• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Yay Jules! :cheers:

Yeah, she's awaiting approval from one of the best rowing clubs in the country to join their ranks. If they agree, she moves to Philadelphia early October. Which is not only really good for her sports career, but brings her 1 timezone closer to me (easier to Skype and such) and there are daily and easy flights from Brussels and Amsterdam to Philly, which makes it cheaper and less of a hassle to see each other. Yay indeed! :)

How are you doing?

Yeah, she's awaiting approval from one of the best rowing clubs in the country to join their ranks. If they agree, she moves to Philadelphia early October. Which is not only really good for her sports career, but brings her 1 timezone closer to me (easier to Skype and such) and there are daily and easy flights from Brussels and Amsterdam to Philly, which makes it cheaper and less of a hassle to see each other. Yay indeed! :)

How are you doing?

I'm doing well, thanks. :) Getting kinda excited by Hurricane Irene. lol My son starts school in Sept. - a Junior!! Holy crap, I'm getting old! :D

Ouch, officially my last week in the US for a long time. Sucks it didn't work out with going to the East Coast, but my girlfriend is likely moving to the East Coast (Philly) by next month, so that creates opportunities in the future for sure. Just hoping to enjoy this last week without thinking too much about how long and busy the next 4 months will be.

Someone needs to get you a gig here full-time so we can get you in on a work visa.

Nice jules. Philly has a big rowing tradition and the ncaa regota here is one of the biggest in the country I believe.

Thomas Eakins was painting rowers back in the 1870s and the schuylkill river, bordered by fairmont park and the river drives, is one of the nicest rivers to row you will find. Very surreal when you realize there is a city around you.

Are you not going back to Wisconsin or did you just finish your term? I'm sure your girlfriend will enjoy it here of she's accepted, boathouse row is an amazing place and philly has a big German community, so it will in some ways be relatable (though you guys aren't German I'd assume it would definitely be similar as far as foods go and such).

Edited by Art Panarini

Settled in, quiet night. My roommate is a casual Isles fan but it's chill. Tomorrow will be a lot easier for me, though 75% of the students are moving in. Gotta hit up Wal-mart and get some food and beverage to actually have as opposed to bear cupboards.

Yeah dude, transfer and freshman all come on the first day. Tomorrow's going to be psychotic - if you want to actually get something at walmart better do it early.

Also, just a few bits of advice - if you want to drink in your room, it's noise that grabs attention - most RAs go with a "see no evil, speak no evil" policy. Keep it down and you're good.

Ouch, officially my last week in the US for a long time. Sucks it didn't work out with going to the East Coast, but my girlfriend is likely moving to the East Coast (Philly) by next month, so that creates opportunities in the future for sure. Just hoping to enjoy this last week without thinking too much about how long and busy the next 4 months will be.

90 mins from me. just sayin broski.

Are you not going back to Wisconsin or did you just finish your term? I'm sure your girlfriend will enjoy it here of she's accepted, boathouse row is an amazing place and philly has a big German community, so it will in some ways be relatable (though you guys aren't German I'd assume it would definitely be similar as far as foods go and such).

I was in Wisco last fall semester, went back home in January and I still need 18 months til the end of grad school. My girlfriend however just graduated from Wisco, but she's American anyway and we are doing the long-distance thing.

And what Phil says is right, I need a full-time gig as soon as I'm out of school so I can permanently move to the US. Won't be easy, but we'll see when time comes.