• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #78] Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens — Bleau, Blanc, Et Un Beaucoup de Rouge

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Sam and Joe having a rough night.

PA Announcer: Timeout Montreal

Joe: “Believe Montreal is challenging for offside here.”

At the garden i thought it was said on the PA challenge for offsides?

And the beat(ings) goes on!!!

We carried the play for the vast majority of this one, which could've easily been a 9-2 game with a little luck.  Another solid game by Igor, but what else is new there? 

Panarin continues to make history, and Kreider continues to make opposing goalies weep!

Here are the Top 15 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Our Cousin Vinny!  Congrats to Trocheck for winning a very well deserved and coveted prize!  What a season!!

11 hours ago, phillyb said:

Kreider was tripped, fuck off. 

10 hours ago, siddious said:

Piss in their poutine please 

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Start calling Kreider/Mika the "Liberal Line" because it's where right wing goes to die. 

3 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

That period was like when you and your sex mate get all undressed and set to go…then all of a sudden the front door opens and the kids come home unexpectedly. #letdown

3 hours ago, phillyb said:

Sam didn’t hear the post. Confirmed deaf in addition to being blind as a bat. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Kreider got man handled there. Woman handled too. Inclusiveness for all. 

2 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Until Sam repeats it for the 10th time, I don't believe you

2 hours ago, knedragon said:

Sam and Joe are gonna Blow Primeau shortly 

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Chris Kreider scored a powerplay goal?

Water is wet. 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

My man.! Mr one dimensionality!

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I swear, Kreider will be skating around with the cup over his head, and some of you will yell about his victory lap technique.

2 hours ago, Valriera said:

This game was over in the first period to be fair the scoreboard just didn’t know it yet

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Mika Zi5on5jad!

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

Montreal fans - steady diet of shit. Fuck off. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

This is just a special year and I'm glad to share it with a bunch of knuckleheads in GDTs 

LGR!

It was just a matter of time before we hit pay dirt against these fucking pukes.  I don't think anyone was worried about the outcome of this one!

And the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Pete!!  When it comes down to it, there's 3 categories in Jeopardy I don't know a blessed fucking thing about: Religion, Politics, and Literature.  Needless to say, even I got that one!

Let's dick-punch the Isles on Tuesday and bury their asses once and for good!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

14 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

What was the trivia question and answer?  Missed the entire game driving to Atlantic City

Nedved, Dvorak and Fleury.

I misread the question and thought it was asking the last 3 sets of teammates to pot 30 or more in a season. So I was extremely off with my guess. Lol.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

What was the trivia question and answer?  Missed the entire game driving to Atlantic City

They also switched it up and gave the answer in the 2nd period.  Guess they were running low on wrong things for Sam to say, so they pushed it up.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I don't think beating the number 15 team in the Conference (out of 16) represents a meaningful peak.

Oh come on you know I mean more than that lol

57 minutes ago, siddious said:

Oh come on you know I mean more than that lol

I know. But it's hard not to like the way they're playing from the perspective of getting to where Lav has said he wants to have them. The games vs NJD, DET, MON were just practice playing the right way. And the more it is ingrained as mental habit and muscle memory, the better off they'll be when it gets crazy. Lots of people have said that this team doesn't appear to have reached its potential and I agree, so I think of it as continued trending upward rather then a peak. 

14 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I know. But it's hard not to like the way they're playing from the perspective of getting to where Lav has said he wants to have them. The games vs NJD, DET, MON were just practice playing the right way. And the more it is ingrained as mental habit and muscle memory, the better off they'll be when it gets crazy. Lots of people have said that this team doesn't appear to have reached its potential and I agree, so I think of it as continued trending upward rather then a peak. 

I love the way theyre playing. I just wish all these wins were coming in the playoffs already. Look at boston last year as the most recent and honestly the easiest example of what I mean. Save some for the playoffs.

I'm looking to see them hit another gear in the playoffs.  I think there's a lot more "effort" they can give, especially when it comes to physical play.

Krieder plays full speed, and Zibby's shots find net instead of iron.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm looking to see them hit another gear in the playoffs.  I think there's a lot more "effort" they can give, especially when it comes to physical play.

Krieder plays full speed, and Zibby's shots find net instead of iron.

I feel like Zib and Tro switched bodies in the off season. 

12 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

I feel like Zib and Tro switched bodies in the off season. 

Zibby's been good, but he had to carry that whole line this season.  Roslovic is going to be very important, because it frees Zibby up to get loose in the offensive zone instead of cover for both wingers up and down the ice.

Add in the fact that Zibby has been pretty much making the rush from all 200 feet for much of the season.  Kreider is NOT a good puck handler, and is not a guy we want with the puck on his stick in the neutral zone.  Roslovic can do that, and also play a responsible 2-way game.  If Zibby's making the zone entry AND also having to find open ice, that's hard to do, exerting all that effort, only to have Krieder go to the front of the net, or have Wheeler lagging 5 seconds behind the play.

I just think there was a ton on his plate this year with the amount of "turtles" he's had to cover for.  I don't think it's any coincidence he's playing arguably his best hockey of the season since we acquired Roslovic.

But I wouldn't worry about any of that because I think Kreider saved a lot of it for the playoffs.  He's been there and done this many times before.  The regular season to him is probably a dress rehearsal, and I think we get the whole package come the post season.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Believe 1

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Zibby's been good, but he had to carry that whole line this season.  Roslovic is going to be very important, because it frees Zibby up to get loose in the offensive zone instead of cover for both wingers up and down the ice.

Add in the fact that Zibby has been pretty much making the rush from all 200 feet for much of the season.  Kreider is NOT a good puck handler, and is not a guy we want with the puck on his stick in the neutral zone.  Roslovic can do that, and also play a responsible 2-way game.  If Zibby's making the zone entry AND also having to find open ice, that's hard to do, exerting all that effort, only to have Krieder go to the front of the net, or have Wheeler lagging 5 seconds behind the play.

I just think there was a ton on his plate this year with the amount of "turtles" he's had to cover for.  I don't think it's any coincidence he's playing arguably his best hockey of the season since we acquired Roslovic.

But I wouldn't worry about any of that because I think Kreider saved a lot of it for the playoffs.  He's been there and done this many times before.  The regular season to him is probably a dress rehearsal, and I think we get the whole package come the post season.

I was thinking about this yesterday too. I'm wondering if Kreider's just at the point where he's like "I don't care about the 82, just the 16". His effort was noticeably better in the last few games too.

Still, what a fucking animal if that's the case. Nonchalantly scoring 38 goals? Cmon man!

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

16 minutes ago, siddious said:

I love the way theyre playing. I just wish all these wins were coming in the playoffs already. Look at boston last year as the most recent and honestly the easiest example of what I mean. Save some for the playoffs.

I don't think Boston really applies as an example. Last year's Bruins cruised seemingly effortlessly all year and then couldn't function without Bergeron or with a diminished Bergeron. The end result was more akin to what the Rangers did last year, except that they GOT Kane and then fell apart.

The Rangers haven't cruised effortlessly. They played through major injuries. They had a major slump and recovered. And perhaps most importantly, the failure against NJD last spring is still fresh enough to sting. If you think of these wins as somehow emptying the tank, I can see the worry. At least for these last 3, I don't feel like they have really had to exert that heavily. The system and the talent have delivered wins that are almost formulaic: hold them down as much as possible in the 1st and 2nd and then slit their throats in the 3rd. I don't want to see them let up in the name of conserving energy or success, I want them to play - and win - in the same controlled manner and continue to get better at it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I was thinking about this yesterday too. I'm wondering if Kreider's just at the point where he's like "I don't care about the 82, just the 16". His effort was noticeably better in the last few games too.

Still, what a fucking animal if that's the case. Nonchalantly scoring 38 goals? Cmon man!

You know he has more in the tank, G.  We've watched this guy his whole career, and I remember the days when he would run goalies and play like an escaped murderer on parole!

I expect him to take his game to another level, and you could probably add Trouba in with him.  These "veteran" players should have a good handle on when to turn on the afterburners. 

But yeah, the whole..."Oh by the way, here's another 40 goals, and I'm not even trying yet!"  LOL

4 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You know he has more in the tank, G.  We've watched this guy his whole career, and I remember the days when he would run goalies and play like an escaped murderer on parole!

I expect him to take his game to another level, and you could probably add Trouba in with him.  These "veteran" players should have a good handle on when to turn on the afterburners. 

But yeah, the whole..."Oh by the way, here's another 40 goals, and I'm not even trying yet!"  LOL

I expect Kreider's going to leave a trail of broken bones and classical piano riffs in the playoffs. 

• LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

45 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The issue with his coasting is that it's incredibly taxing for the other guys on the ice.

• Keeps it 100 1

I've never completely understood what "they are a hard team to play against" means, but watching Montreal gave me some perspective, because I think they are about the easiest team to play against in the leage.  They are loose and forgiving of your mistakes.