• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#71) Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Kitty Kitty Kitty I Want to Pet the Kitty

1 minute ago, siddious said:

31 Other teams would trade serious assets for this guy but we can’t seem to get over the fact that he’s over 6’ tell and doesn’t murder people. 

it’s Tom poti again except I’d take miller over poti any day of the week. 

Not looking for him to murder people just not be a cream puff unwilling to hit

3 minutes ago, Dem said:

When you are unwilling to protect yourself you become a target. The kid has a substantial physical stature. Start hitting people hard n some of the targeting stops. 

It's just not going to happen. Accept him as is.  He's a great skating D man that is going to make his bones on offense only. He's not going to just flip a switch and become an aggressive or mean player. Be happy he gets back on D or blocks any shots. That's the most toughness you're going to get out of him and that's fine. 

Gonna need some kind of offensive support for when the Zibanejad line no shows. And despite the boxscore stats, that line no shows quite a bit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's just not going to happen. Accept him as is.  He's a great skating D man that is going to make his bones on offense only. He's not going to just flip a switch and become an aggressive or mean player. Be happy he gets back on D or blocks any shots. That's the most toughness you're going to get out of him and that's fine. 

Gonna need some kind of offensive support for when the Zibanejad line no shows. And despite the boxscore stats, that line no shows quite a bit. 

Maybe we should take the other 31 teams dying to have him up on their offer. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Here’s my take/hope/assessment/fear: Rangers have shown they can play a hard hitting game for a period of time…they did it for a few week stretch…They’re now near the top of the league which is good and bad…good because playoffs are pretty much assured.  Bad because you could fall into the trap of going all out to try and get that top spot, and in doing so, wind up like Boston last season…early exit from the playoffs.  So, I’m fine with the less than 100% effort, but it can bite you if you don’t ramp it up in time to peak come playoffs…tough situation.  No way you keep up peak performance for the last 20 games and playoffs…