• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Brendan Lemieux to LAK For 4th Round Pick

lmao I was just thinking the same. Didnt bother reading after 6 pages. A mistake I won't make again.

It went from some mundane discussion about Julien Gauthier's P/60 to the most informative thread on the internet in five seconds.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I’ll go next: he wasn’t that good and it’s better asset management to move on early

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It many cases, sure, but he obviously brought something they didn't have without him, and look how that went. Hopefully they'll upgrade on him this summer, but it'll be interesting to see hear what the reasons were.

It many cases, sure, but he obviously brought something they didn't have without him, and look how that went. Hopefully they'll upgrade on him this summer, but it'll be interesting to see hear what the reasons were.

Sure, but his toughness didn’t offset his lack of defending ability or lack of offensive skills. Shouldn’t have to sacrifice a roster spot solely for toughness. Matt Martin can cycle and play a regular shift, even if he’s overpaid to do so

I’ll go next: he wasn’t that good and it’s better asset management to move on early

Agree with the sentiment, but I don't agree that was the reason here. They sure didn't care too much about asset management with Georgiev and DeAngelo, in terms of dealing when value was higher. Now they decide to start caring about it because a 4th round pick was "dangled" for Lemieux? Nope. Don't buy that one bit.

The automotive analogy to this is that the team had a blowout, and lemieux was basically the little donut spare. Okay yeah it'll do the job, but it's tiny and not a long-term solution.. just a matter of time until it fizzles out.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was close with ADA, likely backed him, and the Rangers didn't want to risk another dressing room divide.

Kinda thinking this. While I believe Strome was friends with DeAngelo, I'm guessing Lemieux was vocal about his displeasure and Strome was not. Just a guess, of course.

Kinda thinking this. While I believe Strome was friends with DeAngelo, I'm guessing Lemieux was vocal about his displeasure and Strome was not. Just a guess, of course.

Yup. Strome strikes me as a "friends with everyone" kind of guy, too. Like, he just doesn't have any issues at all.

Weird. I thought DeAngelo was liked by most in the room. Obviously tight with Lemieux and Strome, but wasn't Trouba talking him up as he exited? You know? Trouba? The leader in the locker room? Something tells me that locker room wasn't as divided on their feelings about DeAngelo, as some people want to claim.

Weird. I thought DeAngelo was liked by most in the room. Obviously tight with Lemieux and Strome, but wasn't Trouba talking him up as he exited? You know? Trouba? The leader in the locker room? Something tells me that locker room wasn't as divided on their feelings about DeAngelo, as some people want to claim.
Where are the receipts on Trouba talking up ADA...?

Where are the receipts on Trouba talking up ADA...?

It’s not something as players that you’re very happy about, he’s one of our friends,” Trouba said of DeAngelo going on waivers. “That’s the business of the game. It’s a little bit of a somber mood, but at the same time, you gotta be a professional. … There’s a lot of good defensemen who can definitely pick up the [slack].

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/the-mood-around-rangers-after-tony-deangelo-confrontation/

• Like 1

He literally called him a friend and said said our as if he spoke for the room. Would have been more pc to say nothing. Something tells me if no one made any comment you might have said the silence speaks volumes but whatever. Interpret it however you must. :)

He literally called him a friend and said said our as if he spoke for the room. Would have been more pc to say nothing. Something tells me if no one made any comment you might have said the silence speaks volumes but whatever. Interpret it however you must. :)
Oh, I will.

Or we can just stop harping on ADA and move on. The Rangers have. :)