• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

And this is why it should be state mandate that all drivers re-take their road test every five years and all drivers over the age of 55 take it once every two years.

55 is not old but they should come up with an age where they retest every 6 months, maybe 65 or 70. Do you know how much damage an 80 year old can do in 2 years?

They can't. Too many people would fail, they'd get no registration money! :rofl:

:rofl:

You're probably right.

55 is not old but they should come up with an age where they retest every 6 months, maybe 65 or 70. Do you know how much damage an 80 year old can do in 2 years?

Well that's kind of my point. At what point does retirement kick in? 55? 60? 65? Either way I think it should be a requirement that after that point that all drivers be tested regularly to avoid these types of situations.

Though even for the younger drivers I still think re-taking your road test or re-taking written tests, etc. is important and would cut down on accidents. Even if it were every 10 years, it's still better than someone getting their license at 17 and then ending up in numerous accidents by their 30th birthday.

:rofl:

You're probably right.

Well that's kind of my point. At what point does retirement kick in? 55? 60? 65? Either way I think it should be a requirement that after that point that all drivers be tested regularly to avoid these types of situations.

Though even for the younger drivers I still think re-taking your road test or re-taking written tests, etc. is important and would cut down on accidents. Even if it were every 10 years, it's still better than someone getting their license at 17 and then ending up in numerous accidents by their 30th birthday.

I guess it's hard to determine the age of when you should re-take the test. My parents are a perfect example. My mother is 65, looks 45 and has the energy of someone who is 25. My father is 66, he thinks he's 36, looks 76 (he just got home 2 weeks ago from a night out in 1978) and has the energy of someone who is 86. It's weird seeing my mother drive all the time .... that's life I guess.

I think you have to take one at 65, 67 and then every year after 70. My observation has been that 70 is really when age starts to factor in at this point. That's when it did for my grandfather and my grandmother around 75, and my other grandmother around her early 70s as well. My father is 53 and is fine, but in 12 years is say its probably be the right time to have him checked.

A majority of the idiots on the road these days should be retested for their driving ability, or lack thereof, anyway. Regardless of age.

Agreed.

While you scare the shit out of me when you drive, I enjoy the thrill. You're not reckless, you're opportunistic.

Hi, you've never been in the car with me.

I'm seriously about to pull up my accident history for all you assholes so you can see I haven't been the cause of an accident since 2002. First and only one.

so not only do you text and drive but you curse at other motorists as well? potty mouth.

Hi, you've never been in the car with me.

I'm seriously about to pull up my accident history for all you assholes so you can see I haven't been the cause of an accident since 2002. First and only one.

That's not to say you didn't cause one behind you. ;) :rofl:

Edited by Phil in Absentia

Agreed.

While you scare the shit out of me when you drive, I enjoy the thrill. You're not reckless, you're opportunistic.

I'm impatient.

so not only do you text and drive but you curse at other motorists as well? potty mouth.

What, are you surprised?

That's not to say you didn't cause one behind you. ;) :rofl:

Touch?, although most likely not true. I dont run people off the road. As much as I may want to. :D

Seriously though. My last two accidents. ...I was at a stop sign and someone was texting while driving and rear ended me. And someone ran a stop sign and tboned the car I was in.

Touch?, although most likely not true. I dont run people off the road. As much as I may want to. :D

::Lindsay drives by::

Guy in car passing to his passenger: "Holy shit, did you see the size of thos..."

Passenger: "LOOK OUT!"

::crash::