• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[Non-Forum Related] Fantasy Football

josh

As someone who has been down the Doug Martin road before (and if he's available at a value round i'll take him, in my other draft on Sunday), I'd like him to show me first before I start him. But in your situation, you have two guys who are in a similar boat. In this spot I go Martin just because the volume will for sure be there, whereas with Abdullah, you can't really be sure yet

He looks realllllly good in the pre-season, though. And Joique should be back and healthy in week 1 i'm hearing, so it worries me with Abdullah.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drafted my other team this weekend, .5 ppr, 10 teams, had the 8th pick. I also had two 6th round picks and no 8th. I traded Vereen and an 8th for a 6th last year and neither of us made the playoffs

QB- Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers

WR- Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Jarvis Landry, John Brown, Rueben Randle

RB-Frank Gore, Mark Ingram, Chris Ivory, Danny Woodhead

TE- Tyler Eifert, Jordan Reed

K- Matt Bryant

Def-Dolphins

Drafted my other team this weekend, .5 ppr, 10 teams, had the 8th pick. I also had two 6th round picks and no 8th. I traded Vereen and an 8th for a 6th last year and neither of us made the playoffs

QB- Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers

WR- Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Jarvis Landry, John Brown, Rueben Randle

RB-Frank Gore, Mark Ingram, Chris Ivory, Danny Woodhead

TE- Tyler Eifert, Jordan Reed

K- Matt Bryant

Def-Dolphins

That's a really solid team dude.

I think so too. I'm happy I got those two RB's in the third and 4th. Was disappointed I didn't get Lamar Miller who went just before I was gonna grab him but these are two solid options. Not terribly big on Brandon Marshall either but it was my 2nd pick in the 6th round and I had already missed out on guys like Gurley and Martin so I said screw it. Landry wound up slipping to my 7th round pick which was great

I think I want to offer Brandon Marshall for Todd Gurley. The guy who has Gurley is in suspension/injury hell already and, if he plays his bench and drops one player on his roster he would definitely drop, he would still be short a WR.

I think I'm strong enough at Wr to stomach that and this would really solidify my RB situation in the long run.

Had the 8th pick in my second league tonight, I'm pretty happy with the way it went down all things considered. I missed out on Duke Johnson by one round for the second time now though, which is very frustrating.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/hawkeyedcx/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-08%20at%209.51.12%20PM_zpsvz7fmyeg.png

Had my 2nd draft last night. Auction draft. Not a traditional league, Commish likes do weird rules. This is a 2 year "keeper league". Allowed to keep 1 player that cost over $5, and up to 3 players that cost less than $5. I had $97 to spend in this draft. We play with a QB, 6 Flex, K, Def. Tight Ends get 1.5 PPR since we play all Flex positions so it gives a little more points towards TEs. If we didnt have 1.5 PPR for TE's their would be 3 TE's drafted and probably even more limited at RB/WR

QB - Russell Wilson ($21)

FLEX - Lacy (Keeper)

FLEX - Jordan Matthews (Keeper)

FLEX - Jarvis Landry ($9)

FLEX - Kenny Stills ($10)

FLEX - Delanie Walker ($12)

FLEX - Devin Funchess ($5)

K - Goskowski ($2)

DEF - Patriots ($1)

BN - Matt Ryan ($8)

BN - Danny Woodhead ($3)

BN - Reggie Bush ($1)

BN - Charles Sims ($3)

BN - Gio Bernard ($9)

BN - Breshard Perriman ($8)

BN - Victor Cruz ($5)

Kenny Stills and Delanie Walker were the last 2 guys I drafted and "overpaid" but that was b/c I had $22 left and had the most money left towards the end. I really pushed to get Tevin Coleman towards the end of the draft but he went for $25 which was absurd.

Had my 2nd draft last night. Auction draft. Not a traditional league, Commish likes do weird rules. This is a 2 year "keeper league". Allowed to keep 1 player that cost over $5, and up to 3 players that cost less than $5. I had $97 to spend in this draft. We play with a QB, 6 Flex, K, Def. Tight Ends get 1.5 PPR since we play all Flex positions so it gives a little more points towards TEs. If we didnt have 1.5 PPR for TE's their would be 3 TE's drafted and probably even more limited at RB/WR

QB - Russell Wilson ($21)

FLEX - Lacy (Keeper)

FLEX - Jordan Matthews (Keeper)

FLEX - Jarvis Landry ($9)

FLEX - Kenny Stills ($10)

FLEX - Delanie Walker ($12)

FLEX - Devin Funchess ($5)

K - Goskowski ($2)

DEF - Patriots ($1)

BN - Matt Ryan ($8)

BN - Danny Woodhead ($3)

BN - Reggie Bush ($1)

BN - Charles Sims ($3)

BN - Gio Bernard ($9)

BN - Breshard Perriman ($8)

BN - Victor Cruz ($5)

Kenny Stills and Delanie Walker were the last 2 guys I drafted and "overpaid" but that was b/c I had $22 left and had the most money left towards the end. I really pushed to get Tevin Coleman towards the end of the draft but he went for $25 which was absurd.

How many guys in the league?

Someone offered me DeAndre Hopkins for Tom Brady. Should I counter with Brady for AJ Green or hold on to Brady and try to trade Roethlisberger instead. Like if I was to counter with Hopkins+Foster (he has Jamaal Charles and Jeremy Hill), is that a better package for Ben or Brady.

I trade Brady for Hopkins in a heartbeat.

Ben is going to have a bigger year than Brady, most likely, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hopkins has a bigger year than AJ Green.

How many guys in the league?

Some idea of price values

Gronk $41

Graham went for $24, in hindsight if I knew I would have had a lot of money left over I would have tried to get Graham for about $30 but i didnt want to screw myself cash wise early on in the draft.

Julio Jones $38

Megatron $33

Lynch $37

pick two of three

Between my WR3 spot and my flex spot, I have to decide between Jarvis Landry, Brandon Marshall and Chris Ivory. I'm thinking Landry and Ivory right now since I think that jets game will be a battle on the ground and Ivory will get a ton of carries. But I'm wondering if Miami will be throwing the ball a ton. I think they wind up being up early and stick with the run and if Landry doesn't get early points it'll be tough to put up more

The Rams D will be why I lose today. Unless Luck can mount a huge comeback.

I did however pull the trigger on a clutch deal right before game time that got me James Jones and Joique Bell for Andre Williams and Eddie Royal. I originally just proposed a jones for Denard Robinson swap, thinking maybe I could take advantage real quick and then that proposal came up as a counter offer... I accepted with stunned amazement.

Archived