• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox: Do We Have a Problem?

10 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Completely wrong? LOL. I wish we all had the knowledge of hockey you do. “Great players are always playing great because they’re, well, great! Wow!”

Speaking of sensitive, who keeps coming back time and time again? Congratulations watching youth hockey for 25 years. That’s some fantastic stuff. My hats off to you.

All you’ve done is prove how objectively wrong you could be while hardly watching the individual player. And I’m pretty sure your reading comprehension is at an all-time low. Because you keep acting like Adam Fox has to prove me wrong. As if I’m saying the guy is trash, has always been trash and we need to dump him immediately. Did some of those 25 years of behind the bench for the youth feature years spent with Fox? Because someone is hysterically obsessed with defending his honor here…

Once more, for the people having difficulty reading here and being objective and instead throwing their immaculate hockey resume down on the table for everyone to see: 

This was not a flame thread on Adam Fox. Adam Fox is a fucking stud. Even on his worst day, he’s a Top-10 defenseman in this league. He is easily one of the best PP QB’s in the sport. His hockey IQ is through the roof. His playmaking is top tier and there isn’t a team in this league that wouldn’t be drooling to have him on their blueline.

ALL OF THAT BEING SAID….

…..even great players, like Fox, go through ruts. Even Norris winning defensemen go through stretches where they aren’t playing their best hockey. And (ready for this wild take?) it’s perfectly fine for fans (I’m sorry I forgot the quotes) to acknowledge it and discuss it. Igor has won a Vezina in this league. Is Igor playing at that same level right now? Absolutely not. Is it discussed? You bet. Same with Fox. I never said I need him to prove me wrong or anyone wrong or that he’s trash. I just said his play has slipped from the level it was at a few years ago. Agree. Disagree. I couldn’t give a shit less. But to act like your opinion is right and others opinions are wrong, and to laugh it off as absurd? Sorry, not the way things fly over here. Even if you do coach for or against the LI Gulls.

I hope you’re able to comprehend and “read” (damn, had to slide the quotes in somewhere) this instead of jumping to conclusions and explaining to us why you know better than others because you have taught kids how to do relay drills at a local youth rink.

I’m glad you were able to read my opening paragraph. I hope your eyes are able to read this post too.

Excellently long post-   Good to know you are about as open minded to being wrong as you accuse me of being.  

Fox has slipped?  You are right, he’s probably not going to win the Norris this year— but he’s also likely to be the best point producing defensemen and all around player on the team.  But yes, the cutting insight that he might not be the same caliber as he was when he won the prestigious Norris trophy— I’m glad you’ve contributed that!

Also, who made you in charge of “how things are done here?”  If a moderator has an issue with what I’m posting they will take it up with me— they have not because I’m sure they can tell I’ve only pointed out what 95% of the board agrees with.  It’s cool dude- you can have this argument.  Can’t wait to watch Fox dominate for years to come, all the while knowing you can’t actually root for that because you’d rather be right on a message board than see the guy be successful.

9 minutes ago, JHS said:

Excellently long post-   Good to know you are about as open minded to being wrong as you accuse me of being.  

Fox has slipped?  You are right, he’s probably not going to win the Norris this year— but he’s also likely to be the best point producing defensemen and all around player on the team.  But yes, the cutting insight that he might not be the same caliber as he was when he won the prestigious Norris trophy— I’m glad you’ve contributed that!

Also, who made you in charge of “how things are done here?”  If a moderator has an issue with what I’m posting they will take it up with me— they have not because I’m sure they can tell I’ve only pointed out what 95% of the board agrees with.  It’s cool dude- you can have this argument.  Can’t wait to watch Fox dominate for years to come, all the while knowing you can’t actually root for that because you’d rather be right on a message board than see the guy be successful.

Yep, you’re right. I’d much rather see Fox stink it up to prove a point…

Hilarious. 😂

Glad you’re finally on board with my original sentiment: Fox has slipped. Never said he sucks, never said I’m not rooting for the guy. Just said he slipped. 

I am so happy we are making progress.

And FWIW, when you write a novel and someone else follows it up by writing a novel, it doesn’t make much sense to call out someone for making a long post. Just for future references.

But again, I’m happy progress is being made here. I’m glad. Things are on the up and up.

Edited by RichieNextel305

I love Fox, he is all you want in an offensive minded D. He has always been a somewhat liability on D due to his size. Teams long ago figured out the Rangers D, at least the good teams.....forecheck after the dump, they make poor decisions and do not handle the puck well, and do not use the body well to clear the net...too much reaching with the stick.....that's hockey DNA and hard to break free of. Rangers really do not have 4 good lines to alleviate scoring pressure off the top line. Have a lot of players that are past prime or not offensively inclined. They signed Goodrow to lots of money, he is a 4th liner with limited skill, he bangs, but his limitations are there and he has lost his ability to be a consistent face off weapon, Wheeler is past it, he plays as hard as he can but is past it, same for Bonino. Too many past their prime 4th liners to relieve pressure on the first and second line. The young guys are getting time, Brodzinski and Cuylle play hard but are learning, Kaako being back helps, lets hope he doesn't fade as in past seasons, LaFreniere has elevated his game no doubt, same group of potent scorers we always had, need to get some better support relief from 3-4 lines. Seems to be the same problems year in and out, good streak and bad streaks happen, we seem to hit walls in the playoffs due to the imbalance in our scoring and defensive lapses that absolutely kill us. Shesterkin is clearly not up to the Vezina year he had, hockey is a tough sport, grinds folks down....still bleed Ranger blue always....just going to be watching from the inside of a padded room with a jacket that has the buttons up the back.........LOL

• LOL 1

I'm very suspicious of the 5v5 chances stat because it's not remotely tracked by 5v5 goals.

He plays with Panarin and Zibanejad, both of whom cycle excellently.  This season Panarin is shooting more but Zibanejad is still passing up everything but the one-timer for somebody else's opportunity.

At what point does excellence in starting get cancelled out by the fact that nobody wants to finish?

And I'm not talking about the Ranger's issues in finishing which are real.  I'm talking about their lack of desire to take the shot amidst all the cycling.  I'm talking about people giving up open looks at 30-40 feet to give somebody else a much worse look at the bottom of the circles just because it causes the goalie to have to adjust.

You know what the Ranger's are really missing?

Rebound shots and that's because nobody will take the hard wrister or semi-slapshot from 30-40 feet when it is there.  Kakko does this once and we're all thrilled (last season) and we haven't seen it again from him.  What's up with that?

Out of nowhere Adam Fox drives a slapshot through traffic and scores from above the top of the circle near the boards.  Where the fuck has that been 10 times a season instead of out of nowhere?

Edited by Br4d

I'll gladly eat crow on this one but I'd like to see him show some damn emotion smashing his stick once in a while or yelling at some people. Guy seems like a wet noodle all the time. Keep bringing the points though; no one is perfect!

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, jsm7302 said:

I'll gladly eat crow on this one but I'd like to see him show some damn emotion smashing his stick once in a while or yelling at some people. Guy seems like a wet noodle all the time. Keep bringing the points though; no one is perfect!

This JHS character is acting like I flamed Fox or I was advocating shipping off to Siberia. Or that he was playing like absolute shit. All I said was that his overall game had slipped from where it was, and basically what you just said here. And this newbie is making it seem like I have to eat crow when Fox produces, like I hate Adam Fox. 😂

Whatever helps people sleep at night, I guess. To each their own.

25 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This JHS character is acting like I flamed Fox or I was advocating shipping off to Siberia. Or that he was playing like absolute shit. All I said was that his overall game had slipped from where it was, and basically what you just said here. And this newbie is making it seem like I have to eat crow when Fox produces, like I hate Adam Fox. 😂

Leave the special people alone

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Real classy response here captain.  Is there an ignore feature on this site? You've certainly earned it.

4 points in the past 2 games-  Fox is a HUGE problem and I'm glad there are people like you around here to offer such incredible insight into just why hockey decisions should be left to people who actually have a clue.

Edited by JHS

1 hour ago, JHS said:

Real classy response here captain.  Is there an ignore feature on this site? You've certainly earned it.

4 points in the past 2 games-  Fox is a HUGE problem and I'm glad there are people like you around here to offer such incredible insight into just why hockey decisions should be left to people who actually have a clue.

There is an ignore button. Instead of sending private messages, use that please.

Once again, all started when you came in like a bat out of hell calling other people’s opinions ridiculous. Want to agree to disagree? Be my guest. No need to start in, and then come back and bait again earlier. 

Not all of us have a clue like you since you coached hockey. My bad.

Finally, and once again, it was never a flame out conversation on Fox, nor was I saying he was our biggest issue or that I wanted him dumped elsewhere. I love Fox. That said, as a fan, I am allow to dissect the player. And I, and others, have noticed he isn’t quite at the level he was at just a short time ago. That’s not to say he’s terrible, or he’s evaporated. It was just to say his play has dipped a bit, specifically defensively in some instances. I’m not quite sure what “hockey decisions” you’re talking about. All I said was his play had slid a bit from that of a Norris winner. I never advocated any movement, rooted for his demise or anything of the sort. So…not a clue what you’re going on about there.

Again, want to disagree? Please, feel free. But you were the one who started the shit tossing; not me. And you were the one who essentially brought your coaching credentials into it as if that means you know better than others; not me. And then you get mad when you’re called out on that when you come in baiting days later?

Be better.

Edited by RichieNextel305

There are a few things at play here.

First.. it’s ridiculous to think you can’t comment on fox’s game. No one in here said he’s a bad player. His game had slipped. There’s not a single person in here, I would bet, who wants him to fail.

second… there is one immutable law of nature and that’s if you shit on a player enough, they start to play better to prove you wrong. You’re welcome Adam. 

• LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I was willing to credit him still feeling the effects of the Aho knee incident for a bit.  Fox is pretty much a staple here, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows it.  He'll have his ups and downs just like other elite players, but there aren't many others I'd rather have back there on D.