• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The General NFL Talk Thread

Shane Falco

2 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Apparently their is still a way for the Dolphins to knock out the Patriots.  😮.  HIGHLY UNLIKELY BUT POSSIBLE.

Bills have to beat the Pats this week.  Pats would be 9-6

Dolphins have to win the next 2 (@ NO, @ TENN), Dolphins would be 9-7, gonna guess the Pats would be 10-6 at this point (W vs. Jags)

Then it comes down to week 18, Pats @ Dolphins, 10-6 Pats vs. 9-7 Dolphins, Dolphins W, both teams tied, Dolphins win the tiebreaker for beating the Pats twice this season.  

Now on the flip side, as a football fan, I would like to see a Bucs/Pats Super Bowl.  

Blue, I love your optimism, my man!!!  I would hope the same for the Raiders, but in order for us to make it we would have to beat a few teams with a pretty full roster of starters.....unlike yesterday!!!  I don't think we have enough in the tank!  I hope it fares better for your Fish!! 

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Blue, I love your optimism, my man!!!  I would hope the same for the Raiders, but in order for us to make it we would have to beat a few teams with a pretty full roster of starters.....unlike yesterday!!!  I don't think we have enough in the tank!  I hope it fares better for your Fish!! 

See I'm not optimistic at all though, great they won 7 in a row, but I see them now losing 3 in a row....This is the greatest tease of all teases.  Beat the Pats week 1, lose 7 straight, win 6 straight, now end the season with a 3 game losing streak.  

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

See I'm not optimistic at all though, great they won 7 in a row, but I see them now losing 3 in a row....This is the greatest tease of all teases.  Beat the Pats week 1, lose 7 straight, win 6 straight, now end the season with a 3 game losing streak.  

You came this far, dude...now you have to take it the rest of the way! 

Meanwhile I am waiting for the most Vikings of all things to happen: "Have a Win and In" Scenario for week 18 at home against the Bears and then just lose that game.

@OzzyYou're welcome. they are totally clueless about Kickers here, new one every year and they all start sucking once they arrive.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, H-Dreamer said:

Meanwhile I am waiting for the most Vikings of all things to happen: "Have a Win and In" Scenario for week 18 at home against the Bears and then just lose that game.

@OzzyYou're welcome. they are totally clueless about Kickers here, new one every year and they all start sucking once they arrive.

It would be great to have someone's team to root for in the playoffs!  I'm pulling for ya, man!!! 

3 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Might have to jump on the Chiefs bandwagon again, though that's probably a tougher sale for you. 😄

Bracing for worst case in the NFC, a Packers/Cowboys Championship game.....

56 minutes ago, Mess11 said:

Ugh! No Chiefs fan please.  

Yeah, going with Mess...we don't do the Chiefs, Dreamer!  LOL

Western conference thing!!  It'd be like you rooting for the Packers!  😉

• Cheers 1

People were speculating that they took AB out because he was nearing his incentives and they'd have to pay him more. If that's the case, fuck them. But, that man needs help. He's always been...interesting, but never the same after that Burfict hit years ago. It's a CTE issue methinks.

8 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Antonio Brown doing Antonio Brown things.

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

Please never change Antonio lol 

7 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

The guy is a fucking 8 year old mentally.  Such a dick move....

It sounds like he was a few catches away from a $300,000 bonus so they took him out so they wouldn't have to pay him. If that's indeed true, that's a dick move by Tampa Bay. AB has problems, yes, but that's a shitty way to part ways with a player. Again, I think he suffers from serious CTE and just needs help. He's had Brady (twice) and Belichick and couldn't even get that right. He was a relatively good solider last season and got a ring out of it, but this whole thing is a mess.

5 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

LOL Well, if that's the case, good grief.

Apparently AB said his ankles hurt, he had been on the Injury Report with ankle issues, but Coaches didn't believe him during the game. tbh they should have cut him for the fake vaccination card and spared everyone this additional embarassement. They clearly didn't trust him anymore, so why bother?