• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The General NFL Talk Thread

Shane Falco

On 9/20/2021 at 3:52 PM, G1000 said:

Miami is shockingly awful in these first few games - even worse now that Tua is hurt.

Its the offensive line that is BAD!  Dolphins had the game in the bag vs. the Raiders until the dumbest f'n play I have ever seen besides the butt fumble.  Who the F throws a screen pass in the end zone?  That swung the game the Raiders way, until the Dolphins made a valiant effort back late in the 4th quarter to get the game into OT.   

Im headed down to Miami on Friday for the weekend, going to the game on Sunday and I'm disappointed that I have to watch Brissett sling the pigskin for 4 quarters.  Had my Tua shirsey packed and ready to go weeks ago, now switching it up to a Marino throwback shirsey.  

• Phil unpinned this topic
On 9/29/2021 at 6:19 PM, Blue Heaven said:

Its the offensive line that is BAD!  Dolphins had the game in the bag vs. the Raiders until the dumbest f'n play I have ever seen besides the butt fumble.  Who the F throws a screen pass in the end zone?  That swung the game the Raiders way, until the Dolphins made a valiant effort back late in the 4th quarter to get the game into OT.   

Im headed down to Miami on Friday for the weekend, going to the game on Sunday and I'm disappointed that I have to watch Brissett sling the pigskin for 4 quarters.  Had my Tua shirsey packed and ready to go weeks ago, now switching it up to a Marino throwback shirsey.  

I wouldnt call what I watched on Sunday Brissett slinging the pigskin.  After the 1st possession the Dolphins forgot how to play football until about 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  

Now onto getting a covid test tomorrow to make sure I didnt catch something from laying at the Fontainbleau pool and having some dude a few feet away from me giving my wife and I a bible lesson or from the Dolphins game

So my Vikings are 1-3, yet people keep telling me how easily they could have been 4-0 instead with a bit more luck and better Refs.

Bit of a stretch to me, yes bad call doomed them against the Bengals, but bad Kicking is just Vikings being Vikings and Browns had full control of the game and if Baker Mayfield was a good QB they would have blown us out.

If bad luck keeps happening you might just not be a good enough team.

19 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

So my Vikings are 1-3, yet people keep telling me how easily they could have been 4-0 instead with a bit more luck and better Refs.

Bit of a stretch to me, yes bad call doomed them against the Bengals, but bad Kicking is just Vikings being Vikings and Browns had full control of the game and if Baker Mayfield was a good QB they would have blown us out.

If bad luck keeps happening you might just not be a good enough team.

Hang in there Dreamer, we're gonna take care of those Bears for you this weekend! 

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Hang in there Dreamer, we're gonna take care of those Bears for you this weekend! 

Oh I am hanging on alright as always. In the end NFL is much easier than european football, no relegation. ?

Still, I am very much done with Mike Zimmer as HeadCoach, he's not a bad Coach, but I think the team needs something new.

15 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Oh I am hanging on alright as always. In the end NFL is much easier than european football, no relegation. ?

Still, I am very much done with Mike Zimmer as HeadCoach, he's not a bad Coach, but I think the team needs something new.

I thought Zimmer might have a good breakthrough with the Vikes.  He was a pretty good Defensive Coordinator with Cincy, but I guess that's not always going to make him a lock for a good head coach.

You guys have a nice "get well" game against your buddies in Detroit this weekend so maybe you can get on a little confidence roll beating the crap outta them!  I'll send some good vibes the Vikes way this Sunday for ya! 

Britney Spears Yes GIF

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I thought Zimmer might have a good breakthrough with the Vikes.  He was a pretty good Defensive Coordinator with Cincy, but I guess that's not always going to make him a lock for a good head coach.

You guys have a nice "get well" game against your buddies in Detroit this weekend so maybe you can get on a little confidence roll beating the crap outta them!  I'll send some good vibes the Vikes way this Sunday for ya! 

Britney Spears Yes GIF

I think the issue was that we just hadn't the players when Zimmer was at the top of his game, even when we made the Championship Game in 2017 it was by catching lightning in a bottle with Case Keenum instead of any sustained building effort. Doesn't help that we have had a new OC basically every year over the past 5 years, because they either get picked up as Head Coach by other teams or just suck. (or in case of Pat Shurmur both)

By now the book is out on his tricks and there constantly being 2-4 games each season where the team looks totally unprepared is getting damn annoying. Let's also not talk about our CB situation despite Zimmer allegedly being great at developing those and several 1st Rounders wasted on CBs.

5 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Vikings beat the Lions, but it wasn't pretty. Almost chocked it away, for once Cousins and the Kicker bailed out Mike Zimmer and his damn timid play calling.

A win is a win...My fucking Raiders blew one at home against the Bears.  At least you got one in the "W" column, Dreamer!

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

A win is a win...My fucking Raiders blew one at home against the Bears.  At least you got one in the "W" column, Dreamer!

It just doesn't build confidence, especially when you just know that the Lions gutsy call to go for 2 at the end was the only reason Zimmer allowed them to go for a FG in Regulation with 33 Seconds on the clock. Had they just kicked the Extra point, he would have played for OT and I'm so tired of that. (end of first half the Vikings had the Ball with 37 seconds on the clock and he just ran out the remaining time)

Justin Jefferson ran circles around the Lions in the 1st half, then they barely used him in the 2nd. Thielen had his only catch on the last drive.

6 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Considering the last 2 games it was probably goinbg nowhere fast anyway. In any case, majority of Raiders Fans I see online, seem to be happy he's gone.

I always liked him, and I thought we were looking pretty good the first 3 games.  But as always in Raiderville, the shit hits the fan in one way or another!  This team is it's own worst enemy sometimes.