• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #45] Rangers at Los Angeles Kings — Slumper Party

Just now, delneggs said:

Another dud from the ladies.  Well, at least they get Anaheim and San Jose next, so maybe they can win one of them?  

Honestly I won’t be surprised if they will not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Can't be much worse than the 1OA. 

And seriously. Lafrenière only has 4 more goals, and 5 more assists.  This with a hell of a lot more icetime and playing with the hottest player in the game all season.  

It can be argued that Lafrenière has cooled off big time and that maybe someone else can do more in that spot. 

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Laffy was in really tight to elevate it that much. He did the right thing just getting it on net as quickly as he could. Just a great save.

Had plenty of room. No excuse to not get that puck off the ice. That's what top players can do.

Want to be on the top PP? Gotta score there and not shoot a puck at the goalies skate. Wheeler pops that one. Vesey pops that one. Cuylle pops that one. 

Was Panarin yelling at him coming off the ice at the end of the game? 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Had plenty of room. No excuse to not get that puck off the ice. That's what top players can do.

Want to be on the top PP? Gotta score there and not shoot a puck at the goalies skate. Wheeler pops that one. Vesey pops that one. Cuylle pops that one. 

I was yelling at him coming off the ice

• LOL 1

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Had plenty of room. No excuse to not get that puck off 

Indeed he was in Russian!

"Ey, otoydi ot moyey linii, zhirnyy ublyudok" 

I looked it up "Hey get off my line you fat bastard" 

• LOL 1
  • ALEXIS! 2

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And seriously. Lafrenière only has 4 more goals, and 5 more assists.  This with a hell of a lot more icetime and playing with the hottest player in the game all season.  

It can be argued that Lafrenière has cooled off big time and that maybe someone else can do more in that spot. 

He has a bit, yeah. I still don't think he's terrible, he's just not a finisher. Not a consistent one, anyway.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • ALEXIS! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Kreider interviewing like GG is the coach. Getting tired of his lack of caring. 

"Yup............

We have to do better..."

Fuck this guy. 

He's not the only guy, there are others.

I don't know what it is, but this team doesn't have it.

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Another lack luster effort.  Team seems to lack a player that does something that lifts the team up.  Whether it’s a big hit or just a rah rah guy.  The team spirit almost seems missing or depleted.  

Not enough equipemt getting thrown. 

18 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Not enough equipemt getting thrown. 

I never thought the helmet throw meant really anything last year but maybe it was more important than I realized.  Nobody knows what is said or done behind closed doors.  The big four players on this team don’t have enough fire in their games to lift the team up (Zibanejad, Kreider, Panarin & Fox).  If they aren’t scoring they don’t hit or do anything inspiring.  Take the Bruins for example Pasternak & Marchand hit and are annoying.  Rangers top 4 aren’t noticeable too many games.  

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I never thought the helmet throw meant really anything last year but maybe it was more important than I realized.  Nobody knows what is said or done behind closed doors.  The big four players on this team don’t have enough fire in their games to lift the team up (Zibanejad, Kreider, Panarin & Fox).  If they aren’t scoring they don’t hit or do anything inspiring.  Take the Bruins for example Pasternak & Marchand hit and are annoying.  Rangers top 4 aren’t noticeable too many games.  

It's amazing that any hockey fan can watch post season hockey and identify the "it" factor which tends to come in speed, physicality and grit. This team doesn't have it outside of Trochek who will get dirty, buzz around and has some finishing ability. Trading Chris Kreider for a slightly less productive player that possesses those qualities could really change the dynamic.

• Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic

This was a good game come on folks. La is a top team and we controlled the whole second half of the game, hit numerous posts, and it took a circus save to keep the game tied all while our goalie had to do nothing. One mistake from miller cost the game. Very different than our recent stretch of poor form where we just give up the middle of the ice all game.