• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#80) Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers — Mika 5-goal Game Incoming

Just now, siddious said:

Drury outdid himself getting roslovic. It takes real talent to find someone who can disappear as well as his 2 line mates do most of the time. 

To be fair, Drury couldn't have done a better job finding a replacement for Blake Wheeler.

• LOL 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

Rangers D watching Karlsson tie up a blast for the games winner, shoot the fukcing puck on NET. Unfortunately Penguins have been on roll amd the Rangers start the down roll 

Pittsburgh looking like they won't be denied. Definitely would not want to play them in the postseason given it's three against one anytime you play the Penguins.

2 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

We will see.  Don’t remember much being done to Hathaway in past games, but my memory isn’t so great these days.  

So Goody tried. Wasn't pivotal to the game, really. 

But Rempe should have been in there just because he gets the crowd going and they needed that in a lackluster game. 

• VINNY! 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

That is true. A washed Wheeler was looking better, though. lol

Team speed was the issue with wheeler. 

he was slow to do nothing. Roslovic is pretty damn fast… to do nothing 

Just now, Pete said:

So Goody tried. Wasn't pivotal to the game, really. 

But Rempe should have been in there just because he gets the crowd going and they needed that in a lackluster game. 

12-2-1 when Rempe plays now 6-5 when he sits.  Brodzinski doesn’t bring enough to the lineup to play him over Rempe. 

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Team speed was the issue with wheeler. 

he was slow to do nothing. Roslovic is pretty damn fast… to do nothing 

Wheeler putting up points at a decent pace for awhile though despite the eroding skills and speed. Oh well. They have bigger problems right now. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dem said:

Panarin is a regular season prince and a post season pumpkin until proven otherwise. I really don't have any faith in him showing up post season until proven otherwise

Nah. He's all they got. Despite the box scores from last post season,  Panarin played playoff hockey. He had a lot of bad luck, posts and mad good saves that made it look worse than it was. That and sone bad giveaways. He seemed to be the only one that showed up last post season past game 2. 

He's the least of their worry. Zibanejads line continues to be a blackhole offensively at 5v5. The 79/8 pairing is disgustingly bad. Goaltending is back to being average or less. 

They're not playing North South again. 

Hopefully they can flip a switch and play within the system and do things right. This floating and shooting from bad angles and from 35 feet away, is not the game plan and it can't happen in the playoffs. 

Maybe Rempe is needed,  if only to show these pussies that a stripped down, simplistic, straight to the net effort is how you have to play. 

• Bullseye 2

Besides them playing like shit the Rangers might want to consider bringing Rempe back for several shifts for the last 2 games. He definitely brings a spark and teams know they pull any shit Lavy will send him to settle it. He’s great in front of the net and creates a huge obstacle for opposing goalies. Whenever he’s on the ice opposing teams alter their positions. For a kid who’s only 21 that’s quite an impact. In addition God forbid if someone goes down during the playoffs who are the Rangers going to call up? I understand the kid has things to work out I get it, he's proven he can play at this level. Overall, the Rangers need to skate better/execute better and I think bringing Rempe back for several shifts has a big effect on the opposing teams and overall elevates the Rangers team spirit. Hey it’s just my opinion.  
LGR!! 

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I feel like I just ate a load of bad Chinese food. I can forgive not quite having it on a given night. It's appearing not to care that I can't stomach. Hathaway should have left the ice missing a couple of limbs.

Edited by RodrigueGabriel
  • Applause 2

• Phil unpinned this topic

Credit to Philly for showing up after getting blown out.

But my lord what a pathetic showing by the Rangers. Kind of alarming.

Need less Gus and more Jones. Less Miller/Trouba. Less Roslovic, even Chytil rolling around in a big inflatable plastic bubble would be better. 

And kinda surprised Lavvy didn't mix anything up. Everyone was lazy tonight. 

• Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

12-2-1 when Rempe plays now 6-5 when he sits.  Brodzinski doesn’t bring enough to the lineup to play him over Rempe. 

That might say a lot more about how -Brodzinski > +Rempe 🤣 

• LOL 2

Just now, Art20c said:

Every fucking no name goalie becomes Dryden playing against the Rangers. So much for 5 on 5 offense. 

I can’t remember one decent save he had to make. It ain’t the goalie. 

on the flip side I don’t blame quick for tonight but he wasn’t good either. 

12 minutes ago, siddious said:

I can’t remember one decent save he had to make. It ain’t the goalie. 

on the flip side I don’t blame quick for tonight but he wasn’t good either. 

I mean the Trocheck save was stellar and he made like 2 other deflection saves on that sequence. But agree he was otherwise untested. 

Was Quick really bad? Miller blew a tire, one off a stick, 2 semi-breakaways...I dunno.

Edited by Pete

Really unacceptable. I’m trying not to be too pessimistic but man…..

I guess all teams hit speed bumps (look at the top teams in the Atlantic in their last 10) but I really question this teams ability to battle in the playoffs. It’s a different animal. Hope the Rangers have another gear that they are saving for next week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Got to love the lack of effort and intensity with the playoffs right around the corner.   

They lose Saturday then they likely lose the division. Let’s see if they give a fuck. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Lose em now so we don't gotta in a week or so.....rather have em hit a skid now to save it for the dance. Let's go!!! Good on Torts to get his guys ready for a last chance push. Wish they won but not mad about it. These games literally mean nothing. Keep the Presidents trophy, I solely care about home ice regarding these last two games.

• Applause 1

I don't think I ever wanted to trade a pair of defenseman as badly as I do miller and trouba. Both are awful. I'd rather jones and anyone else back there. This team will be one and done with this weakness