• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Flames Sign Nazem Kadri to 7-Year/$49M Contract; $7M AAV

LindG1000

Kadri going to the isle would have given them a 2-month cup window. They’re so old as it is. 

calgary is whatever. They need a name, but he’s going to get beat the fuck up by the Canadian media again. Even worse if this is a big AAV.

43 minutes ago, josh said:

Kadri going to the isle would have given them a 2-month cup window. They’re so old as it is. 

calgary is whatever. They need a name, but he’s going to get beat the fuck up by the Canadian media again. Even worse if this is a big AAV.

Isles havent done anything to show Barzal that they want to win, which means Barzal may jet after the season.  

Kadri 7 years/$7 million

Contract should be created so the last 2 or 3 years are easier to be bought out.  Glad this one is finally done though, and it doesn't really affect us very much unless we play them in the finals!

Edited by Ozzy

The deal isn’t that bad. I think the AAV is lower than most thought Kadri would get pre-free agency.

However, if I was a Flames fan, I’d probably be a bit unthrilled with the future being mortgaged on Huberdeau and Kadri. They have basically created a 3 year window or so and their team isn’t really any better on paper with them plus Weegar than with Gaudreau and Tkachuk. I would have preferred a young players/picks haul from a Tkachuk deal, an eventual Lindholm trade, and a rebuild.

Edited by rmc51

12 hours ago, rmc51 said:

The deal isn’t that bad. I think the AAV is lower than most thought Kadri would get pre-free agency.

However, if I was a Flames fan, I’d probably be a bit unthrilled with the future being mortgaged on Huberdeau and Kadri. They have basically created a 3 year window or so and their team isn’t really any better on paper with them plus Weegar than with Gaudreau and Tkachuk. I would have preferred a young players/picks haul from a Tkachuk deal, an eventual Lindholm trade, and a rebuild.

Maybe on paper they arent AS good as they were but Huberdeau will be good for them. and Weager is a VERY good defenseman. I think they are still capable of going somewhere in the playoffs

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

agreed.  the gm really turned potential chicken shit into chicken salad this summer.

You aren't kidding; disastrous but did the best he could with the situation. And honestly, probably better than a lot of others could have given the situation. Calgary isnt NY; not everyone wants to play there (obviously).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Sure but they mitigated their losses. Going into the summer, I don't think they expected to lose Gaudreau and Tkachuck back to back like they did. When they did it was like getting hit by a sniper deep in it battlefield. They not only survived but managed to field dress the wound well enough to keep fighting. All in all, it's a pretty big win, even if they're not as strong or healthy as they were before.

Plus, let's be realistic. They weren't tearing it down after just investing in Markstrom, plus, after they just made the semi finals.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Sure but they mitigated their losses. Going into the summer, I don't think they expected to lose Gaudreau and Tkachuck back to back like they did. When they did it was like getting hit by a sniper deep in it battlefield. They not only survived but managed to field dress the wound well enough to keep fighting. All in all, it's a pretty big win, even if they're not as strong or healthy as they were before.

Plus, let's be realistic. They weren't tearing it down after just investing in Markstrom, plus, after they just made the semi finals.

I get all of that, and it’s somewhat impressive Treliving was able to land who he did given it’s Calgary…but it’s a significant shift at the top. It’s pretty unlikely to work and the commitments are incredibly long so it will inevitably delay any kind of real rebuild.

• Like 1