• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

Talk about being late to the party, my wife and I just started watching this last week. Finally getting some time together to hang out and relax, so we decided on TWD. Holy cow, I'm glad we did. We binge-watched yesterday halfway through season 2 and we are loving it. I'm trying to avoid spoilers at all cost, but I made the mistake of looking up what one of the actors was in before on IMDB and then saw how many episode some of the characters were in. I was pissed I did that. Hope it stays fun to watch over the long haul.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of a weak mid-season finale. Deanna dying is whatever. Needed to happen. Her character had run its course. I feel they shot themselves in the foot not ending on the Negan clip they showed as part of the teaser during the commercial break in Into the Badlands.

That's the cliffhanger they should have ended this on. Not Sam's cowardly ass not understanding he's about to kill a bunch of people by whining.

Looking ahead though, I wonder if they follow the comics here and kill Sam, and have Carl end up shot out of this?

I agree it was a bit underwhelming. I don't know much about Negan but it seems to be setting up an interesting plot line... Much needed after a pretty boring stay at Alexandria in my opinion (at least the last few episodes which I fee could have been condensed.. Particularly the last one before the finale which I though added nothing to the story).

I also hate the 2.5 month break... Seems really strange to me. If I'm not mistaken they have never gone so long before.

I think it's brilliant. AMC drives folks to give their new shows a shot by doing that. The thinking being that if you sit down, even begrudgingly, to watch the first five minutes of the show just so you can see the Walking Dead preview, you may actually be entertained enough in that five minutes to watch the rest of the show.

It’s also why Talking Dead doesn’t show the preview clip for the next weeks’ episode until the end of the show, or close to it. They want you watching the actual show and then seeing that as a bonus.

I also dig Into the Badlands. Even if the character development is slow, the fight scenes are some of the best I’ve ever seen on cable television. Reminds me of Netflix’s Daredevil. Just a little Matrix-ized. But that's for a different thread.

I agree it was a bit underwhelming. I don't know much about Negan but it seems to be setting up an interesting plot line... Much needed after a pretty boring stay at Alexandria in my opinion (at least the last few episodes which I fee could have been condensed.. Particularly the last one before the finale which I though added nothing to the story).

I also hate the 2.5 month break... Seems really strange to me. If I'm not mistaken they have never gone so long before.

Negan, without spoilers… if you thought the Governor was bad, you haven’t seen shit yet.

And if they debut him as I think they might, there’s going to be a whole lot of outrage happening in two and a half months. :D

Lol to me that means someone important is dying.

:nervous::popcorn:

Love the casting for Neegan. If he does a similar job as he did for The Comedian in the Watchmen it will be amazing

Agreed. Was really hoping for Hamm, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan is kind of a dead-ringer himself. And might be the more dramatic actor of the two.

Negan, without spoilers? if you thought the Governor was bad, you haven?t seen shit yet.

And if they debut him as I think they might, there?s going to be a whole lot of outrage happening in two and a half months. :D

I don't think thats happening because Glenn was seen on set for season 7

OK, midway through Season 4 and this show is pissing me off to the point where I now root for the Zombies

(I actually was happy when the car seat was empty and bloody-and I have a daughter!).

Maybe it's frustration more than anything - there never seems to be any "progress" in this show. Same shit different day only washed/rinsed/repeated in a different way with different characters.

The Governor was a twat, Hershel was my favorite.

They can hit zombies from 50 feet away in the head with 1 shot, but when they are firing at a large group of living people, using automatic weapons, NO ONE gets shot!

If Carl did eat that entire can of pudding, with no running water and clean underwear, I'd worry more about trusting a stray fart than the friggin zombies.

Finishing season 4 tonight - 6 more episodes to go, no work tomorrow for either of us, wife still loves it. I'm about to blow a gasket.

I'm on season 4 too. Was going kind of stale for me as well until the little girl kills her sister and they in turn kill her. Am I the only one who shed a tear after that entire sequence?

No, that kid was bat shit crazy and annoying. If they would have continued playing out her story line, I would have bailed out.

Finished season 4, this terminus looks badass

Us too. I hope Terminus changes things up a bit. We're starting season 5 tonight. Looks like Rick is taking the lead again.

Hey, how come MAggie didn't ask where her sister was? She was the only one from the group unaccounted for that they didn't ask about. Or did I miss that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I guess they nailed the shock value thing, but I thought it was one of the worst episodes of TWD. This review cracked me up

Because man, “No Way Out” was bad, from start to finish. Actually, lazy is a better word—it included some of the laziest storytelling since Herschel’s Farm, although back then the show at least had the decency to tell no story at all.

Rick essentially grabs the Invincibility Star from Super Mario Bros. and builds up a ridiculous hit combo. And just like that, The Walking Dead turns into a video game. These people literally kill hundreds of zombies. Sure, Abraham and Sasha return with assault rifles, and yes Daryl makes a big pool of gas and sets it ablaze for the zombies to wander into, but essentially about a dozen or so people go on a Killtacular Killing Spree against the most zombies the show has ever portrayed. Not only is not a single person hurt during this ridiculous battle, they win. This is, and I use the term with caution, unrealistic, even for The Walking Dead.

:rofl:

Seriously? Realism is your gripe? For a show centered around the living dead?

lol yea, you have to wonder what those people are tuning in for. I think there's a alarmingly large amount of people who watch the show just to nitpick and act like they're smarter than all the fans because they pointed out a few logic gaps in a fucking show about fucking zombies