• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #25] Rangers at Washington Capitals — Battle of Wil[l]s: Cuylle vs Wilson

Drew a Penalty

• Phil unpinned this topic

Quite the uninspired effort tonight, fellas!  I didn't even crack my first beer and we were down 1-0!!! 

Not even one thing sticks out in my mind as a positive in this one.  Anyway, here are the Top 6 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Scotts tissue....For games like this where you need a nice comfy wipe!

5 hours ago, Pete said:

This is how my wife got pregnant with my daughter. 

4 hours ago, Art20c said:

Fucking languorous divas. Wanna vomit

4 hours ago, Dem said:

Watching that 1st period was like diarrhea on a cold winter morning!!

4 hours ago, Dem said:

They keep playing like this my liver will be quivering

4 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

0-3? WTF?? Came home for this? Maybe I’ll go out again. Walk in front of a bus. 

4 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

The Rangers are done faster than my meatloaf

3 hours ago, Cr00zng said:

There’s the answer to the trivia question in the second  period. Why? Because nobody going to stay around for the third period….

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

I smashed every holiday bulb in this board (since my wife doesn't let me smash her anymore)

When we're bad, we're FUCKING REALLY BAD!  No doubt, just an awful display tonight against such a "horrible Caps team, that can't score".

Do me a favor, MSG...Shut the fuck up in the pre-game.  As soon as I heard how "terrible" the Caps were, and how all of a sudden they're the worst ranked scoring team, I knew it was gonna be a shit-show.

....and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Kakko’s defensive game is really slipping. Seemed like he was on the ice for every goal against. And Shesty hasnt scored a goal in 5 years. 

I know that you're saying it in jest, but I think the last handful of games especially since KK got hurt you're seeing that the team really needs that disruptive third line centered by Trochek.

He did an amazing job on the second line, but I think Panarin is carrying everybody. As soon as he cooled off, Tro went back to Trochuck. Carrying the park too long, going to dead areas of the ice just because it's open space, and firing a bad angle shot. 

They need KK back and a second line center to lengthen the lineup. Cuylle Tro Kakko would be a great defensive third line.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Your definition of second line center is way higher than mine if Trocheck does not qualify.

I think one of the problems the Rangers have right now is that both Zibanejad and Trocheck slot in at the 2nd line center level and we're missing a 1st line center.

4 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Your definition of second line center is way higher than mine if Trocheck does not qualify.

I think one of the problems the Rangers have right now is that both Zibanejad and Trocheck slot in at the 2nd line center level and we're missing a 1st line center.

Last 5 seasons, Zib is better than a point per game and averages above 30 goals.

Plays huge minutes.

In all situations.

Does so vs top players

Hes a 1st line center. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Last 5 seasons, Zib is better than a point per game and averages above 30 goals.

Plays huge minutes.

In all situations.

Does so vs top players

Hes a 1st line center. 

Last season he was not a 1st line center against the good teams.  The ones that made the playoffs.  That continued against the Devils in round 1 and is one of the reasons the Rangers were shown the gate.

The Rangers power play has been excellent and that has masked the fact that Zibanejad comes up short when the competition stiffens.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I know that you're saying it in jest, but I think the last handful of games especially since KK got hurt you're seeing that the team really needs that disruptive third line centered by Trochek.

He did an amazing job on the second line, but I think Panarin is carrying everybody. As soon as he cooled off, Tro went back to Trochuck. Carrying the park too long, going to dead areas of the ice just because it's open space, and firing a bad angle shot. 

They need KK back and a second line center to lengthen the lineup. Cuylle Tro Kakko would be a great defensive third line.

Agree on Trocheck, he’s not a playmaker and just shoots from everywhere for no reason. But he wins faceoffs and that means possession for Panarin and Laf. 

• BREAD! 1