• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Showtime's 'HOMELAND'

This season has been sick so far.

Wife and I are only up to episode two or three but having a hard time getting into it. I assume it picks up a bit?

Is it possible for me to have missed, say, the last two seasons and still understand what's going on?

Hmmm, last season was based in Germany mostly. Like I said I have only seen the first two or three episodes but other than something to do with Peter Quinn(don't wanna give away too much) there hasn't been any huge story line links to the last season that would make it seem unable to follow. I don't remember much of the season prior off the top of my head so again I don't think it would make that much of a difference.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It is really incredible how this show has distorted my own reality when it comes to current events. There have been several points over the past two seasons where I have questioned whether things that happened in the show were happening in real life. This show has become everything I ever hoped it would be. And it's funny, because if you asked me at the end of season three if the show would last, I'd have seriously doubted it. But it really took on new life after Brody and became an important commentary on the current global political environment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

We're a few episodes in this season, but damn does this show still have it, or what? I was talking with Chris (Mr. Smith) tonight and we both agreed we actually prefer these Damien Lewis-less seasons more than the ones that made the series famous.

Hideous crying face and all, Claire Danes can act her ass off, and the relationship between Saul, O'Keefe, and Keane is just phenomenal storytelling.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure why I didn't see this earlier, but apparently Season 8 will be the series' final run.

Carrie Mathison’s story is coming to an end.

Showtime is confirming that Homeland season 8 will be the last.

The network’s CEO and president David Nevins told reporters the news on Monday at the Television Critics Association’s press tour in Beverly Hills.

“Homeland has been a game-changing series for SHOWTIME, as provocative about the world we live in as it is prescient,” Nevins said. “This project, arriving right at the beginning of my Showtime tenure thanks to [producers] Alex Gansa and Howard Gordon, and brought to life by a remarkable cast led by Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin, is a richly written character study that is now ready for its natural conclusion. Viewers will be rewarded by the way Alex brings Homeland home.”

Showrunner Alex Gansa added: “Homeland has been the most joyful and rewarding experience of my career. Not many have been as lucky as me — partnered with the miraculous Claire Danes, supported to the ends of the earth by Fox and Showtime, and working in the company of some of the most gifted writers, actors, and filmmakers in the business. I am sad to see the journey coming to an end, but it is time.”

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/06/homeland-season-8-final/

Archived