• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ducks' Frank Vatrano and Adam Henrique on Rangers Radar

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I wonder if:

2 draft picks: 1 pick is a 2nd that turns into a 1st if the Rangers get out of the 1st Round. And a 3rd that turns into a 2nd next year if the Rangers make it to the Finals.

I wonder if by offering those 2 Conditional Picks, a prospect like Sykora and a player who could step right into their blue line in Jones would be enough to get the job done.

Protects the prospects like Othmann and Perrault. Fail safe plan because if we fall apart in the playoffs like last year, we retain our first but if we so much as win a Round, Anaheim obtains at least a 1st/3rd combo, which could be a 1st/2nd combo if we win the East, at which point I think we would all be okay.

The Rangers have 1st round picks in 2024, 2025 and 2026. They only have a 2nd round pick in 2024. They only have a 3rd round pick in 2026. They don't have the draft capital to get cutesy with conditionals.

At most, they could probably have their 2nd in 2024 upgraded to a 2024 1st or 2025 1st.

• Keeps it 100 1

To Rangers: Henrique, Vatrano (both at 50%)

To Ducks: Sykora, Jones, 2 Conditional Picks (1 pick is a 2024 2nd-Rounder that turns into a 2024 1st if NYR win a playoff round; other pick is a 2024 2nd-Rounder that turns into a 2024 1st if NYR win ECF)

Fair?

Edited by RichieNextel305

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I wonder if:

2 draft picks: 1 pick is a 2nd that turns into a 1st if the Rangers get out of the 1st Round. And a 3rd that turns into a 2nd next year if the Rangers make it to the Finals.

I wonder if by offering those 2 Conditional Picks, a prospect like Sykora and a player who could step right into their blue line in Jones would be enough to get the job done.

Protects the prospects like Othmann and Perrault. Fail safe plan because if we fall apart in the playoffs like last year, we retain our first but if we so much as win a Round, Anaheim obtains at least a 1st/3rd combo, which could be a 1st/2nd combo if we win the East, at which point I think we would all be okay.

Conference Final*

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Anaheim should be able to get 1sts outright in separate trades for Henrique and Vatrano half-retained. I don't see them reducing the price to trade them in the same deal when they don't have to.

A non-Perreault/Othmann price I imagine is in the neighborhood of 1st/1st/Berard/Jones.

I'm not giving up two firsts for these players. I'm just not. One. Max. And it's conditional (Conference Final appearance).

If that's a no-go, then go trade them somewhere else.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 3

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Don't forget, there's always a chance we can get Tarasenko.  Maybe he costs less for the RW spot.

Just a trade for Henrique with the Ducks might be less as well.

Fuck it get Patty Kane too

• LMFAO 1

16 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Don't forget, there's always a chance we can get Tarasenko.  Maybe he costs less for the RW spot.

Just a trade for Henrique with the Ducks might be less as well.

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Fuck it get Patty Kane too

Yeah let’s run it back! We know it was all GG’s fault! 😜

• Cheers 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Kane was still out injured prior to the break, right? I thought he was slated to come back well before then, but he never did? Perhaps he's hurt worse than originally thought.

Hes going to be traded to us still injured. then were going to kucherov him for the playoffs.

come on man its so easy to see

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Also, I refuse to allow a Henrique thread to exist without expressly and unapologetically stating: FUCK ADAM HENRIQUE FOREVER.

Shouldn't have allowed more than one to exist. 

13 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Kane was still out injured prior to the break, right? I thought he was slated to come back well before then, but he never did? Perhaps he's hurt worse than originally thought.

They were debating getting him into a game or two before the break but decided it didn't make sense. 

Just now, Pete said:

They were debating getting him into a game or two before the break but decided it didn't make sense. 

Okay. That does make sense, yes. I thought maybe he was just injured worse than they thought, but you understand precautions with him.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Okay. That does make sense, yes. I thought maybe he was just injured worse than they thought, but you understand precautions with him.

Right. Plus they are winning, so it's easier to give him the time he needs.

He said he was frustrated because his hip felt really good but it was this other injury that was holding him out. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

They definitely do. Prospects don't always pan out and Fowler won't be there forever. 

Is it possible you aren't actually familiar with Mintyukov? He's their top 10 1st round pick and playing this year with 19 points in 40 games. He's already surpassed what Zach jones career has been thus far within his first 40 games in the league.   

25 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Is it possible you aren't actually familiar with Mintyukov? He's their top 10 1st round pick and playing this year with 19 points in 40 games. He's already surpassed what Zach jones career has been thus far within his first 40 games in the league.   

A team can't have more than 1 defenseman with offensive upside?