• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Thank you!! Repped

Drives me nuts when people do that shit in public places. It's a fuckin' office. Unless you work for PETA or some new age hippie company who actually care about it, leave your philosophies, religious affiliations, etc. at home. You come to work to work, not convert new recruits to your cause.

Overreaction to milk. Phil has it.

Nah, milk is just that catalyst in this case. We've dealt with two other people in the past who had these kinds of "issues" here. Both ended up leaving because the company refused to cater to their unrealistic demands.

First wanted the company to officially recognize Kwanza as a holiday and give everyone the day off. She later sued us after a box of toner fell on her in the workroom claiming it hurt her back. Case was thrown out. She's still unemployed, from what I gather.

Second sent out a staff-all email asking that people who bring their food in not place any "meat" near her food as she was a militant vegan and that if people wanted to eat poor helpless animals, to do so without intruding on her space... as if someone threw a fuckin' raw meat patty into her salad. Everything in the refrigerator is in a bag, paper bag or plastic container.

People like that piss me off. Leave all your affiliations at home. You are here to work, not preach or recruit people for whatever your cause.

Now where's that whole milk at...

STFU all of you, I just got a memo to not throw anything but paper towels in the bathroom garbage.

HA! We had a similar memo posted in our bathroom about using the garbage cans for them since apparently I work with monkeys who like to throw paper all over the floor.

Nah, milk is just that catalyst in this case. We've dealt with two other people in the past who had these kinds of "issues" here. Both ended up leaving because the company refused to cater to their unrealistic demands.

First wanted the company to officially recognize Kwanza as a holiday and give everyone the day off. She later sued us after a box of toner fell on her in the workroom claiming it hurt her back. Case was thrown out. She's still unemployed, from what I gather.

Second sent out a staff-all email asking that people who bring their food in not place any "meat" near her food as she was a militant vegan and that if people wanted to eat poor helpless animals, to do so without intruding on her space... as if someone threw a fuckin' raw meat patty into her salad. Everything in the refrigerator is in a bag, paper bag or plastic container.

People like that piss me off. Leave all your affiliations at home. You are here to work, not preach or recruit people for whatever your cause.

Now where's that whole milk at...

That really has little to do with someone purchasing organic milk, which is not only better for you, but more expensive. I could see if they were cheaping out and buying Parlamat, like they do here...Be pissed off at that. Being pissed off that they are buying milk that isn't shot up with hormones, pesticides and medications? That's not really something to get angry over, IMO.

Who cares? His job is to buy milk. No one said go out and get organic milk. No one told him to go out and get soy milk or lactaid. Regular milk. That's his job.

Soy milk isn't milk. Lactaid isn't milk. Organic milk is milk.

Just sayin' — buy what people want. Not what you want, for whatever the reason. The fact it costs more is even more reason not to buy it.

Yea, the money I was just using from a standpoint of, it isn't like it's powdered milk or anything LOL.

If he put the milk in a glass bottle with no label, i doubt anyone would know the difference.

Yea, the money I was just using from a standpoint of, it isn't like it's powdered milk or anything LOL.

If he put the milk in a glass bottle with no label, i doubt anyone would know the difference.

I think you underestimate the tastes of others. My brother and I grew up drinking whole milk. When we're given 1% or 2%, we can tell the difference. Skim or some other freak bearing the title "milk" is even worse, especially if we're eating pancakes.

• Like 1

I think you underestimate the tastes of others. My brother and I grew up drinking whole milk. When we're given 1% or 2%, we can tell the difference. Skim or some other freak bearing the title "milk" is even worse, especially if we're eating pancakes.

I'm trying to decide if this is rep worthy. It is 100000% true though. My mother gave me a blind test once with milk and oreos. Not only did I pick out the milk in 2 seconds, I also picked out the bullshit hydrox cookie she tried to give me.

O I'm with you there for sure, but 100% whole milk vs 100% organic whole milk of the same brand, is almost identical.

O I'm with you there for sure, but 100% whole milk vs 100% organic whole milk of the same brand, is almost identical.

^ This.

We aren't talking about whole vs. Skim. We're talking Organic vs. shit with steroids, hormones, medications, etc.

To you, maybe. I could probably taste the difference. Hard to say though, until I do. I'll have to do so and let you know.

I'm trying to decide if this is rep worthy. It is 100000% true though. My mother gave me a blind test once with milk and oreos. Not only did I pick out the milk in 2 seconds, I also picked out the bullshit hydrox cookie she tried to give me.

I can do the same with Coke/Pepsi or any other test like that where people think the differences are undeterminable.