• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #45] Rangers at Los Angeles Kings — Slumper Party

6 minutes ago, Valriera said:

This was a good game come on folks. La is a top team and we controlled the whole second half of the game, hit numerous posts, and it took a circus save to keep the game tied all while our goalie had to do nothing. One mistake from miller cost the game. Very different than our recent stretch of poor form where we just give up the middle of the ice all game. 

Story of Millers career lol

7 minutes ago, Valriera said:

This was a good game come on folks. La is a top team and we controlled the whole second half of the game, hit numerous posts, and it took a circus save to keep the game tied all while our goalie had to do nothing. One mistake from miller cost the game. Very different than our recent stretch of poor form where we just give up the middle of the ice all game. 

Yeah.

They we’re much better than they’ve been.

They lost 2-1 on the road to a good team and got unlucky on some things.

The result sucks… but it’s an improvement.

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

LAK had won 1 game in their last 11. Glad we could help such a good team out.

And the Golden Knights who have half their roster out with injuries......we can't ride the "Well, we are missing one guy who would change the trajectory!!

Chytil is yucking it up with Jags watching Ranger games and listening to Jags stories of yesteryear about how he carried those teams.....Hopefully, it rubs off.....

• Believe 1

26 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Zibanejad, Fox and Panarin didn't have shots on goal until late in the 3rd period.  

Mikey Anderson a defensive D man was taking the puck to the net via middle of the ice all night. Seemed like every King opportunity was a rush to the net.  The D was getting walked. The forwards aren't helping much either. 

LA shut this team down  in a game where you needed the team to make a statement.  This "make a statement" game, keeps getting pushed off and a lot of us have been burying our heads in the sand in thinking this is just a rut and everything will get fixed. I expect better. 

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

Was a bad mistake by Miller. The 4th line was on so no point to trying to pass it around, and instead of either shooting or dumping it deep, fucked around with the puck, turnover, goal. But I feel bad for him; when the stars on the team don't shoot much less score, every little mistake gets magnified. Same thing with Laffy not getting the puck in that sliver of daylight at the end. Playing a struggling team starting an AHL goalie and this group refuses to push the issue. 22 minutes without a shot, 2 shots in the 1st; that cannot be acceptable. Pretty clear until shown otherwise this core is soft as baby shit. 

Gotta make a move or 2. Brooks today hints that the problem with the flat cap is it's very hard to make huge moves and almost every team is at .500 or better with the loser's points. Who is really out of it? 

Good thing we came out peppering the net with a whole 2 shots in the 1st!  I swear we missed the net with more shots in that game than we got on net!  We can cycle with the best of 'em, huh?

Poor Quick; he kept us in it all the way making some heroic saves.  Can't say we didn't have our chances.  The power-less play has turned to "Pass-fest '24" and all the shots miss the net!   Laff had a dandy of a chance at the end, and missed too!  Love the kid, but you have to bury that one!

Here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Optical Center, when you can't hit the net, maybe a new pair of Ricky Vaughn glasses will do the trick!

17 hours ago, Pete said:

Bonino out is an automatic upgrade. 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Holy fuck, this game starts at 1030? Ok

First...

Goal...

Wins...

11 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

Shhhh!  We're sleeping, much like the Rangers.

11 hours ago, delneggs said:

Ladies are lucky to be down only 1.  They are getting really good at this non contact hockey thing though.  

11 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Good effort almost got that third SOG. 

Zzzzzzzzzz

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Thought I was nostradumbass when the lights went out. 

10 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Over 20 minutes now without a shot. We’re trying to score by osmosis. 

10 hours ago, phillyb said:

I’m tired. I hate the Kings. Fuck this game. 

10 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Miller should take a shower between periods to wash some of the stink off before the 3rd period. 

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

Mika's continues his  quest to win the Rejio Ruotsalainen Trophy for the player who's slappers annually miss the net but terrify fans in the corners.

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

The 23/24 Philadelphia Eagles of hockey.....

So I decided to skip banging the ugly chick at the bar, and came home to watch these pukers muster another heaping pile of dog dung again.  I even stayed up to watch the entire post game, just to get that sweet feeling of pain, like I just grabbed an electric fence, while standing in a puddle! 

The fucking highlight of the night was watching a guy who basically stole the Cup from us 9 years ago, get saluted by his former home fans! 

This trip is turning into a damn disaster!  And the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to the Bugger! @Bugg!  The Reijo reference was gold, but the truth of it is what made it win!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ozzy said:

Good thing we came out peppering the net with a whole 2 shots in the 1st!  I swear we missed the net with more shots in that game than we got on net!  We can cycle with the best of 'em, huh?

Poor Quick; he kept us in it all the way making some heroic saves.  Can't say we didn't have our chances.  The power-less play has turned to "Pass-fest '24" and all the shots miss the net!   Laff had a dandy of a chance at the end, and missed too!  Love the kid, but you have to bury that one!

Here are the Top 10 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Optical Center, when you can't hit the net, maybe a new pair of Ricky Vaughn glasses will do the trick!

So I decided to skip banging the ugly chick at the bar, and came home to watch these pukers muster another heaping pile of dog dung again.  I even stayed up to watch the entire post game, just to get that sweet feeling of pain, like I just grabbed an electric fence, while standing in a puddle! 

The fucking highlight of the night was watching a guy who basically stole the Cup from us 9 years ago, get saluted by his former home fans! 

This trip is turning into a damn disaster!  And the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to the Bugger! @Bugg!  The Reijo reference was gold, but the truth of it is what made it win!

Think if we put it to a vote, banging the ugly chick would've won bigly over what ever the fuck that was. 

• JIMMY! 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

LA shut this team down  in a game where you needed the team to make a statement.  This "make a statement" game, keeps getting pushed off and a lot of us have been burying our heads in the sand in thinking this is just a rut and everything will get fixed. I expect better. 

One of the Ranger's problems is that they're a vet team and they make statements when they want too with no idea if they're going to back them up the next game.

It's really hard to get the momentum a championship team needs when each game is hit or miss on effort.