• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #25] Rangers at Washington Capitals — Battle of Wil[l]s: Cuylle vs Wilson

Drew a Penalty

Don't underestimate what this game means. This was a big game for Laviolette. He's coming back to Washington after 3 seasons ranging from mediocre to bad. Kuznetsov ripped him a new one over the summer. The Rangers are a no show for their new coach. The Caps look better off without Lavi. Brutal.

• Keeps it 100 1

12 minutes ago, mbob said:

Coaching gave us an early jump and looking like a false high

Yep.  This roster needs to get blown up.  Too many entitled vets who were living off of a goalie making unconscious reflex saves the last couple of seasons.

Can't do it now but it will happen soon enough.

• Bullseye 1

Laviolette knew this was coming.  His post-game pressers have been level and forward-looking to the need for adjustments.

He and Drury probably are speaking about the situation already given the two forwards out long-term with injuries.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

Yep.  This roster needs to get blown up.  Too many entitled vets who were living off of a goalie making unconscious reflex saves the last couple of seasons.

Can't do it now but it will happen soon enough.

They get the season and playoffs. Though think I’m on the mini blow up train in the offseason.  

what a difference 3 games makes.  Truth is they are down two top 6 players even if you argue Chytil and Kakko aren’t. They were planned to be. It’s amazing they won with Fox down on top of. 

• Bullseye 1

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Don't underestimate what this game means. This was a big game for Laviolette. He's coming back to Washington after 3 seasons ranging from mediocre to bad. Kuznetsov ripped him a new one over the summer. The Rangers are a no show for their new coach. The Caps look better off without Lavi. Brutal.

So, that’s why the Rangers don’t know what hit them? Fuck them if they cannot show more effort and grit. Like the last couple of seasons, no pride either…

The biggest problem I see is a regression back to the lack of  D we've been experiencing the last few years. Our top G is playing like a mere mortal or worse to boot. Mostly bad puck luck  on O. The scoring will come w this group. Long term much more concerned w the D

Edited by Dem

2 minutes ago, mbob said:

They get the season and playoffs. Though think I’m on the mini blow up train in the offseason.  

what a difference 3 games makes.  Truth is they are down two top 6 players even if you argue Chytil and Kakko aren’t. They were planned to be. It’s amazing they won with Fox down on top of. 

I think Gustafsson was better at driving the 5v5 offense than Fox has been since his return.

• Like 1

IDK guys I’m not heading to the window ledge yet. We’ve enjoyed a helluva ride. And have now hit some bumps. The wheels have not come off! I missed the first period but what I did see shows me were in second gear maybe third but not the overdrive we’ve been seeing. (Also, how many shots are hitting the goalie square in the chest/glove/pads without screening.) Seems like our lacks of pace is allowing other teams to get in passing lanes and preventing our usual good movement. Confidence is a fragile thing. Thick as fuck when you’re winning. Brittle like thin crystal when you have some losses. Not doubting LAV either. Everyone stay calm. 

1 minute ago, Dem said:

The biggest problem I see is a regression back to the lack of  D we've been experiencing the last few years. Our top G is playing like a mere mortal or worse to boot. Mostly bad puck luck  on O. The scoring will come w this group. Long term much more concerned w the D

I don't know if the scoring will come from this group.

They were great on the power play and still are but they kinda suck at 5v5.

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

They could be better and should be better. No excuses. Just don’t seem like they want to win. Lack of effort and playing with zero confidence 

That's the part that really grinds my gears, lack of effort. I can handle losing a hard fought game. This is def not that

• Bullseye 1