• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The General NFL Talk Thread

Shane Falco

5 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Well it's a bye next week, then the tough stretch begins.

Dallas, @Ravens,  @Chargers, Packers  

If they are still at .500 after that I might consider being more optimistic. ?

Ahhh ok...yeah well, good time for a bye week.  Heal up some nagging injuries and come back for those teams a little refreshed.   That's a tough run ahead, but hang in there my brutha!!

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That bobbled, crazy catch!  Ugh!!  I thought you guys had them!

Never underestimate the Vikings ability to choke, even with Ref support.

Some of the reasons for that, someone else said it well on Daily Norseman

"I used to be a huge Zimmer fan, especially after we got rid of Leslie Frazier. What I didn't realize is that he began a culture of nepotism that has been destroying this team since he stepped in the door. He immediately hired his own son to coach LBs and brought in Norv Turner who, of course, brought his own son Scott. Andre Patterson got his son hired as well. Then things fell apart with Norv and Gary Kubiak came in after a while, bringing with him a son and a few close friends. Then Zimmer hired a few buddies as well.

For the past eight years, Zimmer has been surrounding himself with people he can't fire. This is the problem with nepotism. 

Right now there are only seven defensive staff members and four of them are assistants. Zimmer couldn't embarrass his son or Patterson by elevating one or the other so they share the Defensive Coordinator title, one of the weirdest arrangements in the NFL that clearly isn't working. Who is in charge?

Zimmer seems to think his job is centered on keeping family and friends employed and gaining experience, as opposed to finding the best staff for each position to help win games. 

Firing him now will not be a good solution. His failure is too deep. There isn't one assistant that could effectively step in and turn the team around this year. Zimmer Jr? No. Kubiak? No. Dennison? Guenther? Yikes. "

15 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

We won one, not entirely sure how, for a long time it felt like the same game again, but for once they called an aggressive final drive and actually finished the Chargers off, without trying to rely on the Defense.

That's a big win for you guys, Dreamer!!  Nice job man!!!

We got fucking mauled.  The Raiders have been through too much shit this season and I think it's just about to hit a brick shit house.  Between the Gruden Bullshit, Ruggs being a jerk off, and now Arnette showing the world that he's a fucking idiot....nah, this dumpster fire is about to set sail....we're headed for 8-9 if we're lucky.

Just now, H-Dreamer said:

Yh, Raiders seem to fall apart now, tbh it would probably have happened without the Gruden shit as well. Just like it seem to happen every season.

I hope they figure out where we're going after Derrick Carr.  I don't think Gruden was fond of him, and I'm seeing why now.  He looked like the back of my ballsack last night, chucking up prayers, and basically playing like shit!  I've seen enough of him....Id bet we'd fare better with Mariotta in there.

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I hope they figure out where we're going after Derrick Carr.  I don't think Gruden was fond of him, and I'm seeing why now.  He looked like the back of my ballsack last night, chucking up prayers, and basically playing like shit!  I've seen enough of him....Id bet we'd fare better with Mariotta in there.

I think Carr is the classix example of what happens when a QB is surrounded by bad teams for too long. Same as his brother actually.

• Cheers 1

What a game against the Packers today, they really tried to kill me. lol

Cousins should probably have had 3 INTs, but was lucky every time. Last but not least on the Gamewinning Drive.

Still, this was probably the best game the Vikings played this season (and they still almost blew it lol), Defense just isn't what it once was. This is a team that wins with its Offense now.

• TroCheckmark 1

2 hours ago, Mess11 said:

More Raider fans turning their back to Carr each week.  

I honestly think he hasn't been the same since his injury all those years ago, thus forcing the Raiders to start Connor "blanking" Cook in a playoff game, and the Raiders haven't been to the playoffs since.