• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The General NFL Talk Thread

Shane Falco

4 hours ago, Mess11 said:

Another odd week .  Carr helping the Raiders checkout early again. Screwing up any trade value. 

3 hours ago, Mess11 said:

More Raider fans turning their back to Carr each week.  

...turning into a dumpster fire with us!  Too much shit going on, and Carr has been pretty bad lately

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

I honestly think he hasn't been the same since his injury all those years ago, thus forcing the Raiders to start Connor "blanking" Cook in a playoff game, and the Raiders haven't been to the playoffs since. 

This is very likely true. But it's apparent this isn't what he wants.  His calling is to stand behind a pulpit.  Which is fine, but just go do it. 

4 minutes ago, Mess11 said:

I'd rather have a narcissistic ahole like Rodgers. 

Yes, I'm a very disgruntled Raider fan also.

Been a fan since '75 when the Snake was the man!!!  This team has no defense, no balls, and no brains.  Waller is outrageous, and I feel bad for him.

• Applause 1

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Been a fan since '75 when the Snake was the man!!!  This team has no defense, no balls, and no brains.  Waller is outrageous, and I feel bad for him.

That just about the time 2 uncles of mine started taking me to Arrowhead annually. 

The team in '76 was absolutely viscous. 

I never thought Plunkett would turn out to be as good as he was.  The guy's story is amazing!  That '83 team's Defense was airtight as well with Lester Hayes and Mike Davis back there.

That Marcus Allen guy was pretty good too!

• TroCheckmark 1

16 hours ago, Mess11 said:

At about 0:50 in the video. Russ Francis getting his nose broken by Atkinson forearm.  We did have issue covering TE back then 😉  Kelce wouldn't be who he thinks he is back then.

Yeah man, it was a different game back then! 

I still think we may need to address the Carr situation;  I'm not positive, but I think his contract is up after next season, and there has been no talk of an extension.  ....yet, anyway.

Oakland Raiders

Second Round: 36th Pick

NFL Comparison: Jay Cutler, QB, Chicago Bears

Negatives

•Footwork needs improvement; he often retreats from pressure and throws off his back foot. Needs to step into his throws more consistently.

•Poor decision-making under duress.

•Average pocket presence with wavering poise and unrefined pocket movement.

•Stares down his intended target. He needs to improve eye discipline.

•Too often appears to be flustered by pressure. Can be quick to flee the pocket.

•Inconsistent mechanics, has a tendency to lock his lower half and throw with his arm alone.

•Struggles when his receivers’ routes are disrupted.

•Often late to recognize the blitz.

•Operated almost exclusively out of shotgun with four or five receiver sets.

•Not an anticipatory thrower.

•Will not hurt defenses on the ground. He has enough mobility to get by but is not much of a running threat.

•Hangs his receivers out to dry at times.

•Does not appear to see the field very well, throwing into double-teams occasionally.

•Struggled with top competition.

•College career ended on a lousy note as he was erratic vs. USC in the Las Vegas Bowl.

Reminded me of the days when Seabass had to win games for us.  Ie..... winning 18 to 12 because he had to hit 6 field goals. Because the offense was enormously shit.  This wasn't quite like that but Carlson got a good workout.  

Edited by Mess11