• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #79] Rangers at New York Islanders — Playoff Party Poopers Pt. 1

21 minutes ago, Keirik said:

It was 100% deliberate. No defenseman in that game, in that time, in that situation doesn't know where Mika is. If he didn't, they both would have went down. Pelech plants himself and braces himself knowing contact is about to happen

He literally stood there with his stick waist height parallel to the ice with his elbow cocked out.  Yea, he stared the opposite direction down the ice, sure.  But he knew what he was doing.  Who the fuck ever stands there with their stick up off the ice and elbow cocked like that.  No one.  

Edited by SaveByRichter35
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Not buying the hit on Mika being intentional whatsoever. 

The hit on Tro should be a suspension, guy was 4 feet from the boards. 

But a PP with 7 seconds left doesn't mean much. 

• Bullseye 2
  • VINNY! 1

30 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Who is we? Lol 

Lol, Hank for one, @Pete, Vally in agreeing with Hank said something along the lines of "unless there's another angle".  @The Dude asked a good question earlier when he asked how did he (Mika) not see him there? Lol

• LOL 1

12 minutes ago, Scott said:

Lol, Hank for one, @Pete, Vally in agreeing with Hank said something along the lines of "unless there's another angle".  @The Dude asked a good question earlier when he asked how did he (Mika) not see him there? Lol

I didn't know you were the spokesperson for others. Plenty of people on social media see things differently. I'm not sure what the point of the we part is. 

carry on 

No mountain high enough to climb....except for tonight.

We come out of the gate like shit, and give these fucking hacks a 3-0 lead?  It looked like we were going to tie this thing up, but they actually had 35 blocks!!  That's crazy!!

I think Trouba still has to get his act together, and fast.  He hasn't even hit anyone since his return!  I thought he was Wheeler out there....only SLOWER!

...and here are the Top 17 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by UBS Arena, where all 3 Islander fans in attendance could be heard over the air, screaming all night on the broadcast.

10 hours ago, siddious said:

7-2 isles

cuylle and Rempe skate into each other and another earthquake hits NY

3 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Next goal…

decides if I go to bed. 4-0 and I’m done

3 hours ago, leetchy2 said:

Guess I'll go watch reruns of Hee Haw the rest if the night.

3 hours ago, Dem said:

Trouba needs electroshock therapy after that disaster of a play.

3 hours ago, yada said:

If trouba never shot the puck again id be happy

3 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Check the bench, pretty sure Gallant is behind it

3 hours ago, Karan said:

The fuck, did MSG place their ice level mics in one of the arena bathrooms? It sounds like a bunch of Islanders fans dry humping each other constantly. 

3 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

The absolute fucking king of "just the tip"

Ladies can't resist. Neither can nets.

2 hours ago, siddious said:

THE MAYO NEVER FAILS 

Sounds like what my wife says when I give her the best 3 mins of her week!

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

He'll be back in a week. At this point, I could watch him literally lose a foot on the ice and I'd expect him back on Tuesday.

Screw fell out of Lindgren knee. They put it back in and he’s good. 

2 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Trainers telling Lindgren he has a torn acl and he’s telling them to find the gorilla glue

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Pro tip for Joe, when the other team's goalie heads off, the penalty is on your team.

1 hour ago, VegasRanger said:

Sam about to call Shesty Georgiev

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Should've started Igor Quick.

1 hour ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I’m gonna’ get all of my losses out of my system tonight and go watch some METS. 

Just a bunch of bad bounces yet again.  I'm really curious to see how many times we've hit the post this season;  I'm sure we have to lead the league! Even though it sounds Butch Goring-ish, but holy fuck balls!!  The officiating seems just so inconsistent! 

Sam almost calling Igor "Alexandar" floored me!  Seriously, I love Sam!  He's such a doofus...simply classic stuff!

Our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @siddious Pete, who upon returning, notches his 7th victory of the year!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

The Zibanejad/Pelech thing was nothing. Totally incidental IMO. But I get what Lavi is trying to do here. We play Saturday. We may see this team down the road (they should hope they don’t). You know how this is going to go. Rempe is in Saturday. He’s trying to get the boys juiced IMO. Because the truth of the matter is this: if we play for 60 minutes against this Islanders team, we will run them out of MSG Saturday.

That was my first isles/rangers game in attendance and it was an amazing atmosphere.   Lets go ranger chants all night.   Too bad the score ended the way it did.

Hit at the end was a text book board.

Zibanejad looked accidental.   Refs been calling those as interference calls most of the year (personally i dont like these "pick" plays being called) but didnt call this one

3 minutes ago, yada said:

That was my first isles/rangers game in attendance and it was an amazing atmosphere.   Lets go ranger chants all night.   Too bad the score ended the way it did.

Hit at the end was a text book board.

Zibanejad looked accidental.   Refs been calling those as interference calls most of the year (personally i dont like these "pick" plays being called) but didnt call this one

Yep. Zibanejad/Pelech, I mean, I don’t get it all. Thankfully Mika seems okay.

But the board on Trocheck at the end is exactly why this league will be so much better when clowns like Wes McCauley and Kelly Sutherland are gone. Unlike MLB, who refuse to give games to idiots like Angel Hernandez in the postseason or World Series, it’s literally scary to know that these 2 will likely be calling (LOL) games in the playoffs and Finals. I mean, just horror shows with them. Just horror. ECHL level shit. Just funny that someone so stupid could be deciding an NHL teams fate come playoffs.

Edited by RichieNextel305

23 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yep. Zibanejad/Pelech, I mean, I don’t get it all. Thankfully Mika seems okay.

But the board on Trocheck at the end is exactly why this league will be so much better when clowns like Wes McCauley and Kelly Sutherland are gone. Unlike MLB, who refuse to give games to idiots like Angel Hernandez in the postseason or World Series, it’s literally scary to know that these 2 will likely be calling (LOL) games in the playoffs and Finals. I mean, just horror shows with them. Just horror. ECHL level shit. Just funny that someone so stupid could be deciding an NHL teams fate come playoffs.

Personally Sutherland and dan o rourke are the best referees in the business.   I dont like wes mccauley but i think hes improved.    

For bad refs id choose justin st pierre, brian pochmara, ghislain hebert, and francois st laurent.    

Refs with numbers in the 30s im not too familiar with (outside of pollack #33)

Here’s a beautiful scenario:

Thursday night, the Rangers have Philly coming in. A team that’s last legs look like they fell off on their way up to Canada for their game in Montreal last night. If we do what we have to do there on Thursday night, well then…

…on Saturday afternoon, on National TV, against the Islanders, the Rangers will be standing across the ice from a team they are now furious at, 1 point away from not only clinching the Metro but from also clinching 1st in the East. And, should Winnipeg beat Dallas tonight, the Presidents Trophy would also be clinched with a win in that situation too.

How do you like that painting?

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 1

41 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Definitely a pick play

I'm not even seeing a pick, TBH. 

Pelech has established position and owned that ice, didn't change lanes or even move.

Zibenajad decides to skate the width of the rink and never once glances in front of him? That's a terrible play.

And frankly, why would Pelech (of all people) intentionally headshot a player in the middle of the rink during the waning moments of a 1 goal game when the Rangers already had 2 power play goals and the Isles needed that win much more than the Rangers? This is not a guy who's wires cross.

All signs point to incidental. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Rangers have 3 more wins than Dallas but only a 1 point lead.  I hate the 1 point OT scenario.  If you lose, you lose

Not that it makes a diff with respect to Dallas, but in general 3v3 ot and shootout “wins” aren’t legitimate hockey wins either. Don’t like the cheesy winner point just as much as I don’t like the loser point…but I also hate the concept of ties too lol

Edited by BrooksBurner

23 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Not that it makes a diff with respect to Dallas, but in general 3v3 ot and shootout “wins” aren’t legitimate hockey wins either. Don’t like the cheesy winner point just as much as I don’t like the loser point…but I also hate the concept of ties too lol

maybe make reg wins 3 points?  Idk what the solution is

Other than when Dave Maloney,  Lundqvuist and Boyle are working, the MSG broadcasts are a dumpster fire. The 2 senile guys are rooting for the other team.  The defensive play of the game was Adam Pulock. They barely have any idea what's going on. We get the 1st period reading of the press notes and recounting of the imaginary conversations Sam had with the opposing coach that never happened. These guys have been collecting SSI for a while; they're fuckin' bald and gray, which is okay, it happens to everyone. But  hair architecture pretending otherwise is beyond ridiculous. Postgame,MSG2  cut to a tennis tournament while MSG the Ocho had an extended Isle postgame including Roy's postgame.

Lots of people whining about Valiquette, personally, no issue. Was better when they had Duguay, but Hank and Boyle are very good. But the play by play has to change. For fuck's sake, give the oldsters a nice sendoff and give us Dave Maloney and Kenny Albert next season and be done with this shit.  This current product sucks.

MSG has the best team in the NHL playing in their building  and treat them like an afterthought. MSG covers Knicks bowel movements and lunch orders exahaustively, Rangers treated like shelter dogs.  

Edited by Bugg