• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I know a lot of people have been talking about Ovechin breaking Gretzky's goal record, and he might, although he's slowed some and the team is not as good. But, another who has a real shot of doing it is McDavid, no? That guy is a cheat code.

He’ll need many more seasons like this one. Ovechkin’s career goals/game pace is 0.61. McDavid’s is 0.53. If this season is the new norm, it’ll definitely be possible. 

On 4/7/2023 at 9:32 AM, Sharpshooter said:

I know a lot of people have been talking about Ovechin breaking Gretzky's goal record, and he might, although he's slowed some and the team is not as good. But, another who has a real shot of doing it is McDavid, no? That guy is a cheat code.

Mcdavid might be the only player to ever even get mentioned in the same sentence, and I still don’t think he break either record. That’s how obscene those records are. Ovi being so close to doing it is because Ovi is the greatest goal scorer of all time. Not a good one, not a great one, the greatest one. For almost 20 years every season. McDavid is off to an amazing start and certainly looks capable but he’s got to stay consistently at this level and stay healthy to get there, not at all a given.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 7:32 AM, Sharpshooter said:

Slowed down?  50 goals last year, 42 this year.  He has 3 years left on his deal.  He's a lock to top 900 goals.  If McDavid has 10 straight 50 goal seasons he'll have 800 goals at age 36.

11 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Bruins fans chanting We Want The Cup the last 2 nights. I hope it’s the kiss of death for them. What a stupid chant. I don’t care how good of a season you’re having. Once the playoffs start, we’re all back to even.

Just as stupid as Igor's Better chants vs. Vasilevskiy 

• Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 2

I cannot believe how much of a stinker the Islanders dropped in DC tonight. A must win game, playing a battered, beaten and finished Caps squad that is playing out the stretch. And just a gigantic fart. 2 Caps goals in the first 63 seconds of the game and couldn’t rebound from that. Now they don’t control their own fate as far as making the playoffs go.