• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The General NFL Talk Thread

Shane Falco

On 1/15/2022 at 6:04 PM, H-Dreamer said:

and we have the Refs blowing a play dead, but still counting the TD for the Bengals, I mean that play should count since Burrows was in bounds, but if they thought he wasn't and blew it dead....

On 1/15/2022 at 7:58 PM, H-Dreamer said:

Hard fight by the Raiders, wasn't enough but nothing to be ashamed of. I don't think many people saw this game being this close.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:40 PM, Blue Heaven said:

Terrible play by Carr on the last play of the game

I haven't heard the NFL statement on that "Phantom whistle" yet.  That was a terrible job by the officials.  I was proud that the Raiders stayed tough and made it a game right to the bitter end though.

No doubt Burrow was in bounds and made a fantastic pass for the TD, but the whistle seemed to make everyone pause, and then they call it a TD.  Yeah, that's just a horrible job by the officials there. 

Carr throwing into double coverage at the end there, short of the goal line...yup...Derrick Carr...that's him!  I really hope the Raiders look to make an upgrade at QB this off season.  Carr's been good...not great, and I don't think he's the guy that's going to take us to the next level.

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I haven't heard the NFL statement on that "Phantom whistle" yet.  That was a terrible job by the officials.  I was proud that the Raiders stayed tough and made it a game right to the bitter end though.

No doubt Burrow was in bounds and made a fantastic pass for the TD, but the whistle seemed to make everyone pause, and then they call it a TD.  Yeah, that's just a horrible job by the officials there. 

Carr throwing into double coverage at the end there, short of the goal line...yup...Derrick Carr...that's him!  I really hope the Raiders look to make an upgrade at QB this off season.  Carr's been good...not great, and I don't think he's the guy that's going to take us to the next level.

Referees bsolutely botch3d that and it affected the whole game. I don’t see how you ignore the whistle like that. Inadvertent or not. Play is automatically dead. Can’t just make up new “non rules” like that.

I kinda was hoping Pitt pulled out a miracle tonight but it didn’t happen. I don’t lik3 the Steelers but tough way to end a career like that for Ben. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The NFL Statement was "Those Refs won't get another game in the Playoffs", but haven't seen anything more detailed yet.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

This is going to be the next 'tuck rule' situation where we hear about this from Raiders fans for the next 20 years. They have a legitimate beef this time, though.

I'm not even questioning the play, Sharpy.  It was a great roll out, and throw by Burrow....an absolutely great play, that had nothing to do with the Bengals or anything like that.

But when a ref blows the play dead, that's a totally different story. 

Even the slightest hesitation by a DB and that pass is complete and a TD.  Now I'm not saying that was that outcome before the whistle, but who knows.  The fact is that they totally swept it under the rug, like it never happened and we end up losing by a touchdown.

Not only that, but if that pass is incomplete, then we don't have to score a TD on our last drive, we kick the FG and take it to OT.

It's just another black-eye for the NFL officiating this season.  It's unfortunate too, because a lot of the crews are pretty good, but there are another lot of them that are flag-happy and just outright stink.

Overall it was a good season for us, especially in the face of what we endured this year.  I wish the Bengals success going forward and hope to see Burrow continue his good play.  We'll be back next season, and make some more noise!  

Saluting James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Edited by Ozzy

8 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Oh, I know you're not questioning it. It was a terrible call. But, I just meant this will be a part of the annals for the Raiders along with the tuck rule. This one was far worse, though. 

We're always seemingly part of some controversy!!  LOL