• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Showtime's 'HOMELAND'

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one here watching this anymore?

No. I was about to come in and post about how this show, IMO, is back. They nearly lost me in those first three episodes with the total rehash of "crazy Carrie", but the last two episodes alone — especially the last ten minutes of 304 with the wool pulled over all our eyes moment between Carrie and Saul really kicked this back into gear.

She's roaring now, too, with the abduction last night and that last cliffhanger "we're back in business ... she's always been alone" line.

Anyone want to make heads or tails of that last episode for me? How did Brody get to Caracas? How did he get shot? Why is he apparently hooked on heroin? Who's the pedophile drug dealer/doctor guy? Who are these protectors/captors of his?

The way I read the whole thing is an underground network/web established through Carrie's confidential contacts in the espionage world. Caracas, I believe, is a non extradition country, no? So it makes sense to bury him in a world where not only can he not escape, but where he can't be sought after legally.

No idea on the heroin, but Gordon (showrunner) ran a similar angle with Jack Bauer in 24, so I'll need a few episodes to flesh this out. My guess is that it's a pain-killing thing, since they have no real access to prescription drugs, etc.

The way I read the whole thing is an underground network/web established through Carrie's confidential contacts in the espionage world. Caracas, I believe, is a non extradition country, no? So it makes sense to bury him in a world where not only can he not escape, but where he can't be sought after legally.

No idea on the heroin, but Gordon (showrunner) ran a similar angle with Jack Bauer in 24, so I'll need a few episodes to flesh this out. My guess is that it's a pain-killing thing, since they have no real access to prescription drugs, etc.

Hmm, I thought that Jahadi owns those thugs in Caracas, to be honest.

Does anyone else just....vehemently hate Dana Brody?

Who's that? Oh, you mean Dana Lazaro? I keep waiting for someone to kidnap, torture and kill her. Actually, forget the torture. You know, they don't even really need to kid nap her. Just leave her dead on the front lawn.

Who's that? Oh, you mean Dana Lazaro? I keep waiting for someone to kidnap, torture and kill her. Actually, forget the torture. You know, they don't even really need to kid nap her. Just leave her dead on the front lawn.

It's just like...

Quinn does cool CIA stuff and gets to be a badass.

Carrie is an emotional trainwreck but gets to do badass CIA stuff.

We have terrorists and officials and awesomeness and suspense and WHINY TEENAGE ANGST

I saw all sorts of activity in this thread and got all excited that some chatter was going on.

Following an episode with a brutal double-murder and a huge character progression in Saul, I open the thread and see "Dana sucks", "I hate Dana", "Does anyone else hate Dana?" Seriously?

http://replygif.net/i/349.gif

Dana is annoying, but let's talk about how much this show has gotten back on track, eh?

I saw all sorts of activity in this thread and got all excited that some chatter was going on.

Following an episode with a brutal double-murder and a huge character progression in Saul, I open the thread and see "Dana sucks", "I hate Dana", "Does anyone else hate Dana?" Seriously?

http://replygif.net/i/349.gif

Dana is annoying, but let's talk about how much this show has gotten back on track, eh?

She's a boulder in the way of an exciting locomotive.

Plus, since you all are so fucking slow in watching the episodes, I can't discuss anything else until like Wednesday.

Nah, I usually watch the night of. This was the only week I didn't, and you can blame my wife for that.

And that's a poor excuse anyway. Me not watching on Sunday means you can't talk about the show in detail?

Huh.gif?

Dana is an annoyance, but she's also somewhat interesting in that she shows the negative effects this post-Brody world has caused. My bet is if his wife was the one suffering the breakdown, few people would hate it as much, based on the fact she's not a teenager.

Archived