• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers RFA Lafreniere Confident New Deal Will Come Soon

Phil

New York Rangers restricted free agent Alexis Lafreniere remains without a contract in place for next season, but is confident one will be signed soon.

The first overall pick in 2020 is one of 12 remaining unsigned RFAs across the league, with training camps set to open next month.

"It's coming," Lafreniere told La Presse of a new deal, per Google Translate. "My agent and the Rangers are in discussions, I hope it will be settled in the next few weeks."

"I think my game has improved on both sides of the ice," Lafreniere said. "I would still like to have more offensive production, generate more attack. 

"You have to be patient. It will come, I think."

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/new-york-rangers-rfa-alexis-lafreniere-confident-new-deal-will-come-soon-1.1995761

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

Less concerned about his contract then I am about him actually putting in the work this summer.

Work Shmerk......He is willing it into fruition....

"You have to be patient. It will come, I think."

A better comment would be:" I've been training hard all off season, trying to improve my game so I can produce at the level I expect myself to, to help contribute to our team."

He even sucks answering press questions ....

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

He likely wants a trade and circumstances aren't ripe for that.

The only way the Rangers trade him or acquiesce to an offer sheet of the type he'd likely command is if it appears as though there is an impasse and unfortunately that likely involves a holdout.

It’s not unusual for them not to get to a guy before a certain point. Then leave to take their planned vacation, and deal with it when they get back.

That happens a lot.

Literally teams have their entire organizations away on vacation of some sort from late-July into late-August. 

I really hope this kid makes us all eat shit for calling him Donut boy, Yukon, and every other name in the book.  So with that being said, here goes:

Hey Chunky!  Drop the Boston Creme, put a pen in your fat little fist, and sign your fuckin' name on the dotted line!!!  Stop screwing around, and let's get this shit rolling!

....fucking scrub!

The Muppets Laughing GIF

41 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I really hope this kid makes us all eat shit for calling him Donut boy, Yukon, and every other name in the book.  So with that being said, here goes:

Hey Chunky!  Drop the Boston Creme, put a pen in your fat little fist, and sign your fuckin' name on the dotted line!!!  Stop screwing around, and let's get this shit rolling!

....fucking scrub!

The Muppets Laughing GIF

Your mouth to God’s ears!

But the contract thing and the trade talk. Im

not really buying it. 

I honestly don't even want him here anymore.  Im pretty confident his icetime will be better suited for Othmann.

If it's taking this long there's obviously some sort of holdout, or trade request. 

We all know where he desires to play. What does Montreal have to offer that suites a current need? 

This dog and pony show is enough already. He flat out knows his work ethic is going to land him in Laviolettes doghouse. I think they are working on a trade. Its ridiculous to take this long. Fuck him. I'm done. The disappointment continues. 

Bye fatso. 

• LMFAO 1

45 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I honestly don't even want him here anymore.  Im pretty confident his icetime will be better suited for Othmann.

If it's taking this long there's obviously some sort of holdout, or trade request. 

We all know where he desires to play. What does Montreal have to offer that suites a current need? 

This dog and pony show is enough already. He flat out knows his work ethic is going to land him in Laviolettes doghouse. I think they are working on a trade. Its ridiculous to take this long. Fuck him. I'm done. The disappointment continues. 

Bye fatso. 

ron burgundy GIF

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

....fucking scrub!

The Muppets Laughing GIF

Yukon is a great nickname. No shame

• LMFAO 1