• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So do You Play Rempe Game 2?

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Yes, because he didn't have Wennberg and Roslovic to push guys down the lineup. Now, he shouldn't have to. Brodzinski was a 3rd liner for half the year, but now he can't be a regular 4th liner for a few games on the road? I don't buy that.

Yes the Canes played 9 forwards last night. I'm not talking about the Canes and I'm not talking about last night. Rempe playing 4 minutes a games is a big enough issue in a 60 minute game, it's even worse when he sits in a 2OT game after period 2.

Brozinski was a 3rd liner in the same way Wheeler was a 1st liner and Bonino was a 3rd liner for awhile.

Not saying that Brodz doesn't put his best effort out there every shift because he does but he's a very good AHL player and there is no way he doesn't get exposed by the 'Canes at some point.

It's not like Chytil would be a rallying/inspiration point IF he's healthy and ready to go. Big IF. A guy who could bring offense to the 3rd line.

4 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chytil could die on the ice, and that wouldn't be the best for the vibe

He's skating now without difficulty.  However he went down with concussions at least 3 times this season (assuming the workout collapse was that).

If you have to use him and he wants to go it's probably ok to use him.  If you don't have to use him then next fall is a great time for his next appearance.

27 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Why I said IF.

Trouba could of broken his own neck last night too.  

I think Rempe will have a role with this team going forward, I think his value at this point is being way overblown especially when it comes to his teammates.  In my opinion Chytil returning would bring the same value/energy in the room to them especially based on what he came back from. And no not Wheeler, he stinks. He can fill the fluffer role the rest of his time here.

• Believe 1

44 minutes ago, Dunny said:

My biggest fear. Not literally, but him getting another concussion and ending up carried off the ice, and all of a sudden all the good vibes deflate like a whoopee cushion fart.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

Brozinski was a 3rd liner in the same way Wheeler was a 1st liner and Bonino was a 3rd liner for awhile.

Not saying that Brodz doesn't put his best effort out there every shift because he does but he's a very good AHL player and there is no way he doesn't get exposed by the 'Canes at some point.

You just described Rempe, who's much worse at hockey than Brodz. 

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

It's really not an issue at all, let alone a big issue.

Exactly. So why are people losing their minds if a guy who plays four minutes gets swapped out?

7 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Because it's an entertainment product

Sure, and it was great for a Tuesday night game in early March against Ottawa. 

But now we're down to business. 

Posted (edited)

I hate to tinker with what's working, but personally, I sit him. Obviously I'd rather see Chyts come back, slot him into the 3rd line and drop Wennberg to center the 4th. I have some reservations that he slides in seamlessly, considering how long he's been off, but all indications are that he's been participating 100% in practice for a month now, so I have to feel he has a sense of the Lavi game plan. If he's not ready to go, I think Brodz centering the 4th works out ok as well. He centered the 4th for a few games at the end of the season, and that line was buzzing. It gives them a little more speed, and if I remember correctly, that's when Goodrow started producing by playing on the wing. 

And please keep in mind, I absolutely LOVE Rempe. I just think I'd rather be able to roll all 4 lines without hesitation and not make someone double shift late in these games. I want these guys fresh, the playoffs are only going to get harder as we go.

Edited by RangerDanger

Rempe is the Ranger's backbone at this point.  It's what they've been missing the last couple of years except from Trouba. 

Trouba wasn't even that effective because he didn't scare people and he wasn't a punishing fighter because he wasn't looking for fights.

When you're in a street fight you want to know you got heavy hitters with you.

Everybody else on the team is getting the benefit of knowing Rempe is right there and ready to go.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Yup. I can't find it now, but Rupp did an interview somewhat recently talking about "Rempemania" and how his presence makes guys feel two inches taller. That's real, even if you can't measure it with a boxcar.

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yup. I can't find it now, but Rupp did an interview somewhat recently talking about "Rempemania" and how his presence makes guys feel two inches taller. That's real, even if you can't measure it with a boxcar.

can you measure it with a ruler?