• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#76) Rangers vs New Jersey Devils — The Rempire Will Be Defeated by Ewoks

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo

REGULAR SEASON GAME #76 — 4/3/24

NYR Logo Reflection vs. Opponent Logo

Time: 7:00 PM
TV: TNT
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_BrooksieMollieeWalkerr@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@StapeAthletic

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/devils

GameCenter - here

NYR Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

50-21-4 (104 Points)

1st — Metropolitan

26-10-0

24-11-4

3-3

7-3-0

L1

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+48 (7th)

3.41 (7th)

2.77 (7th)

25.7% (4th)

83.5% (4th)

49.3% (20th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Artemi Panarin (44)

Artemi Panarin (64)

Artemi Panarin (108)

Ryan Lindgren (+23)

Matt Rempe (54)

Adam Fox (23:21)

Vincent Trocheck (21:23)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider / Mika Zibanejad A / Jack Roslovic

Artemi Panarin A  / Vincent Trocheck / Alexis Lafreniere

Jonny Brodzinski / Alex Wennberg / Kaapo Kakko

Jimmy Vesey / Barclay Goodrow A / Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox A
K'Andre Miller / Jacob Trouba
Braden Schneider / Erik Gustafsson

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

32-16-2

Healthy Scratches:

Will Cuylle, Zac Jones, Chad Ruhwedel

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Filip Chytil [LTIR] — Died again; Out for season

Blake Wheeler [LTIR] — Leg snapped like a twig; Out for season

Opponent Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

36-34-4 (76 Points)

7th — Metropolitan

17-19-2

19-16-2

0-1

5-5-0

L2

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

-12 (20th)

3.28 (10th)

3.43 (27th)

22.4% (13th)

81.2% (12th)

53.2% (5th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Jack Hughes (26)

Jesper Bratt (49)

Jesper Bratt (74)

Curtis Lazar (+11)

Kevin Bahl (59)

Luke Hughes (21:15)

Jack Hughes (20:54)

Starting Lineup:^

Timo Meier / Nico Hischier C / Jesper Bratt
Jack Hughes A / Erik Haula / Alexander Holtz
Ondrej Palat A / Tomas Nosek / Dawson Mercer
Kurtis MacDermid / Chris Tierney / Curtis Lazar

Jonas Siegenthaler / John Marino
Kevin Bahl / Brendan Smith
Luke Hughes / Simon Nemec

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Kaapo “No Relation” Kahkonen

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

7-22-3

Healthy Scratches:

Nick DeSimone, Maxwell Willman

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Nolan Foote [IR] — Undisclosed
Dougie Hamilton [IR] — Pectoral surgery; Could miss remainder of season
Nathan Bastian [IR] — Lil' Bitch

Michale McLeod [OUT] — Facing trial
Cal Foote [OUT] — Facing trial

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

“Whenever you play a local team, a rivalry game, there’s gonna be some added fuel. We still want points, we still wanna win games, and they’re desperate, too. They’re still looking to get into the playoffs. It’s always an intense game, especially this late in the year when points really matter for teams.”

- Adam Fox on facing the Devils

GIF to LOL:

slap-shot-hanson-brothers.gif

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1

• Morphinity 2.0 changed the title to [RS] (#76) Rangers vs New Jersey Devils — The Rempire Will Be Defeated by Ewoks
  • Morphinity 2.0 changed the title to [RS] (#76) Rangers vs New Jersey Devils — the Rempire Will Be Defeated by Ewoks
1 minute ago, Br4d said:

Cuylle has been odd man out a couple of times now.  That doesn't feel right.

Rookie....long season...Need him fresh for the playoffs.

He's had the most hits on the team and I think he may even be 3rd in the NHL in hits...(maybe that for rookies)...either way, we're gonna need him fresh for the playoffs.  So I'm cool with giving him a rest a few games.

He's played very well as per Lavvy, so it's not Cuylle, it's the schedule.

• Like 1

I'll bet we see a little different Rempe tonight as well;  In his "time off" I'm thinking we didn't exactly stand pat with him.  I'm hoping they brought in an "expert" to school hima little bit with his fighting, and also his play.

I'm sure they didn't keep him up here just to sit on the bench.  I'll bet that time was spent constructively.

He's going with MacDermid tonight, and I think everyone knows it.  Beware Mac...this kid's ready!!!

Oh yeah, Bill Cook for Trivia and Happy 59th Birthday to Jeff Beukeboom!

Edited by Ozzy

4 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

A hard hitting physical game isn't the time to sit Cuylle, but what do I know.

I was hoping Brodz, but I get the thinking, Robbie.  The playoffs are more important right now, and Cuylle's been in there all season.

• Keeps it 100 1

• Morphinity 2.0 changed the title to [RS] (#76) Rangers vs New Jersey Devils — the Rempire Will Be Defeated by Ewoks
29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I was hoping Brodz, but I get the thinking, Robbie.  The playoffs are more important right now, and Cuylle's been in there all season.

Cuylle just sat the other night.  He doesn't need that much rest for the playoffs.  Plus there's at least a week break from the last game until first playoff game

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Cuylle just sat the other night.  He doesn't need that much rest for the playoffs.  Plus there's at least a week break from the last game until first playoff game

I know man...I don't like sitting him either.  Maybe he's got a nagging injury?  I dunno....there's gotta be some reason for him sitting out; he's been pretty damn good all year.

37 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

NHL moved up the start date of the playoffs to the 20th from the 22nd.  

It seems like as of now the scratch rotation is Cuylle and Rempe.   

36 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I know man...I don't like sitting him either.  Maybe he's got a nagging injury?  I dunno....there's gotta be some reason for him sitting out; he's been pretty damn good all year.

This is the most regular season games he has played in his career and he could still play another 30 games.....Most regular season games he has played was 69 and that was last year in Hartford, he already played 74 this year.  I'm sure they just don't want him to hit the rookie wall.  

Edited by Blue Heaven
  • Believe 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

This is the most regular season games he has played in his career and he could still play another 30 games.....Most regular season games he has played was 69 and that was last year in Hartford, he already played 74 this year.  I'm sure they just don't want him to hit the rookie wall.  

That's what I was thinking, Blue.  If that be the case, then fine....rest him and be 100% come playoff time.

Jersey just took yet another brutal 3rd period loss last night. Have to imagine that team is just about at the point of being mentally fried and checked out. And to be honest, I think tonight is a game they have circled to be more physical and all of the nonsense than of the actual 2 points. Just hope nothing stupid happens.

• Morphinity 2.0 changed the title to [RS] (#76) Rangers vs New Jersey Devils — The Rempire Will Be Defeated by Ewoks

We got Roslovic and Wennberg so organization has to decide whether to scratch Cuylle, Rempe, Brodzinski, Goodrow, etc.  It is what it is.  I hate seeing Rempe in the lineup and getting 6 minutes TOI, if he's in the lineup get him ice time.

Rempe isn't good enough (yet) to be a full-time NHL player let alone handle more minutes.  I get it, it's fun to watch him crush people.  He's a disaster with the puck on his stick unless he's below the hashmarks in the OZ.  The game is too fast for him to think and make a play.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

With Rempe in the lineup Rangers are 10-2-1. When he’s on the ice Rempe clearly has a tremendous positive effect for the Rangers. Opponents have to make adjustments. He has improved and deserves to play more. I have not seen a kid as young, big and tough as Rempe. His presence in front of the opponents net has become a big issue for our opponents. Yes there are things he needs to work on no doubt. He will learn how to get better through coaching as many of you have stated in previous posts. In the meantime let this kid play. Something tells me he can only get better. WE BELIEVE IN REMPE…..
LGR!! 

ED 
spacer.png

• TroCheckmark 1

28 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

With Rempe in the lineup Rangers are 10-2-1. When he’s on the ice Rempe clearly has a tremendous positive effect for the Rangers. Opponents have to make adjustments. He has improved and deserves to play more. I have not seen a kid as young, big and tough as Rempe. His presence in front of the opponents net has become a big issue for our opponents. Yes there are things he needs to work on no doubt. He will learn how to get better through coaching as many of you have stated in previous posts. In the meantime let this kid play. Something tells me he can only get better. WE BELIEVE IN REMPE…..
LGR!! 

ED 
spacer.png

Which means they still won 40 games where he wasn't in the lineup.

Correlation isn't causation.

Edited by Pete