aspect that allows you to hold out hope that the protagonists will come out on top in the end.

It's why you rooted so hard for the Governor to die the last two seasons.

I'm kind of surprised they killed Gareth et al so quickly. He seemed smart enough of a leader to be able to cause real problems for Rick's group.

That said, I loved the episode. I knew that Rick would be back and loved that he remembered the 'machete with red handle' promise he made. I like where this season is going. This split is going to be interesting because IIRC, its the first time a major split was agreed upon and not forced.

• Like 1

I dug it. I don't mind the breakaway episodes. As long as it is done for a reason, similar to the Morgan/Rick episode with the zombie death trap obstacle course, it's still beneficial to the story telling.

Ditto. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out with carol being "captured" and Beth growing a pair.

I dug it. I don't mind the breakaway episodes. As long as it is done for a reason, similar to the Morgan/Rick episode with the zombie death trap obstacle course, it's still beneficial to the story telling.

Breakaways are fine when it's with an interesting character (Rick, Governor, Abraham, etc.). Beth is not an interesting character

I didn't realize how little they've actually moved with respect to Atlanta. I thought the episode was pretty good. I think there is more to Beth as a character, and this episode displayed that.

Same. I thought they were much further away, but they could've been moving in circles for all we know.

I agree with there being more to Beth as a character. I think the ending really shows that she's matured into the apocalypse which is very much contradictory to what Dawn says to her. I'm looking forward to what happens to her. This isn't the same angsty teenager from season two ready to slit her wrists.