• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#55) Rangers @ New York Islanders — the One With the Big Ass Jersey Numbers

Phil

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Islanders aren’t good but if you watch the two teams in the defensive zone the Islanders always have someone open and the Rangers never do.  The Rangers just don’t stay with their man in the defensive zone.  It’s hard to fathom that none of them know how to play defense.  

That's GGs fault too ya know. He also opened up the Mexican border. 

• Bullseye 1

Entire D corp were like traffic cones in our end for the first half of the game.  Miller and Lindy both looked slow and lethargic.  But, maybe Troch's goals woke them from their slumber and the will play the 3rd like they did the last 8 to 10 mins of the 2nd.  If they do, they can win this game.  Also, props to Rempe for knocking Martin around at the start of the game.  I hope the kids sticks with the club.  

Edited by delneggs
spelling

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There was a Rangers Isles line brawl that started on the opening face off back in 92 or 93. It was my first Ranger game. 

But were any involved in that brawl in their first game ever as a Ranger?  That was my question…who’s had the fastest fight in their rookie debut…they mentioned that a few have had fights in their debut game, but not sure any did it before they played a minute of the game.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hopefully the effects of the beers and hotdogs from Rutts Hut have worn off and the Rangers show up for a full 3rd period. 

Apparently they went back for a few more rounds. Locker-room smells like hotdogs, beer breath and lack of urgency. 

Just now, siddious said:

I don’t think I quite understand. It hasn’t been said enough tonight. Do you guys think Miller is a good defenseman or not?

Nope but give it another 3-4 years. In this case the NHL is a developmental league.

• Like 1
  • The Chyt! 1

Just now, siddious said:

I don’t think I quite understand. It hasn’t been said enough tonight. Do you guys think Miller is a good defenseman or not?

Lindgren and Fox aren't doing much better.  Probably still have to wait for them to figure it out. They're only 25 ya know. Still plenty of time to learn the position.