• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The General NFL Talk Thread

Shane Falco

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

We were going to sit on the ball and take the tie until the Chargers called that stupid time out with 0:31 seconds left!

Blame San Diego!....errr the Chargers (I still call them San Diego!  I'm such a douche!!!) LOL

Collinsworth was calling that tie all game long!!! 

As a Steelers fan, I'm glad they did and think that taking a knee would have been a dick move by anyone.  Why would that be an option for any coach with a win on the line? 

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

As a Steelers fan, I'm glad they did and think that taking a knee would have been a dick move by anyone.  Why would that be an option for any coach with a win on the line? 

I wouldn't do it either, but if you think it's easier to take a knee than boot a 55 yarder (at the time), I guess they figure fuck it, and just take the knee for the tie.  It's a guaranteed playoff spot.

I'm glad they booted the FG too, I hate the fucking Chargers!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Mess11 said:

Probably a short journey.  Carr isnt good enough to keep up with AirBurrow and his three #1 wide outs.  We can rely on Carlson to win this one.

15 fantasy points from the kicker. 😉

The lack of the ability to blitz, and put pressure on Burrow may end up being fatal.  Maxx does an awful lot, but has very little to no help up front.

I'm just glad they got in for the first time in ages...matter of fact, Carr has yet to play an NFL playoff game in his career.  He had the broken ankle last time we made it in.  We have some work to do, but we made some good progress this season. 

For next season, I hope they address that offensive line, add a serious pass rushing player, either a LB or DE/DT opposite Maxx, and I really would like to see if we could find an upgrade to Carr.  We have a lot of money to work with this off season, so what the hell, why not go get a few pieces?

28 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The lack of the ability to blitz, and put pressure on Burrow may end up being fatal.  Maxx does an awful lot, but has very little to no help up front.

I'm just glad they got in for the first time in ages...matter of fact, Carr has yet to play an NFL playoff game in his career.  He had the broken ankle last time we made it in.  We have some work to do, but we made some good progress this season. 

For next season, I hope they address that offensive line, add a serious pass rushing player, either a LB or DE/DT opposite Maxx, and I really would like to see if we could find an upgrade to Carr.  We have a lot of money to work with this off season, so what the hell, why not go get a few pieces?

From what I watched last night the Raiders offense is dangerous as is. That D though. It was like they gave up points every other drive.. 

You never know in the playoffs.  The NFL is more set in stone and you can figure out who's going to get far, but there have been some upsets. I'd say the Raiders have a better shot of getting out of the first round than the Steelers. Then again the Cinderella story may continue. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

From what I watched last night the Raiders offense is dangerous as is. That D though. It was like they gave up points every other drive.. 

You never know in the playoffs.  The NFL is more set in stone and you can figure out who's going to get far, but there have been some upsets. I'd say the Raiders have a better shot of getting out of the first round than the Steelers. Then again the Cinderella story may continue. 

It's not so much the defense as a whole, Dude man....it's that they lack the ability to pressure a QB.  They hardly ever blitz!  ...Like never!!!  They sit back in that Cover 3 and make a QB check down, pretty much all game. 

If they could get more pressure on a QB or keep them more honest with a blitz more often, Id bet they'd have better results...But then again, what the hell do I know!!!  LOL

I guess that's what I'd like to see!

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

It's not so much the defense as a whole, Dude man....it's that they lack the ability to pressure a QB.  They hardly ever blitz!  ...Like never!!!  They sit back in that Cover 3 and make a QB check down, pretty much all game. 

If they could get more pressure on a QB or keep them more honest with a blitz more often, Id bet they'd have better results...But then again, what the hell do I know!!!  LOL

I guess that's what I'd like to see!

Being a Steelers fan for 40 years.  I wouldn't know what that's like. LOL. I'm sure the Raiders can poach someone's pass rusher. You douches took Joey Porter from the Steelers years ago. I feel like they took others in the past as well (besides Rod Woodson).

Good luck. Maybe we can root against eachother in one of the following rounds. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Being a Steelers fan for 40 years.  I wouldn't know what that's like. LOL. I'm sure the Raiders can poach someone's pass rusher. You douches took Joey Porter from the Steelers years ago. I feel like they took others in the past as well (besides Rod Woodson).

Good luck. Maybe we can root against each other in one of the following rounds. 

I would welcome that chance!!!  Best of luck with Big Ben and the boys, Dude!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

That was the biggest concern when Bradley signed on, his unwillingness to blitz. Bolts fan didn't seem overly concerned when he left.  The D at times did well this season, holding teams to less than 20 pts. The wheels fell off last night though.

1 hour ago, Mess11 said:

That was the biggest concern when Bradley signed on, his unwillingness to blitz. Bolts fan didn't seem overly concerned when he left.  The D at times did well this season, holding teams to less than 20 pts. The wheels fell off last night though.

If you have a QB that's patient and has no problem checking down, you can eat that cover 3 for lunch.  It could give young inexperienced QB's trouble though, if they try to force it.  I'm curious to see how Burrow handles it.  Something tells me he's a lot more advanced though, and he could go nuts Saturday!

Edited by Ozzy

I am just glad the Zimmer era is over, he wasn't always bad and I don't think he's a bad Coach.

He could be a great DC somewhere else. Team just needed a fresh start with new ideas from outside the organisation.

Spielman I didn't mind as much, but dude didn't manage to create a good O-Line in 10 years and then there's the Cousins contract...

We were supposed to go to a bills party for the game 

I don't care about football but upstate is completely different different when the Bills are doing well.

They have to be one of the biggest bandwagon teams in all sports 

7 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

and we have the Refs blowing a play dead, but still counting the TD for the Bengals, I mean that play should count since Burrows was in bounds, but if they thought he wasn't and blew it dead....

Yeah that was a huge miss by the referees. Criminal actually. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Hard fight by the Raiders, wasn't enough but nothing to be ashamed of. I don't think many people saw this game being this close.

The Raiders were 28th in converting Red Zone Tds and a few seasons before this one.  

When you rely on your Kicker to win games for you. You get burnt. 

The team relied on bad luck of other teams to get in.  28th in RZ usually is the recipe for an early off season. 

Edited by Mess11