• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#80) Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers — Mika 5-goal Game Incoming

17 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

They peaked too early. This team is toast.

I guess this is what happens when you clinch a top spot too early and don't really need to play with desperation anymore.

The Flyers were due, but this is still very bad. The red flag will officially go up for me if they lay another egg against the Islanders on Saturday, especially coming off what occurred that game. If they have no response to that, then shameful.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

They can’t jump on anyone. Every team in the playoffs is gonna be hungry. They are such slow starters.

We are getting to see playoff hockey due to playing teams on the bubble and NYR can't even fucking compete. Disgraceful 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

The Flyers were due, but this is still very bad. The red flag will officially go up for me if they lay another egg against the Islanders on Saturday, especially coming off what occurred that game. If they have no response to that, then shameful.

Right there with you.

1 minute ago, Karan said:

I guess this is what happens when you clinch a top spot too early and don't really need to play with desperation anymore.

Definitely can get lackadaisical. It's why sometimes teams that just sneak in can perform better, because they've been playing playoff hockey essentially beforehand just trying to get in.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, ausman said:

I’m less concerned about the loss than I am about the Rangers not bloodying a Flyer or two.

I wasn’t concerned Tuesday.

I am now.

This is back to back stinkjobs. Yeah, we owned 40 minutes of that game. But we couldn’t get to the middle. Similar here. They look like the perimeter team they were last year.

I cannot stress how vital it is to finish 1 in the East. And they are fumbling it against teams that they should be beating. Just really bad right now.

• Like 2
  • VINNY! 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Expect it. We have multiple data points on the chart n we are spiraling downward. So fucking disappointed.

Sam and Joe need to take a nap.  The Flyers aren't winning the Rangers are losing.  I don't know why Laviolette is playing some of these guys - he should put his healthy scratches on the ice for the last games.  I think they want to win and prove their worth

2 minutes ago, Karan said:

But they didn’t clinch a top spot too early, they can still come in 2nd in the division, and drop 4th in the conference leaving the door open for being the road team in Round 2 and 3 if they get past the 1st round