• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Showtime's 'HOMELAND'

The way I read the whole thing is an underground network/web established through Carrie's confidential contacts in the espionage world. Caracas, I believe, is a non extradition country, no? So it makes sense to bury him in a world where not only can he not escape, but where he can't be sought after legally.

No idea on the heroin, but Gordon (showrunner) ran a similar angle with Jack Bauer in 24, so I'll need a few episodes to flesh this out. My guess is that it's a pain-killing thing, since they have no real access to prescription drugs, etc.

This is what I got out of it too, and I thought the heroin is being pushed on him to get him hooked and keep him dependent on them so he doesnt leave.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to be all "poor Saul", but man, did he pick one busted wife or what? Let her go, dude. I'm sure you can find something better! You're the acting director of the CIA, for chrissake! For the next ten days, at least. :rofl:

Quinn bailing out is really interesting. I never would have pegged him for the guy who'd ultimately regret everything he's done. Certainly not to this point. He's been the CIA's go-to guy for pretty much this shows entirety. This is the same guy who stabbed Brody in the hand a couple seasons ago and never felt bad about a moment of it. I guess it started when he shot that kid earlier this season though. That's probably just eating at him.

I think Dar is with Saul.

Is Brody off the show? Because they clearly don't need him in the story anymore.

I think they do, because I'm willing to bet he's the father of Carrie's baby, and you know she's going to want to clear his name.

If he's the father of her baby (and frankly, she's a whore, I could very well be the father), then she'd probably be showing preggers by now because it's been close to 4 months since the Langley bombing, and they last boned well before that.

If he's the father of her baby (and frankly, she's a whore, I could very well be the father), then she'd probably be showing preggers by now because it's been close to 4 months since the Langley bombing, and they last boned well before that.

Especially considering the amount of pregnancy tests she had in that drawer.

As far as Brody is concerned, I think he is still a guilty man. If they can't find the real bomber, they will continue to pursue him and try him.

What an awesome sequence events with Brody, eh? Just an incredible acting job in returning to normalcy. I loved the hallucinations scenes.

U.S. Marine turned traitor turned Muslim sypathizer turned would-be terrorist turned scapegoat turned heroin addict turned U.S. Marine? Wow.

Gordon has such an amazing ability, almost Tom Clancy-like, to tell such intricate, detailed stories without ever boring his audience with mundane details. Nearly that entire episode was dedicated to the nuance of pulling that mission off, including multiple minutes of "dead air" while the drone software was restarted, etc. Very realistic depiction, I'd imagine, of a real life scenario like this.

The firefight was fantastic, too. I loved the use of tracers to add to the appeal of it all.

Adriana was dozing and woke up and asked why were were watching Star Wars.

:rofl: That's awesome.

The coolest thing about how they did it, to me, was that the tracer rounds were one for every three shots, give or take, which is a pretty authentic sequence for their use in real-life military scenarios.

Archived