• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Is There a Culture Issue?

3 hours ago, Pete said:

And surely even you can understand that sometimes players perform poorly for four games at a time. 

But it couldn't possibly be a young player feeling the pressure of having to overperform for a new coach with a reputation for activating defenseman...

But yes, let's continue to base our opinion on what we've learned with 78 games left to play. 

Brooks, Pete works for the front office. He's clearly smarter than everyone. He's the only guy I know who can prove a subjective matter. The whole hockey world knows Miller is the best!!!

5 hours ago, Dem said:

Brooks, Pete works for the front office. He's clearly smarter than everyone. He's the only guy I know who can prove a subjective matter. The whole hockey world knows Miller is the best!!!

You need to broaden your horizons beyond NYR Twitter. 

There are 30 other NHL teams who'd take Miller on their blue line in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Pete

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Great.  Thanks for your reply. It was great having a conversation with you.  I feel like we accomplished a lot here. Have a wonderful day.  

That's what happens when you go at people bud. I was simply making a subjective analysis from my point of view and you and Pete jumped in my shit. You don't want people to go at you, don't step in their shit brother. 

1 hour ago, Dem said:

That's what happens when you go at people bud. I was simply making a subjective analysis from my point of view and you and Pete jumped in my shit. You don't want people to go at you, don't step in their shit brother. 

WTF does this even mean? Either discuss a topic like an adult or just go. This isn't Twitter or Facebook. Discuss your take like a big boy.  That's what happens? What happens? You talk shit then walk away? Awesome bro. You're a solid contributor 

I came at you? I pointed out that Panarin hasn't been playing as you described. Not even with any kind of attitude. 

Can you point out where I jumped in "your shit"? I don't get the hostility or the grouping me in with Pete as if I'm an alliance with him.

Have you been around long? I hardly get along with that guy. Its pretty well known if you're a regular. 

Edited by The Dude

22 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Big culture change over a couple of days.....

Honestly we've seen more good hockey than bad this year. Lets pump the brakes on changing the team and let's ride this train boys!!!

The culture change last night was Panarin looking to shoot the puck when he got a nice feed from somebody.  Hope he keeps that up.

Rangers even strength goals leaders are still the same 3 guys: Panarin 3, Kreider 2, Lafreniere 2.

Doesn't anybody else want to score at even strength?

Edited by Br4d
  • Bullseye 1

I think it's pretty safe to say that Laviolette really believes in Panarin!  Fucking guy was on the ice all night!!

..and good for him!  He deserves to be recognized.  He's been playing his best hockey as a Ranger, and that says a lot, considering his accomplishments here already.  I'm hoping the others around him strive for more ice time the same way, and in the same manner.

That shit is infectious!  Panarin's work ethic is spreading through that line like wildfire; they've been pretty solid in just about all 5 games this season (you could throw out the Nashville mess).

I'm also loving Laff on that line.  The kid has some jam!  Who knew????  LOL

Edited by Ozzy
  • ALEXIS! 1

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think it's pretty safe to say that Laviolette really believes in Panarin!  Fucking guy was on the ice all night!!

..and good for him!  He deserves to be recognized.  He's been playing his best hockey as a Ranger, and that says a lot, considering his accomplishments here already.  I'm hoping the others around him strive for more ice time the same way, and in the same manner.

That shit is infectious!  Panarin's work ethic is spreading through that line like wildfire; they've been pretty solid in just about all 5 games this season (you could throw out the Nashville mess).

I'm also loving Laff on that line.  The kid has some jam!  Who knew????  LOL

It's not a jam in the donut, it's jelly.

• LMFAO 1
  • ALEXIS! 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well the culture question seems to have been resolved.  Everybody is playing hard when they get on the ice.

This is the best defensive team I've seen the Rangers field in a long time.  Even with Fox gone last night the 'Canes couldn't mount much of an attack and had trouble getting shots on goal.

I'm thinking Shesty's lower save percentage at this point has something to do with not fielding about 5 relatively easy shots a night because those just do not leak through any more.