• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Tyler Pitlick Week-to-Week with Lower-body Injury; Rangers Recall Brennan Othmann from Hartford

16 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere

Kreider-Zibanejad-Wheeler

Vesey-Goodrow-Pitlick

Cuylle-Bonino-Brodzinski

Those have been the lines by 5v5 usage for 3 weeks, and there's a clear line of separation between each one with TOI. My guess would be Othmann plops in right where Pitlick was, and Vesey-Goodrow-Othmann is a good line. Call it a 4th line if you want, but it's not. It's the real 3rd line for this team, just like Panarin is the real 1st line. I don't understand the unnecessary illusions around the line numbers that surround this organization.

Vesey-Goodrow-Pitlick have been on the ice for the opening face-off a lot of the time since the injury wave hit.  I think it was Vesey-Trocheck-Pitlick for a few games when Goodrow was out.  Maybe Kreider-Zibanejad-Wheeler a few times.

Obviously Laviolette wants "line 4" to have the opening matchup against the other line 1 so that when Zibanejad hits the ice he's not immediately in full defense mode.

Edited by Br4d

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Send Othmann back down ASAP if this is how they are going to use him.

It just doesn't make sense. Kid had so many chances against Chicago and did all but concert; the looks were there though and then tonight he barely had to opportunity to take a few strides out there. Pairing his with Cuylle would be the best thing they could do. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Wheeler should have been a scratch last night.  He can't keep up with fast opponents and winds up looking like a loose cog out there always out of sequence.  He played 17 minutes last night!  17!'

Good Lord!

• VINNY! 1

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

Wheeler should have been a scratch last night.  He can't keep up with fast opponents and winds up looking like a loose cog out there always out of sequence.  He played 17 minutes last night!  17!'

Good Lord!

He looked real bad last night. It's time to end the experiment with him. I'd rather see Brodzinski, Cuylle, retired Adam Graves out there at this point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Was a nice cup of coffee. Got one chance. Did well. Received no more chances. 

Kakko not getting an AHL assignment just shows theybarre really desperate for a  guy they know. 

But they know his confidence is shot. So, why not give him a whirl in the A? 

Ah well.  I like Kakko, despite the disappointment.  

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Was a nice cup of coffee. Got one chance. Did well. Received no more chances. 

Kakko not getting an AHL assignment just shows theybarre really desperate for a  guy they know. 

But they know his confidence is shot. So, why not give him a whirl in the A? 

Ah well.  I like Kakko, despite the disappointment.  

Yeah. I’m surprised by the lack of a conditioning assignment. Coming off a pretty serious injury. Wasn’t going well beforehand. Hasn’t played in 6 weeks. 
Seems like it would help him.

But I think you’re right. They are playing middling hockey hockey right now and they want to get a guy they know and trust back into the lineup ASAP. 

Be great if it were Kakko, but it seems like it's going to be a different AHL callup.

Good for Othmann, though. He isn't fully ready, and getting a week of Peter Laviolette studying his game and his habits has to be some of the best feedback he'll ever get to make the jump full-time. Othmann's got a great head on his shoulders, and he'll be back in force sooner rather than later, I'm sure.

• VINNY! 1

12 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Be great if it were Kakko, but it seems like it's going to be a different AHL callup.

Good for Othmann, though. He isn't fully ready, and getting a week of Peter Laviolette studying his game and his habits has to be some of the best feedback he'll ever get to make the jump full-time. Othmann's got a great head on his shoulders, and he'll be back in force sooner rather than later, I'm sure.

Same development arc as Cuylle is fine with me, though maybe with a bit more output. Cup of coffee year one. Tangible player year two. Hopefully with a bit more on the scoresheet. 

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

100%. Hope he takes this back and is hungrier than ever to make it next year. Im excited to watch him make strides; he isn't afraid to make plays, go to the net and take shots. We need all of those things. Keep it coming kid!!