• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Off-season Thread: Endless Pain, Hatred, and Rage ... Also Boredom

Phil

His MNTC dropped down to 10 teams this upcoming season guess we'll find out if CHI was on it. At the same time it's being reported Krug's unwillingness to waive his is holding up a huge deal between Philly and STL.  Although philly working hard to change his mind. Wonder if Boston looks at Krug now that they've cleared almost the exact number needed for his contract??

Good times as things heat up for some teams.

• Keeps it 100 1

15 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

It sucks for him that it went down that way.

And to that place.

Ugggh.

Its honestly not the worst place to go.

Bedard and him will have some moments I’m sure. 

But for the remainder of his contract, this kinda sucks for him.

Until he gets traded again, which is highly likely, this will be shitty.

But he’ll play under no real pressure, get tons of minutes and opportunities again, and it’ll come with Bedard and all of that.

But it sucks.

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think the Blackhawks might be thinking they can turn this thing around real quick, and I don’t blame them after winning Bedard.

I think the Blackhawks are thinking "how do we get to the cap floor and make sure Bedard has good leaders around him"

Hall does a lot for both of those goals.

12 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I think the Blackhawks are thinking "how do we get to the cap floor and make sure Bedard has good leaders around him"

Hall does a lot for both of those goals.

12 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think the Blackhawks might be thinking they can turn this thing around real quick, and I don’t blame them after winning Bedard.

I think you're both probably right. Chicago watched the Rangers do it in what, two, three seasons? They'll try for the same as a marquee franchise/location who won't struggle to sign impact free agents (like Hall?).

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Stoked for the 'Welcome back!' video and standing ovation for Goat at the home opener.

By home opener, you mean for the 2008 Victoria Cup exhibition game they'll play?

• LMFAO 1

I'm biased, but would really love to have Barlow drop to us tonight.

Yeah, he's a LW, but I don't care. Just want someone here who can shoot off the wing in a couple years. Panarin will have been banished by then, anyways, following our b2b 10th place EC finishes we're going to look forward to.

I just pray it's not the talentless giant sod from Wisconsin or some piece of euro trash with Chytil/Kravtsov upside.

25 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I just pray it's not the talentless giant sod from Wisconsin or some piece of euro trash with Chytil/Kravtsov upside.

Two very different picks with very different outcomes, so I'm struggling to see the connection here? Getting a Chytil around 20-25 would be great, a Kravtsov at 10 - not so much.

We have a late 1st. I'll take a big, skilled center with decent upside at that spot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

With how often they're injured I guess they'll play that top 6 around 5 games.

Toffoli doesn't scare me much, Meier is overpaid because of one good season (and was bad for Devils last season). Not sold on Bratt either, but I do think Mercer is the real deal.

They'll be good, but I'm not as scared as everyone else. They caught teams by surprise last season, they won't to that this season. They only have 3 signed D's (4 with Hughes), and it's an average group of defensemen at best. Still a big question mark in goal.