• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #8] Rangers at Vancouver Canucks — Loser Gets the Rights to Kravtsov

Drew a Penalty

I was looking forward to this game to see how Laffy would do against a better team with speed…unfortunately, his lack of speed gets really magnified in a game like this…I was afraid of that.  Just looks 2 steps behind physically and mentally out there…hopefully it’s just a one off and he picks it back up next game.  

There's a few players I hated in the late 80s and early 90s.

Kevin Stevens 

Dave Brown

Peter Worrell 

Tim Hunter

Dale Hunter

Rob Ray

Mathew Barnaby 

Donald Brashear

Claude Lemieux

But for some reason I REALLY hated Rick Tocchet. I still do. Such a hate-able face. He's got douche bag written all over him. Such a whiney cun't for a guy that played pretty nasty.  It's a pleasure to beat him. 

Edited by The Dude

36 minutes ago, Pistol Pete said:

I was looking forward to this game to see how Laffy would do against a better team with speed…unfortunately, his lack of speed gets really magnified in a game like this…I was afraid of that.  Just looks 2 steps behind physically and mentally out there…hopefully it’s just a one off and he picks it back up next game.  

Also have to take into account that it was largely a special teams battle. Both sides had a fair amount of time on the Power Play. And while we definitely do have a 2nd unit under Laviolette, the PP1 still gets the bulk of the time; especially in a game like that. So factor that plus the time we had to spend killing penalties, no one on either side got much in the flow of the game at even strength.

Vancouver outplayed us aside from Shesterkin.

I'll take the win.

The trip on Kreider seemed obvious as it was happening but it could have been a dive by Pettersen.  Either way the refs have dicked the Rangers around a lot this season so far and getting one back is fine.

BTW, the linesmen this year have sucked at calling offsides.  I saw two possessions by Vancouver and one by the Rangers last night that seemed offsides on the way in and were not called.  One of them had Vancouver on a power play in the Rangers zone for a minute and a half while clearly offsides.  Any goal there would have been reversed.

The NHL really needs to fix the officiating because right now it is a sore spot for the league.

Edited by Br4d

26 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The trip on Kreider seemed obvious as it was happening but it could have been a dive by Pettersen.

Or #17 tripped Petterssen, depending on on the angle of the replay. Here's the angle to seem to show Krider tripping Pettersson:

Note, that the two refs in the video have unobstructed view of the play and neither called a penalty. Here's the angle that shows Canucks #17 tripping Pettersson:

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/video/k-andre-miller-with-a-spectacular-goal-from-vancouver-canucks-vs-n-6340077030112

In my view, it's been a combination of things. Kreider's and Pettersson feet tangled up, more like bumped into each other, and then #17 tripped Pettersson's right leg.

It was a bang-bang play in overtime, where the refs usually let the players play. Of course I am happy the way game ended, but don't believe that Krieder action was an obvious penalty.

I know, I know, the Canucks have a different viewpoint and have the world smallest violin carry their tune...

• Like 2

I think his own guy tripped him.  Looking at both angles he goes down at a moment when there is clearly no contact between him and Kreider, whereas his teammate is reaching out with his stick and seems to contact Pettersson's skate.

Fell asleep halfway through the second. Happy to wake up to a win. Watched the highlights; Shesty was player of the game. 

Rangers passing this year is so crisp. I'll say it again....this coaching change made all the difference in the world to get the most out of this roster. I'm very pleased with the product on the ice. There will be growing pains through out the season but this brand of hockey is much better than anything we've seen of recent.