• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Apparently the guy who went throw the taco bell was an old dude who was pulling out of a spot, panicked, threw it in drive and floored it. He never had control and went right through. He actually ended up trapping two under the car, one was taking out breathing and in bad condition, but nothing critical. She was flown to Honnemonn Hospital. The other, who was listed as critical, was flown to UPenn and there's no update on condition yet. The old man and his passenger were okay and only sustained minor injuries. Crazy stuff.

Apparently the guy who went throw the taco bell was an old dude who was pulling out of a spot, panicked, threw it in drive and floored it. He never had control and went right through. He actually ended up trapping two under the car, one was taking out breathing and in bad condition, but nothing critical. She was flown to Honnemonn Hospital. The other, who was listed as critical, was flown to UPenn and there's no update on condition yet. The old man and his passenger were okay and only sustained minor injuries. Crazy stuff.

who panics pulling out of a parking spot? did he steal a burrito and the taco police started chasing him? prayers to those injured.

Sorry, wrote that out pretty quick and omitted an important detail, lol. He apparently rear ended someone as he was pulling out, which caused the panic.

after rear ending someone while backing out of a spot doing 2 mph doesn't make you panic enough to throw the car in drive and floor it. after a certain age, they should have to take a series of difficult driving tests in an open lot every 6 months.

after rear ending someone while backing out of a spot doing 2 mph doesn't make you panic enough to throw the car in drive and floor it. after a certain age, they should have to take a series of difficult driving tests in an open lot every 6 months.

Yeah I tend to agree. My pop and I were coming home from school when I was 13 and we were going west bound on a 2 lane major road that had traffic backed up going east. Someone stops for an old lade at an intersection to let her come out, assuming she'd inch her way out and look for cars. She takes it as, "no one's coming I got my shot!" and accelerates out quickly, hitting our 97 dodge caravan (a bigass fucking van) with an accelerated force of around 90mph (obviously she wasn't doing 90, but that's the sort of force it put on the car). Caught us in the left front quarter panel, just barely missed hitting my dads door side (thank God), put us on our 2 right wheels and a lane's width over in what was luckily an open area. We were about half a care length away from trees, and there was one that was directly in front of us when we came back to two wheels that we luckily were able to stop before hitting. Front axle was completely off, the entire left side was destroyed, somehow the frame didn't split or crack and it wasn't totaled. I felt bad, but that lady lost her license, and honestly, she shouldn't have been driving if she wasn't able to comprehend that situation. It sounds like it's a similar situation with this guy. They said he was extremely dazed after being pulled out and it sounds like he has some form of dimentia.

Here's a pic from ground level. Seriously, PI and I sit in that spot all the time, fucking WEIRD.

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wpvi/cms_exf_2007/news/local/082411_ic_car_into_taco_bell_ground_1.jpg

And this is why it should be state mandate that all drivers re-take their road test every five years and all drivers over the age of 55 take it once every two years.

And this is why it should be state mandate that all drivers re-take their road test every five years and all drivers over the age of 55 take it once every two years.

They can't. Too many people would fail, they'd get no registration money! :rofl: