• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #79] Rangers at New York Islanders — Playoff Party Poopers Pt. 1

It’s not the end of word, just win the next three. Hard to win games when they don’t show up in the first period and too much passing around in the third. Just get ready for the next game, good night everyone….

There is a major problem with the quality of officials in this sport. Kelly Sutherland has been an idiot forever, has to answer to no one yet is awarded with fat paydays to work playoff and Finals games. I’m sorry, you can’t have someone this inept at their job deciding the fates of games with high stakes. That may be one of the worst misses of a board I have ever seen in my years of watching this sport. I’ll say it, the guys an absolute disgrace. I mean, really. Just hilarious. But don’t stress. Kelly will be back out there again. No slap on the wrist. No explanation. Just stupidity.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Team is good at coming back but you can’t expect to be able to do it every game.  The bad first period cost them this time.  Easier to play from ahead than behind, boys.  Lesson learned?

• Keeps it 100 1

It was still a good night. Boston lost. That game wasn’t a 3 point game. Win Thursday and our magic number to finish ahead of them is 1 and of Carolina is 2, maybe lower depending on what they do.

Brutal start. Absolutely dominated the last 40. That team was clinging onto life.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, knedragon said:

Anyone ! There’s a fight with good checks . That shit was brutal.

Yeah and with under 5 mins it's a suspension.  I don't think "Anyone" was on the ice. This isn't a team where there is more than one or two anyones Maybe Goodrow, Cullye and or Trouba and I would bet none of them were on the ice with ~ 15 seconds left.

On another front a totally different subject here is Mika's wrecking himself. Only posting it because it was brought up before.

1 minute ago, Scott said:

Yeah and with under 5 mins it's a suspension.  I don't think "Anyone" was on the ice. This isn't a team where there is more than one or two anyones Maybe Goodrow, Cullye and or Trouba and I would bet none of them were on the ice with ~ 15 seconds left.

On another front a totally different subject here is Mika's wrecking himself. Only posting it because it was brought up before.

How's he not see him standing there though? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It was still a good night. Boston lost. That game wasn’t a 3 point game. Win Thursday and our magic number to finish ahead of them is 1 and of Carolina is 2, maybe lower depending on what they do.

Brutal start. Absolutely dominated the last 40. That team was clinging onto life.

Carolina won't lose any of their remaining games. The Rangers need to win at least two of their last three games.

• Bullseye 1

Just now, The Dude said:

How's he not see him standing there though? 

🤷‍♂️

He made it back to the bench but didn't play.

Lavi steamed though saying it was intentional. I don't get it on the Mika play, the others sure.

• Keeps it 100 1

It was 100% deliberate. No defenseman in that game, in that time, in that situation doesn't know where Mika is. If he didn't, they both would have went down. Pelech plants himself and braces himself knowing contact is about to happen

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

It was 100% deliberate. No defenseman in that game, in that time, in that situation doesn't know where Mika is. If he didn't, they both would have went down. Pelech plants himself and braces himself knowing contact is about to happen

We disagree, is what it is. Not going to go back and forth.

I've been saying all along that Rempe needs to be on the bench if not in the game.  Lavi being angry, etc. is meaningless because he knows that the playoffs are vicious and the refs don't call penalties with any regularity.  The Rangers learned 2 things tonight: you can't start a game thinking you already won, especially against these desperate teams; and you have to play with a physical edge and presence that they don't have when Rempe is not in the lineup.   No whining now, just play the game hard through the end.